It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt software to create "fake" people to spread propoganda via social sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What is next up for these bastages?? Unreal is all I can say. Was Egypt the testing ground to get folks out protesting???

The US government is offering private intelligence companies contracts to create software to manage "fake people" on social media sites and create the illusion of consensus on controversial issues. The contract calls for the development of "Persona Management Software" which would help the user create and manage a variety of distinct fake profiles online. The job listing was discussed in recently leaked emails from the private security firm HBGary after an attack by internet activist last week. Click here to view the government contract (PDF) According to the contract, the software would "protect the identity of government agencies" by employing a number of false signals to convince users that the poster is in fact a real person. A single user could manage unique background information and status updates for up to 10 fake people from a single computer. The software enables the government to shield its identity through a number of different methods including the ability to assign unique IP addresses to each persona and the ability to make it appear as though the user is posting from other locations around the world.

Link

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I would say the Tea Parties and the political madness even seen on ATS would have been the testting grounds. The US allways carries out there testing on US soil befor starting on other countries. They tried to do it to China a year ago and China hacked google adobe and many other companies and stopped them from going all the way.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Time to gradually stop using the internet for communication as it's going to be filled with government-funded spam. This forum is the only thing I use and ofcourse the obligatory email (rarely), delete all your other crap fellas.

new topics

join