It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits. You think us Americans hate you? Not So.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You Brits are amazing. Your history gives us Americans something to look up to, and something to be proud of. I have pride in my brit heritage. Hell, some of the finest people I ever met were brit sailors. And scots women, lol. This is one American who has felt the kindness and welcomeness of the UK. I would not trade those memories for anything. Without getting too gushy, I simply love your country, and your people.
edit on 18-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
Without getting too gushy, I simply love your country.

It is a police state with cameras everywhere.

Nice tea though.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Without getting too gushy, I simply love your country.

It is a police state with cameras everywhere.

Nice tea though.

Still love it and the citizens. They welcomed me with open arms, and that's not something to forget.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Thanks. There is at least one American I like now

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Have you ever been to the UK?? there isn't camera's every where that itself is a overstatement somthing that gets past about on forums like this buy americans who havent been to the UK,

Thats like saying the fbi are on every street corner and gangs like ms13 rule your streets

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Brits are probably the closest to Americans as American you can get.

Americans like Americans, its funny to say it like that but its true. It's because Americans are not that Empathetic when it comes to foreigners. It probably has a lot to do with 9/11 Unfortunately even though most of us here believe it to be staged.

Hey I love foreigners...... most work harder then we do and usually always seem nicer then most americans.

There is hope for us yet..........

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Americans like Americans, its funny to say it like that but its true. It's because Americans are not that Empathetic when it comes to foreigners.

It probably has a lot to do with 9/11 Unfortunately even though most of us here believe it to be staged.

I think it goes back a little further than that....

Might be something to do with wars on the other side of the world, impregnating many of the natives while there and claiming they were responsible for the victory, then leaving military bases dotted around the place.

If more Americans were international tourists and not outspoken and of excessive volume when travelling, rather than posted overseas as part of a "defence" force then things would be different.

The Brits did the same for decades (centuries) too, but more quietly while sipping tea.

We're all as bad as eachother at the end of the day, and finger pointing is commonplace along with hypothetical hugging to make everyone feel better.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Some of my best memories are how the people of the UK treated me. It is not easy to say, but it isn't hard to feel. Love my homeland and the people there.

Thank you for welcoming an American so warmly.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Some of my best memories are how the people of the UK treated me. It is not easy to say, but it isn't hard to feel. Love my homeland and the people there.

May I ask where you visited? I live in Sussex, in the Lewes area to be exact.. which is where Thomas Pain started his political career and pamphlet writing..

Edit to add, glad you had a great time, tho I have worked with American corporates for over 20 years, I never really ever see any American tourists around here..
edit on 18/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I visited a sub-base in Scotland. I had the priveledge to travel the UK on leave. I never felt so welcomed anywhere else. Loved the scottish women. Beautiful beyond beliefe.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

May I ask where you visited? I live in Sussex, in the Lewes area to be exact.. which is where Thomas Pain started his political career and pamphlet writing..

Edit to add, glad you had a great time, tho I have worked with American corporates for over 20 years, I never really ever see any American tourists around here..

This was in the early 80's - amazing people. So warm and welcoming.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

I wasnt a tourist. I was a lieutenant on an American fast attack sub.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Pretty cool
most of my managers over the last 20 years have been Submariners (generally, ex-captains but very down to earth guys).... I've never worked that one out, but none the less, they where all great guys to work with
glad you had fun tho

Scotland is a great place, the current project I'm on has me working out of Aberdeen frequently (Rotary Wing Transport/SAR)

top topics

join