It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wearing camo..................

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
OK lol if you try this ..do it alone!! and close to home its very enbarrasassing to ummm lose this game...

I always want to know what someone else can see "me" from a short distanance all geared up.
Long story short is I hung all my stuff shirt pants hat "EVERYTHING" ona small cedar tree and took 60-80 paces in my skivvies to turn around and at 1st I was uber impressed....omg I'm super camo'ed....

Anyways 2 1/2 hours later when I found my clothes and it was close to dark, and worried that I was gonna be hiking nekked....
Anyways its a great tip, just advise you to hang a small piece of trail marker ribbon, so you don't do as I did and almost lose them.
I always disliked the CGI paterned "blocky" stuff, but for some reason it works best IMO.

As for now, I use the 100mph rain suit for fowl weather, and the thinnest bug proof breathable over camo.
The breeathable camo works year round "frog tog" brand I preferr..
and I'm lucky enough to have access to a cnc type screeen printer thing...fancy t-shirt painter...so I can color/camo anything.

But to be a bit more on topic, it may be to your advantage to know your adversaries ways, dress code and all!
Sometimes the best place to hide is with the enemy....
edit on 17-2-2011 by Doc Holiday because: OCD kickin in ...must fill in blank boxs

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

if you spot someone wearing camo in the field how will you know it's a good guy or a bad guy?

Well, for me, I only wear camo when I'm not planning on being spotted! It's designed to break up the human outline in the designated environs, to better assist in hiding.

However, there are some other valid reasons for such fatigues:
1. Easy to clean/dry
2. Tough
3. Water resistant
4. Lots of pockets and loops for attaching things.

I'd agree though, in a SHTF scenario, could be tricky to identify friend or foe (depending on the scenario) if everyone is wearing the same thing. Still, there are some good reasons it is a standby.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
20 years ago when I was in the Air Farce we'd periodically get Marines on base for training. The standard line when seeing a couple of them in camo was "hey, look at those bushes walking down the street". Love them Marines. Great bunch of guys.

Camo is great in the woods when you don't want to be seen. Just don't take a nap on the truck trail...
They are, as said previously, pretty comfy and durable. Also pretty cheap most of the time. They do look kinda silly in an urban environment, though.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The ACU camo is not that effective in most environments and the military will be changing from that pattern. It's too light in color for the most part. You an improve it by marking some of the pixels with a black and brown sharpie.
Hunting patterns in polyester clothing can blend into certain environments very well but most people don't know what this clothing looks like under night vision goggles. They appear as a solid white for the most part. Cotton BDU's still look good under NV. They break up your pattern effectively under both conditions. The main drawback to cotton however is that it offers poor insulation when wet.
I'm not sure what type of clothing would be effective for masking yourself from thermal vision cameras. Here is a video of the latest NV equipment that appears difficult to defeat. www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think the idea behind wearing cammo would be the fact that you would NOT be seen.

It is an intresting thought, but cammo as a uniform is too main stream at this point. Real Tree and othe styles/types of cammo exsist. they are very differant than military cammo, but still, are cammo.

When it all goes splat, I think the people wearing cammo will be the ones waiting in he woods for the rest of the civilians to completely loose their mind and finish killing each other.

I have to think that anyone wearing cammo might be left alone as well. think that most poeple who possess it, hunt (animals or in the military's case, humans). It might put a mark on a person to follow or try and befreind and may have the side effect of targeting. But I have a feeling that by that point, the people wearing the cammo will be banded and dug in. Making them a force. Would they be targeted in town... Probably. But why not slip on a pair of jeans and a T before raiding the grocery sore... Or al long trenchcoat to hide the firearm you will be carrying...?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I only wear camo. Have guys seen what they sell at stores nowadays? I am not a metro sexual, nor will I ever try to blend in with such. I have alot oriental clothing as well, but people seem to think I am a terrorist when wearing it(as I have huge beard and stash), even though I am white. I like wearing orange to, but I look at it like nature...bright coloring means to stay away.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join