It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Distortion Thread Dropped Off Board?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey now, did anyone notice how this thread that was at the top of New Picks AND New Hot columns just dropped off totally in a flash? It was still getting flags and responses. Not trying to cause problems here, but I am now suspicious, what gives? Now it's not in the Firehouse either?
Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

spec

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Any idea why you think this might have happened?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Click on homepage. It's placed second.

No conspiracy, It was just seemingly replaced by a more popular thread.

If you click on top topics, It can be seen there as well.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

No, I am a bit surprised to even think someone here is minimizing it's exposure, and perhaps that is an unfair assessment, but that is what came to mind. Maybe it's just normal board slippage from new threads, but they BOTH disappeared simultaneously from the 2 boards and that's what caught my eye, as well as the topic itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

That what I am considering too, thanks. When I go to the Political Madness forum, I notice a black vertical line to the left of this thread, do you know what that signifies?

spec

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

As far as I know, the black line comes into effect if a thread receives a certain number of flags or replies (presumably to highlight it being successful thus getting the attention off others as well). Not sure what exact number is needed for it though, might be worth asking a mod as they may know.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thank you Rising Against

spec

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As pointed out earlier, the thread is still available and on the Top Topics list right now. With the number of flags it has, I would think it will be there for a few days, it may even top it at some point.

The new topics feed generally only runs for about 16/17 hours and things get replaced by newer active topics. The firehose only goes to 12 hours. The thread was posted about 20 hours ago so it has fallen off those lists.

The black line, although not positive, I believe RA has it right, a certain number of flags, posts or combination of both triggers it. It denotes a hot active topic.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thank you too for the clarification GAOTU789

spec

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Well, It was bugging me (My darned OCD.
) so I just had a quick look using the Alien & UFO's forum as an example and the highest number of replies a thread has received with the black line, but with a small amount of flags is 200. Every other thread with 201 or more replies has the black line so I assume that's the limit.

In regards to flags though, the highest I saw without the black line but with replies under 200, was 74. Every thread with 75 though has the black line, so I'd assume that would be the limit for flags as well. Hopefully.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Every other thread with 201 or more replies has the black line so I assume that's the limit.

I can confirm this, because I've seen two of my own threads make the transition at the stroke of 201 replies; in one case, when somebody posted this afternoon.

top topics

join