It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Anmarie...thank you for the "push" on the facebook page. Although I am very computer literate, any suggestions dealing with facebook will always be appreciated! I guess it is now time to start listing some of the great links from this thread on our facebook group page and look into linking with some of the other groups on facebook that are against fracking. I am excited to see where this all leads.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You all are so awesome for all of the work going into this thread, and now on other areas of the internet as well. Amazing dedication! I hope that your hard work helps to keep those dogs leashed!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok, now we need a telemarketer. Well, not really. We need a spammer. Well, not exactly, that's random. Does someone want to go through the thread and invite those that have commented to join the groups we've created.

It's easy to get someone's attention, but in today's world, it's a monumental task keeping their attention. A simple email inviting them to have a second look and see if they want to formalize their support and help highlight the issue.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by researchit333

Been reading and following the thread from the first post. Phenomenal work. I would swear you all have doctoral degrees in geology except that you're way beyond that level of knowledge.
I joined the Fbook page and am following at Twitter. Will check out the blog later this afternoon.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Okay, I am on Worldpress and the facebook page.

I am sorry to say though that it would appear the swarm is not quite over yet. Some small quakes coming through GEE ....AND those micro quakes I am seeing in Louisiana continue to increase. I swear.

Edit to add: Check out the latest Iris seismo HERE begining at 2107
edit on 22-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Ya, it's been real slow but steady. Over last few minutes there's several in quick order.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Holy fracking fluids Batman, there's already over twenty people on Facebook.
My name is Robin and I just tweeted for the first time. Blush.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
We're not geologists. We're quake geeks. Quake geek sentinels.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So now I am picking up a quake around 2.0 down south in Louisiana. Unless there is some sort of wierd interference going on there.

TA.241A on GEE

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Quake Geek alert.
We're getting more webicorders to look at.

www.wmctv.com...
edit on 22-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was looking at the Gasland website and noticed a section on share your story. They'll be sending there's to congress. But we can have one on our blog for the citizens of Arkansas so they have a specific area set aside for them. I hope our Arkansans check back and know that we're looking for them. What's an Arluk? Dang, now I have to check on that.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

This is what I am seeing in louisiana, with more coming in. I think it is somewhat distant, but the seismos are limited...hardly any in mississippi

edit on 22-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Give me a link for a webicorder that's not GEE please

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I thought that TA 241A looked strange and I don't even know what I'm looking at! I looked for a close webicorder and can't find one either.

Also, because I don't know what I am looking at on GEE, what is going on with TA X40A? It just looks strange to me....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I dunno where in Louisiana you are wanting, but this is the only one I can find. It's located in Monroe, LA. Hope this helps. You did say South Louisiana, didn't you?

www.ladeltascience.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, I have a request in with ATS owner SkepticOverlord. regarding the sending of messages to previous posters.
As to not spam and stay within site rules I felt it was better to contact him for best practices, before moving forward.
If had to be done manually, I am willing to troll all these pages to get this done. But like everyone I want it done right.
I sent him a draft of the message I would be sending, which I will message you with directly for editing as well. If approved by SO then its a GO!
edit on 22-2-2011 by SunflowerStar because: sp

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

It's a no go, but...BUT there are alternatives. So we are not in the weeds yet with this.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Thank you for trying!

Are there rules against someone starting a new thread along the lines of "help our cause against fracking", or "help save the NMSZ"... that sort of thing?

I'm sorry, I haven't had time to look for that in the ATS rules and terms. I thought I would just toss it out there. If it is allowed, catchy title, with a link back to here, along with the Facebook page, Twitter, Wordpress, etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Found a February 18, 2011 quake just off-shore of Alabama.

Here's the picture.

edit on 22-2-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just joined Arkansas Friend on Facebook.

Was thinking as some of us have another name on Facebook we may not know who certain people are. I left a comment that I was also know as Crazydaisy.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join