It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried for Jehovah's Witnesses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm concerned about Jehovah's Witnesses... they don't believe that the mark of the beast is a literal mark, rather they believe it's a symbolic mark:
www.watchtower.org...
www.watchtower.org...

Yet they don't explain here how lack of a symbolic mark could prevent someone from buying or selling... to me, it seems so obviously literal:

Revelation 13:16
16 And it puts under compulsion all persons, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the slaves, that they should give these a mark in their right hand or upon their forehead, 17 and that nobody might be able to buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name. 18 Here is where wisdom comes in: Let the one that has intelligence calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number; and its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

Revelation 14:9
9 And another angel, a third, followed them, saying in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the wild beast and its image, and receives a mark on his forehead or upon his hand, 10 he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of his wrath, and he shall be tormented with fire and sulphur in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever, and day and night they have no rest, those who worship the wild beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

I may be wrong.. but hypothetically, let's just say they start chipping people as part of the new world order. I'm worried that if their 'organisation' tells them its okay (because they say the mark is symbolic and if they go back on what they've said it will be an embarassment) then members will willingly get the mark!

Any JWs out there, if this happened would you take it or not?
edit on 22-2-2011 by timeoftheend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much, their religion has as much to do with reality as any other religion has. You may as well worry that H.G. Well' s Martians are going to land and eat your neighbours.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by timeoftheend

I am more worried for christians, they have a guilt system in place, at least the Jehovas Witnesses haven't bought into corporate Americas Xmas and other thought up holidays for profit.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You are worried about them? They will pick apart any and everything you say to accommodate their Watchtower "prophecies". They are trained to disagree, and you wont win. Buddists, Lutherans, Methodists, Catholics, Hebrews, Moslems...to them, it doesnt matter what you think or how much you care about them.

If its not in the "Watchtower"...its not true, it doesnt exist, is against all teachings, logic, estimates and realities..of theirs. I have repeatedly asked them to treat me the same way with my beliefs equally...and they WILL NOT. And are always sure to tell me why IM WRONG.

My opinion only? If there are any "lost sheep" in this world...its got to be them.

Blessings anyway...........

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

As a former JW, I can honestly say that any RFID chipping would be an acceptance of the sign of the beast. It has been talked about at great length from former friends of mine who are still in the JW.

Personally, I found them to be a bunch of bloody hypocrites. But that's a personal issue.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Perhaps you have found the most important issue facing society and religion today! Maybe we should be more worried about ourselves, and what religions means to each individual, before we "worry" about the fate of others due to their personal beliefs.

Many Christians I know believe the mark of the beast is already being implemented. Were you paying attention? If not, I am worried about you.

edit on 22-2-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: spellin's

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

I don't believe that H.G Wells' Martians ate anyone did they? Didn't they vapourise people?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

i'm interested to know what you are referring to here, according to your statement what are you saying the mark is, and how is it affecting the buying/selling?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Tip of the iceburg. Jehovah's Witnesses are willingly deceived. I've tried to wake a few up but they get angry when you show them the evidence like the U.N debacle in 2001.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Personally, I found them to be a bunch of bloody hypocrites. But that's a personal issue.

I wholeheartedly agree. They wear make up about the eyes, which the bible forbids. They also stop at Macdonalds before they stop at my house every Sunday. If Macdonalds isn't of the devil, I don't know what is!

I talk to them every Sunday, they never give up, I have yet to let them in my house but they are here every Sunday. They read me some scripture (which is quite beautiful really) give me a magazine, which I thoroughly enjoy reading. Then they go on their merry way Sometimes I feel guilty for not letting them in, but I am unable to completely accept their religion, I am still interested in all the other religions and what they have to offer my spirit. I don't think they will ever understand that though. So, I am just polite. I accept the fact that they believe they need to spread the good word and give them a chance to relay their message. No harm done.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

This is great stuff! Thanks for posting it. I like the retro style of it too

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I am not saying that the mark is already implemented. I am simply making the statement that some Christians believe the mark has already begun, and it is a "metaphorical" mark. Some believe it is the Social Security system, or drivers liscence's. You may want to ask someone who believes in such things, because I don't.

As a side note, I had to have a drivers liscence to get all of the jobs I have been at, and I had to have a social security number to purchase all of my largers items. House, cars, etc....

You may not believe what JW's do, but the case could be made either way. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Therefore I will not tell someone that way they believe is wrong, and assign pity to them just because I am "worried". Please realize that your interpretation may be off track as well. Hope you didn't pass judgement before God has had his chance to judge you. He may not like that very much.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

That's nice of you, in my house we hide and pretend we are not home. They eventually get the message.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousObserver

Well they put in all this effort, and they are only human beings, they deserve your ear and attention as much as any other stranger. Alot of people say they try and cram their religion down your throat and other such things, but pepsi does that with advertising and people aren't offended by Pepsi, hell some people even drink it.
I don't just do it to be nice. They are good people doing good work in the end. They believe what they are doing is right, unlike pepsi co. who couldn't give one about what is wrong or right.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousObserver

if your in America, just try hanging the flag outside. they wont even step foot on your property.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

just because someone thinks what there doing is right don't mean it is right. if i see a mentaly handicaped child throwing rocks at windows i should let him go because he thinks its ok? no, i should do what i can to explain his mistakes to him and attempt to guide him in the right direction. the problem is that with a JW there is no telling them anything that doen't fit exactly what they already think they know. so in allowing them to even talk to you its much like listening to the handicaped kid tell you what rocks fly better. it only promotes the thinking that they are right.
basicly what it comes down to is this, if i tried to tell them about my religion they wouldn't for a second wish to hear a word of it. i feel that if they wont listen to me and my ideas than i shouldn't have any reason to listen to them. respect and consideration is a two way street. you gotta give a little to get a little.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
if your in America, just try hanging the flag outside. they wont even step foot on your property.

I don't know about that. I have an American flag painted across all the front windows of my house. It's pretty damn big, impossible to miss. I also have a JW hall right up the road, so we get all the new guys (I think we're their training neighborhood).

I found that answering the door naked keeps them away for several months at a time. Of course, were I not an ugly old guy, it might have different results...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You may not believe what JW's do, but the case could be made either way. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Therefore I will not tell someone that way they believe is wrong, and assign pity to them just because I am "worried". Please realize that your interpretation may be off track as well. Hope you didn't pass judgement before God has had his chance to judge you. He may not like that very much.

This is true, and I do realise that my interpretation may be off track. But if it is off track, then a literal mark of the beast will never be an issue because it won't exist. However if a literal mark does end up being forced upon people, which carries the hallmarks of what is described in the bible (giving the ability to buy or sell), it is a concern that they may be misled into taking it if/when the time arrives. There is also the possibility that it will be literal and the organisation will tell everyone not to take it. I sure hope so.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

This will help in bringing you to an accurate understanding of what the Mark of the Beast is, and isn't.

The Mark of the Beast

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

well maybe word spread about a house with a flag that has an ugly old naked guy in it so they don't want to take chances.. i can't say for sure it works but i have seen one occasion where a JW skipped over a house with a flag and moved on to the next.

<<   2  3 >>

join