It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am new to this very interesting website. I am delighted at the variation of topics.
My main interest is finding rare occult and esoteric books. I have read Blavtsky to Baudelaire, Gurdjieff to Montague Summers to AE Waite. Looking for people who keep an extensive library for book acquisition advice
Thank you for your time

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Herblackwings

Hey Herblackwings,

Nice to meet you and welcome to ATS.

There are some really cool resource websites out there for occult books, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Will have a look around later for you but you probably already know most of them.

This is the Rudolf Steiner archive though (I think).

rsarchive.org

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Herblackwings, and have a flag on me.

If you're looking for a good book on the occult, here's a great one that I read a while back that explains it from the point of view of Christian theology:

Occult Phenomena in the Light of Theology

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Stick around long enough and you will probably find what you are looking for.

Good Luck!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hello and welcome. A good place to start looking is www.scribd.com

If you are looking for specific titles or subject but can't find them then U2U me anytime and I will help you or provide copies. I have a huge collection of pdf materials ranging from witchcraft, occult history to some of the 'darker' elements of occult magicks and philosophies.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hello Herblackwings, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Off Topic, One Liners, and Backscratching Posts.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Hefficide,
ATS member and Moderator.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I thank you all for replying to my post. I will look at the websites provided and contact those that have offered their mentorship in my quest for knowledge. It whispers in my ear that darkness most fear, draws me to embrace its secrets and find release through the abolition of my ignorance.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I am unable to U2U at the moment as I have not reached my allotted number of posts/threads. However once I have, I would find your help most useful. I am interested in both the dark and light, for to me, they are the nearly same but answer to the initiator's intentions. Energy is energy

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Welcome!

In your case with that background interest I have not a shred of doubt which book you must read... The book Zhuan Falun is a must read for any person with those interests of yours..

I recommend Falun Dafa self-cultivation and the book Zhuan Falun(linked into my signature below), the book deals with questions like how to become a truly good(and powerful) person, opening your third eye, developing supernormal(inborn but now lost) powers etc etc. The book was a bestseller in China before the communists banned it and started persecuting 100 million Falun Dafa practitioners in July 1999(as Nostradamus predicted..).

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness Compassion Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Thank you for your suggestion, I did read the PDF you recommended. I find the material not to my way of education. It follows too close to the dogma of Christianity. Have a good life and may you reach the level you require.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hey there

Was just wondering, what are occult books?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lydie15

The word occult means something hidden or concealed and it is not taken to mean anything bad or evil. In context to this thread occult books are those that contain magickal texts as found in witchcraft, satanism, gnosticism and early christian texts such as the Book of Enoch, these are just a few examples and if you search the internet you will find hundreds of different occult subjects.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

Thank you as well for giving me the site to check out!! Any and all information is important.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

More than happy to help

www.lib.monash.edu.au...

www.hermetics.org...

www.library.usyd.edu.au...

issuu.com...

If you would like or need anything else then hit me up ^___^

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Read "I Am That" by Nisargadatta

Jeff Foster, David Carse, Rupert Spira

all those alone should blow everything else out the water

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Welcome!

Please try downloading the book Zhuan Falun in my signature below. I use to say that book is the most interesting since heaven and earth was created.

I wish you good luck!

/Gaussq

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hello herblackwings! Welcome, and thanks for yours!

Computers are cool but there is no better feeling than reading a book! I especially love reading old books and am always surprised by the intelligence displayed by the Ancients, even more when I compare some modern solution to old ones, whatever the subject.

top topics

join