It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHOGM 2011 Police Powers Increased in Western Australia. Will be permanent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The Barnett Liberal Government of Western Australia, is rushing through a Bill tabled yesterday. To give Western Australia police sweeping new powers to combat protestors at this years CHOGM event. They are Unconstitutional and Draconian. They will be permanent powers not just for the event. www.greensmps.org.au...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What do you expect from Drakes? They think they can invade our world's governments, oppress our people, and get away with it. Sure, they have for the past several thousand years... but one day the civilizations of the Galaxy will rise up against the Draconian threat once and for all!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Didn't the government already take your firearms?

Sooooooo, what did you expect?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

I was gonna make that same exact point myself, from here Aussies are gonna have to find a way back to the top of the hill.
Should have kept those guns.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Australia suffers from apathy, It is so hard to get people to realize what is going on. Yes unfortunately we lost our right to bear arms, even having a strong knowledge of constitutional law serves no purpose as it is broken daily by the elite. When Julia Gillard was taken to court for treasonous acts upon the Australian people in a writ, the response by the presiding Magistrate was."You will not quote constitutional law in this courtroom" If you cannot use constitutional law what all law is based upon how the hell are we going to accomplish anything?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No doubt thats why they wanted to have the conference here and no doubt TPTB made sure the conference was brought here. Dont forget - when the decision was the more anti freedom faction of the Corporate Party was the only one office in Australia and noitce it's going to be held before their term expires.

This was tha same bloke who wanted the police to have stop and search laws wether the police wanted them or not. Maybe now we can see the reason why. TPTB are simply implmenting their plan in Australia now but then this has been evident for a while.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by omega man

western australia is becomming more of a police state every day. I have been in perth 3 years now and with every day it seems some new rule or law or privacy intrusion is forced upon the state. Im so disturbed living here now, not being able to have a beer without scanning your id onto some machine that goes god know where, cameras all over the city that can zoom in and read txt messages, crazy numbers of revenue collecting cameras.... And then we have the stupid new laws they want to introduce at cottesloe beach... No digging holes or building sandcastles!! After 8 years in beautiful australia alltogether, perth has prompted a move back to my home town in nz. Mite just have to stay for a protest of the commonwealth heads though
p.s omega man, what did happen with the treason charges? Is there a link you know of where i can read about it?

top topics

join