It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I support a woman's right to choose. This does not mean I go around telling pregnant women to go and get abortions. lol

It means, quite simply, that I support a woman's right to choose.

I would support abortion. Call me a baby killer if you like, I can take it. I mean, it is what it is. In most cases, I would hazard to guess, it is an UNwanted pregnancy. Accidents happen: condoms break, the pill was ineffective, etc...

I would support life.....

Abortion and genocide? Sorry, maybe I am a cold hearted SNIP, but I don't see the comparison.
edit on 23-2-2011 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by geekyone

I wanted to have my daughter and nobody could talk me out of it. She is the best thing in my life. But, I knew that I couldn't do it again. My plate was abundantly full. I don't know how I could have survived if I had been forced to have another child that I would "give away".

Do you think forcing a woman to carry and give birth to a child and then give it away isn't inhumane? Is a woman a baby maker first and an individual second?

Does the mother of the child you are talking about have a connection with that child, or did she just donate it? How many men would be capable of such an act? How many men want to be trapped into parenthood?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
I support a woman's right to choose. This does not mean I go around telling pregnant women to go and get abortions. lol

It means, quite simply, that I support a woman's right to choose.

I would support abortion. Call me a baby killer if you like, I can take it. I mean, it is what it is. In most cases, I would hazard to guess, it is an UNwanted pregnancy. Accidents happen: condoms break, the pill was ineffective, etc...

I would support life.....

This is the point that I was trying to make earlier. I may not agree with you but at least you are honest.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Heuu...Trapped in parenthood is a big comment....I'm a happy father of two wonderful kids..I wanted four kids but my lovely wife told me that the other two I would have to carry for 9 months soooo...LOL....I respected her choice and life goes on.

Again, on the abortion thing. I am in full support of a woman's choice to have to to terminate, who would I be to tell and judge what a woman can and can not do with her body !!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I should start by saying I am very much anti-abortion, I can see very few instances where abortion can be justified, in fact almost none.

...thats fine, as long as you are a female and talking about your own choices...

The one exception I would have is where the birth will cause the death of the mother; in those circumstances I think it is justifiable for the medical professionals to advise an abortion other than its wrong.

...what if the baby is so severely deformed that their life will be nothing but agony?... thats okay with you, huh?... or have you never thought about that aspect?...

I just think it is wrong; I don’t need to bible to tell me murder is wrong, so I don’t need it to tell me abortion is wrong.

...its wrong for you... whether or not its wrong for someone else is THEIR call to make, not yours...

I have a neighbour who has just had a child at 24 weeks, the child is alive and the doctors say is doing well.

...you have no idea what it REALLY means for a doctor to say they're "doing well"...

...i wish people like you could spend a week witnessing the suffering and legal torture that happens in critical-care neo-natal units... it might curb your supremacist stupidity a bit...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
Again, on the abortion thing. I am in full support of a woman's choice to have to to terminate, who would I be to tell and judge what a woman can and can not do with her body !!!

You wouldn't judge someone who was pregnant and got drunk every day and as a result gave birth to a brain damaged child, who would suffer it's whole life because of what she did with "her body?"

edit on 23-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I wanted to have my daughter and nobody could talk me out of it. She is the best thing in my life. But, I knew that I couldn't do it again. My plate was abundantly full. I don't know how I could have survived if I had been forced to have another child that I would "give away".

Do you think forcing a woman to carry and give birth to a child and then give it away isn't inhumane? Is a woman a baby maker first and an individual second?

Does the mother of the child you are talking about have a connection with that child, or did she just donate it? How many men would be capable of such an act? How many men want to be trapped into parenthood?

I am not forcing anyone to do anything.
The mother that I am referring to was planning an abortion because she was having problems with her bloke. She was worried about her future etc I did not judge her or tell her what to do I just gave her an extra option. That her child could live with me for as long or short as she wanted but that it would be entirely her choice. She knew me well enough to know I meant every word. She did not have an abortion and I told her I am always here for her anytime. She had the baby and is raising it herself. So she didn't "donate" it anyway.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

When my boyfriend and I at 18 became sexually active we talked.

We talked about what sorts of birth control we would use and how we would handle a pregnancy. I was on birth control but couldn't relax during sex for thinking about "what if the pill doesn't work!!??" So... it was a condom. Every single time. Abortion was the option had I become pregnant. Some of my friends thought I was crazy and used the "pull out method" instead. Guess who ended up going for a trip to the doctors? Not me!! The moral of that story is do not use the "pull out method".

Now, at 24, I have changed MY mind on how I would handle a pregnancy. I would have it and raise it.

The key thing here is that had I gotten pregnant at say 19, even after all the controls I put in place, I would have been able to choose to terminate and not have been FORCED into keeping the child or putting it up for adoption.

edit on 23-2-2011 by worlds_away because: sorry for the choppyness.. I'm at work heeheehee

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

No...That woman would be an idiot. And I speak of experience. One of my cousin's mother was a coc aine addict and snorted during her pregnancy, my cousin was born with severe deformities of one leg, it had to be amputated at birth, he was a typical coc aine addict baby, had to be weened off. He now suffered from "extreme" ADHD and OCD, doctors relate those to the conditions he had to endure in the womb.

She chose to give birth the a child she knew was going to "suffer" the rest of his life and she ran away leaving his father to care for him. It's a good thing the father was a real man and stuck to his job.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekyone

I am just as strongly opposed to the lack of support. We need to be there for those women who do not terminate. I have helped someone and offered to take her (unborn) child into my family, either as a temporary or permanent measure. She went on to have the child who is very much wanted now.

Even after all you have been through I am sure that you cannot imagine not having your daughter in your life.

This we can agree on. I would make Paternal DNA testing MANDATORY. Child support MANDATORY - - - or go to a tent jail and be assigned to a chain gang road crew.

I would make it law that at least 80% of child support must be supported by receipts that show it benefited the child/children.

You can't force someone to care for their child - - but you can sure make them fully responsible.

I have yet to have any man in this forum support Mandatory Paternal DNA testing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well...a nice little personal story for us to all feel sorry for you, huh?

Sorry...I don't feel bad for you, I feel disgusted by your actions...but I don't feel bad for you.

I wonder how your daughter will react when she finds out you killed her baby sister??? Oh, that is if you tell her...you should right...it was just a "fetus"...nothing to feel bad about...right?

And now I will get flamed...but why??? It was just a parasitic fetus...right?? There should be no "guilt" or anything....that is unless it is more than just a "fetus".

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This we can agree on. I would make Paternal DNA testing MANDATORY. Child support MANDATORY - - - or go to a tent jail and be assigned to a chain gang road crew.

I would make it law that at least 80% of child support must be supported by receipts that show it benefited the child/children.

You can't force someone to care for their child - - but you can sure make them fully responsible.

I have yet to have any man in this forum support Mandatory Paternal DNA testing.

OH THE HYPOCRISY IS TOO MUCH.

Where is the man's CHOICE??? Why can't the man decide that this baby would "ruin his life"???

Let me guess....he made that choice when he decided to have sex...right??? Yeah, so did the women.

You make me laugh...in a sad way.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Well...a nice little personal story for us to all feel sorry for you, huh?

Sorry...I don't feel bad for you, I feel disgusted by your actions...but I don't feel bad for you.

I wonder how your daughter will react when she finds out you killed her baby sister??? Oh, that is if you tell her...you should right...it was just a "fetus"...nothing to feel bad about...right?

And now I will get flamed...but why??? It was just a parasitic fetus...right?? There should be no "guilt" or anything....that is unless it is more than just a "fetus".

Pure arrogance and ignorance. Please refrain from treating other people like you were God because you will never know what the power of a woman is until the day you see her give life. To give life is her choice, she is the owner of the hosting body. Get with it, it's not rocket science!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

No...That woman would be an idiot. And I speak of experience. One of my cousin's mother was a coc aine addict and snorted during her pregnancy, my cousin was born with severe deformities of one leg, it had to be amputated at birth, he was a typical coc aine addict baby, had to be weened off. He now suffered from "extreme" ADHD and OCD, doctors relate those to the conditions he had to endure in the womb.

Was this "woman" arrested and imprisoned for the severe abuse and misery that she inflicted?

Probably not, it was "her body" afterall.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

I agree with you....women do give life.

And trash get abortions.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Where is the man's CHOICE??? Why can't the man decide that this baby would "ruin his life"???

Let me guess....he made that choice when he decided to have sex...right??? Yeah, so did the women.

You make me laugh...in a sad way.

Again...she bares the child for 9 months and she get the ultimate responsibility to chose to give birth or not.
You are showing signs of a big inferiority complex....Being a man isn't that bad, I mean...We get to lift big things and open the pickle jar for them......That's important stuff you know !

Now get off your high horse.....What are you.......16......maybe what 19 ???? Live a little...Life is a wonderful teacher...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Was this "woman" arrested and imprisoned for the severe abuse and misery that she inflicted?

Probably not, it was "her body" afterall.

Under law...She was not and exactly for that reason....A fetus is not a child!!! And believe it or not I agree with that law !!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I agree with you....women do give life.

And trash get abortions.

To call a woman trash because she terminated a pregnancy shows how uneducated and how inhumane you are.
Please refrain from judging, you are definitely not in a superior position that qualifies you for that !

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I will absolutely embrace my right to judge...and in the case of abortion...I judge harshly.

If people don't like, well then they shouldn't kill babies.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You see? These are the kind of nasty responses when I say: MANDATORY PATERNAL DNA TESTING.

No where did I mention in that post anything about the woman aborting the child.

The post was about being responsible for a living child.

Men are so predictable.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join