It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge to Christians: Prove the Bible is True

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhateverHappens

Faith is the means of the conman. I know this - I'm trained in hypnosis. It uses the same foundation to achieve the end means.

Faith doesn't do it. That's the biggest con of christianity.

Prove It!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Being convinced the bible is true ,doesn't mean that all the statements made in it are true ...There are statements made that are not true,so to prove that the bible is true makes no sense ..peace
I have a bible and that is true ..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Bible cannot be proven as true my friend. One must DECIDE it is TRUE to them.

If you look around at the world we have created, you will see that it is a world based on iniquity. Some live lives of splendor and wealth, while others are left to scrounge for their daily sustenance having nothing of their own. Some have lives filled with family and love, others are left alone and despised.

The Bible, particularly the lessons of Jesus Christ offer an alternative to the world we have created. It offers a Kingdom Christ has created, one he died for, one where all are Kings and Queens and are obligated one to the other to love and help to carry the burdens of this world.

It is a choice my friend. You have the world of the Roman Empire where you must fight for your mere survival, a dog eat dog world. Then you have the Heavenly Kingdom whereby all are equal and we work together loving all and helping each to find peace, love, and happiness.

Very few understand this. Even fewer can explain the choice that each must make. I hope I have spelled it out clearly for you, and ALL to see.

Choose wisely

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. Here is an interesting link which spells out the LEGAL differences between the two worlds.

LINK

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I had a title - but I asked three questions. You christians ain't too great at what you do. I remain wholly unconvinced. From where do you derive this 'faith'? From your upbringing or from your soul? If your soul - share the 'good news'....as the Bible instructs you you to do.

I'm here...and waiting.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think you will find this is not the forum for this topic.
Anyway, what you believe to be true is your reality.
Your reality is what you believe to be true.
If you believe it then it must be true.
If it is true, then you will believe it to be so.
It is as individual as your own fingerprint
absence of evidence is not evidence of absence I am sure you are familiar with that phrase.
Your challenge is impossible unless it is to your doppleganger .

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

We're going to have to agree on disagreeing here. I can't prove it, no more than you can prove otherwise.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I was raised in the Church of Scotland - a pretty old church. It teaches NOT to take the bible literally but to take its morality on board (the ten commandments). Some of our ministers don't even believe in God.

But that is not who my questions are directed toward, Its directed to the hardline fundamentalists who, so far, only appear to be able to cop out of the real arguments they perpetually shove down our throats. I require more than faith - I want proof - as any adult human being would. I'm too old for fairy stories.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

Convert me.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhateverHappens

We're going to have to agree on disagreeing here. I can't prove it, no more than you can prove otherwise.

Actually proving it otherwise is extremely easy to do. I've done it. I wrote a book about it. Unfortunately, I have not the time at the moment so, I will place this here and come back later when I have the time. But don't get me wrong, the way to lead a "GOOD" life is true even though it has much older origins.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

convert you from what, to what?
No two christians agree 100%

link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

You've got to have faith cos it ain't true. I'm a hypnotist....the state of hypnosis is real -however the fact that I have some special power is a fallacy.

80% of human ailments are psychosomatic and can be cured by faith in the hypnotist. Was Jesus simply a hypnostist?

link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by WhateverHappens

Faith is the means of the conman. I know this - I'm trained in hypnosis. It uses the same foundation to achieve the end means.

Faith doesn't do it. That's the biggest con of christianity.

Prove It!

Yes; further many of the claims made in the Bible are scientfic claims. For example if a Christian claims that they have the power to cure leprosy or blindness or to raise the dead or to perform miracles, one cannot simply argue that it is a question of faith. For example if a Christian claims to be able to miraculously cure a person of leprosy, and it is quite clear that the lepor is not cured, one cannot simply say that it is a question of "faith" as to whether the person is cured on not; it is a scientific matter; the person is either cured or they are not cured.

Unfortunately following in the example of a primitve fake healer and fake miracle worker is what has given rise to the multi-billion dollar Jesus business where charlatans prey on the sick, the disabled and the vulnerable.

Part of the problem of Christianity is that some of the edicts of Jesus were just common moral maxims of the era such as the "Golden rule" which was a general truthism proposed by Seneca and numerous other philosophers; however we do not worship Seneca as a saviour deity because of such ethical edicts. When such edicts are entwined with Jesus's advocation of the primitive and barbaric Judiac Law, the result is that a savage religion which promotes execution for numerous harmless and perfectly natural acts, is considered to be "loving."

Lux

Originally posted by Lucifer777

The Seven Signs.

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And these signs shall follow them that believe;
In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mt 16

Consider also the 7 Signs of those who are "not" condemned

1: You must beleive.
2: you must be baptised.
3: You must be able to perform exorcisms.
4: You must be able to speak in New Tongues.
5: You must be able to pick up serpents.
6: You must be able to safely drink any deadly poison.
7: You muyst be able to lay hands on the sick and miraculously cure them.

If you do not have the 7 signs, you are condemned.

It was also stated by the Jesus of the Gospels that you would do even "greater things than he."

Now the Jesus whom you claim spoke to you only asked you to "believe" and I think that this "belief only" theology developed because the professional Christian hypocrites realised that many of the teachings of Jesus were either too hard or impossible to follow.

We know that Christians cannot safely drink poison or miraculously cure leprosy and blindness, and since the professional Christian hypnotists know this also, they have just developed a much easier "belief only" theology, where you just become a rambling religious fanatic, talk incessantly about the teachings of Jesus, and yet reject the teachings of Jesus, apart from a few ethical maxims about love and so forth, which were common to that era; it is really just all about "believing" and about acting like a total hypocrite and being eternally rewarded for that.

Lux

edit on 17-2-2011 by Lucifer777 because: addition to text

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

no, you believe, or you do not, for i do not know the true language of the bible, for man has rewritten it for him self, for how can one word have so many different meanings is beyond me. 8 versions???? and you ask "convince me" i think if you were blind i would stand a better chance convincing you the sun is nothing more than a heat lamp. as my self yes i believe the word of god is the word , is it in it's true form no, was it at one time yes, are we to live by the word of god yes, it is not that easy when you only know what some one has written.

edit on 17-2-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Bedtime for me guys. I hope to awaken tomorrow to a new dawn and see one argument here that converts me.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You may find that this would have been a great thing, if it had been required at some point in the distant past:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a109ece1f7e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Just as there is that ridiculous "rule" about hotel rooms, and a buy-bull in each one....(and in all Marriott properties, a book of Mormon as well....because of Bill Marriott's biased "religion")...

Of course, much has been said, and said well, by many people...George Carlin, Penn & Teller, Christopher Hitchens, etc.....many video examples abound, won't waste this post with them, folks know how to look them up. And, they (except for HItchens) sometimes include language not 'family-friendly'...but, such is (sometimes) the nature of humor, and sardonic, passionate wit.....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by pirhanna

Yeah....I know we're always going to come up against 'faith'....but history proves the present bible was the result of human manipulation. I just want to hear how they argue this 'word of God' nonsense yet again. Maybe, just maybe, one day they will hear themselves.

I'm spiritual...believe we are more than flesh and bone....but obviously...religion is man made NOT God given.

tell me then. What do you think of miracles then? What do you think of the blood crying statues and the saints that have the power to heal huh? All fake? God is real and the Bible is the Final Word. Explain why scientists and researchers can NOT find a reasonable explanation for those things.
edit on 17-2-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

As a hypnotist I can easily perform 'miracles' (especially healing) but that is down to to the fantstic, little understood, human mind - not God.

A reminder my questions are;

Prove to me (with my knowledge of the Bible) that;
1. Jesus is the Messiah craved by the Hebrews as recognised by Christians
2. The first five books of the OT are not simply a means of giving a disparate and genetically diverse people a unifying sense of identity.
3. That the Bible is the word of God.

BTW group hypnosis is far easier to accomplish than hypnosis of the individual. You all feed off one another.

edit on 17-2-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
night all

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I was raised in the Church of Scotland - a pretty old church. It teaches NOT to take the bible literally but to take its morality on board (the ten commandments). Some of our ministers don't even believe in God.

If I were you I would run from such a church with all haste, and I would not seek refuge in any other church than the church of the Father, this whole existence. There is one Master to teach you spiritual truth, that is the Master who resides within you, the source of all love. Let your heart be your guide and earnestly look at the world we have created. Is it a world that values each individual as a manifestation of God?

Is it any wonder then that so many doubt even the existence of God?

The words in the Bible, spoken by Christ, recorded by his disciples are but a guide. Let them resonate in your heart, and the truth they contain will blossom.

But that is not who my questions are directed toward, Its directed to the hardline fundamentalists who, so far, only appear to be able to cop out of the real arguments they perpetually shove down our throats. I require more than faith - I want proof - as any adult human being would. I'm too old for fairy stories.

You are looking for proof from bad sources my friend. The truth, the proof, is within you. No one can prove to you what is in you but you. Trust no man, they are liars only capable of telling that which is within them, and never able to shine forth the proof to satisfy another. The proof is within your own heart, within your own mind.

There is only one Master, one father, and he reveals himself to his children in ways they will understand him.

Look within my friend. The Kingdom of God is within you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I know the 'truth' is within ME...that's the root of my challenge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join