It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Governor Selling State Power Plants to the Kochs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Good discussion posts on this thread.

I gather that the state-owned plant sell off would also get rid of union jobs.

Wisconsin should become known for biomass energy (from cellulose like the cornstalk), but continued investment in coal and natural gas could stop that competing energy source. Anyone who buys those state power plants (that need upgrades) probably could by them at a good price, then use federal subsidies for coal pollution upgrades, then make a pretty penny selling the energy back to the state, for use at those institutions. Or maybe they could be converted to natural gas. If one already has coal/natural gas sources, that would be a good investment.

The plants would end up out of the market for biomass/biomass research, eliminating competition.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yay for round 2 of unsubstantiated claims.

This is getting quite ridiculous people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

This thread asks a question. There is a fact that state power plants are up for sale, and this thread points out state owned power plants.

Selling the state run plants gets rid of more public (union) workers.

Yes, it seems too much has been made of Koch buying the plants. Whether the buyer is Koch or not (or some company in which Koch has an interest), it could turn out that purchasing these plants that run state institutions would be a lucrative deal for the buyer.

If one wanted, one could keep the plants running on coal/natural gas only rather than biomass.

Walker divests the state of more union workers, and he sells property with the potential for a business to get paid with tax dollars. Not a bad deal for the investor...whoever it is...even if Koch is only a partial investor.

Like I have said elsewhere, a very conservative businessman I know confessed to me recently how even he can't stand to be around his business friends who rant about govt control, etc., then trip all over themselves getting govt contracts. The power from these power plants would be sold in a govt contract. Rates too high? Too bad, raise taxes/fees to pay for them.

<< 1   >>

join