It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two U.S. citizens among seven charged in conspiracy to aid Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Two U.S. citizens among seven charged in conspiracy to aid Taliban

ww w.allheadlinenews.com

Oded Orbach and Alwar Pouryan are accused of trying to sell surface-to-air missiles to confidential sources of the Justice Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration who posed as representatives of the Taliban.

The two allegedly met with the confidential sources beginning in October in Ghana, Ukraine and Romania about the prices, technical specifications and requirements for training for the sale of weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Anyone with any delusions about just how many wars we're "fighting" over there might want to take a second to reconsider.

Seeing the headline with the word Taliban in in probably made people think of one war, when it's really about the other oneā€”the drug war.

This is DEA and the Justice Department involvement, with meetings in other countries on foreign soil. Not the DoD and the military.

Our DEA has a very far reach, doesn't it. So does our Justice Department. Just think how many of our tax dollars are being expended on fighting this drug war worldwide. Pardon me while I hurl.

ww w.allheadlinenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/16/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
From al Jazeera: US charges men over 'Taliban links'

"This alleged effort to arm and enrich the Taliban is the latest example of the dangers of an interconnected world in which terrorists and drug runners can link up across continents to harm Americans," US attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement.

From USA Today: 2 Americans among 7 charged in alleged plot to help Taliban

"Today we eliminated an entrenched global criminal network, preventing it from moving ton quantities of coc aine, laundering millions in drug money, and trading arms to the Taliban to undermine the rule of law and kill Americans. West Africa has emerged as a place where drugs and terror intersect," said DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Man, how much longer will people fall for this tripe?

What do people think happens to the pallets of cash and large weapons depots that just "go missing" in these war zones? The Pentagon can't account for trillions of dollars...trillions, and they're trying to single out a few scapegoats? Please.

The US Military ARE the "Taliban".

For crying out loud people, its time to stop projecting your honesty and trustworthiness on your leaders. They're not like you.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

I don't understand it myself. Trillions.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm sure you could charge various members of the CIA with supporting the Taliban as well, although I wouldn't hold my breath.

new topics

top topics

join