It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Government Shutdown Looms

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

Thanks Again Regenmacher, that was a really excellent post. Intelligent and civilized discourse.
Well this is the week. We will find out on Friday, but already I see reports that a shutdown has been averted.
It was nice to see so many ATS members responding in a positive manner.
I haven't read into the details of who is trying to take credit for it or why, and I remain as unbiased as possible
at this point, so please forgive any political slant this article may entail. It is the first one at the tip of my fingers.

Link/source

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Note: The government shutdown for March 4th has been averted.

The new D-day is March 18th.

2-week measure postpones shutdown Politico

Threats of a government shutdown next week had all but disappeared by late Friday as Democrats reacted favorably to a Republican plan that would keep agencies operating past Mar. 4 while making a first down payment toward a larger budget deal.

The two-week peace is only temporary but gives House and Senate leaders through Mar 18 to try to resolve conservative demands for more than $60 billion in spending cuts, all concentrated in the second half of this fiscal year.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

And the debt ceiling will be reached around March 20...

So... the next 3 weeks are gonna be interesting.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The delay and stalling phase has just about played out....

Obama administration moving forward with government shutdown plans

With the clock ticking towards Friday’s federal budget deadline and President Obama hosting congressional leaders for budget talks at the White House on Tuesday, top administration officials have instructed agency officials to begin sharing details of shutdown contingency plans with top managers. This marks the next step toward both curtailing government operations if a budget impasse occurs and informing federal workers whether they are considered “essential” personnel who would stay on the job despite a shutdown.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

You know what? They are not even talking about the debt ceiling, they are talking about no federal budget.

This is not the same thing. At all. With no budget, no big deal, but with a debt ceiling breached, you default or cut deficit spending to 0$.

They are still avoiding completely the issue. Stupid MSM.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Government shutdown? Please maybe they will shutdown and not come back at all.

Promise, promise.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join