It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 199
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
About an hour ago I was going to say you should look at the webicorders because it's been remarkably quiet.
I talked myself out of it.

It stopped being quiet.

Puterman, those chubby signatures are not vehicles. I don't what they are exactly. But they ain't cars.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Someone had mentioned rainbow clouds in this discussion - this is a magnificent photo of a rainbow cloud over Mt Everest
www.dailymail.co.uk...

and strange fish behavior on coast of Mexico
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This quake is to the north of the fault. The 3.0 was at the very south.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

This quake is to the north of the fault. The 3.0 was at the very south.

I felt just a little bump with that quake and figured it had to be closer to Guy. I'm at the southern end of the fault -- the 3.0 was 2 miles N of me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for your reply,I did notice alot of flooding in the area,but it was to the north of where I saw the poles leaning,thanks for the info on the prevailing winds.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Lot's going on right now. Not really sure what to think about it all. The one thing I know is we must find a way to stay alive, and we do that by taking care of each other. ANY information I have, I will share it with you. Please do the same. Over all take care!

Observation:
Okay, the earth in my opinion is in complete flux. The amount of quakes and there frequency go beyond what I know. My theory is, quakes will continue and North America shows seismic signs of disruption. What this means I am not completely sure yet. Still working on scenarios and open to ideas! While there is nothing we can do to stop the Earth from going through this pattern, are best hope to save as many lives as we can, must be to some how predict future events, so that we can provide WARNING to our fellow good people.

Washington State shows signs of a disruption 10 to 20 km down. These fractures are not new. The possible rupture could have like effects from March 11th, M 9.0. Probability, uncertain but cautious.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh I have to share this!!!

I'm watching Real Time With Bill Maher on HBO right now... if you have HBO, look for the repeats. West coast feed will be on soon, but it will repeat several times this weekend and week. If you don't know who Bill Maher is... he's a political comedian. He used to have a show on the ABC network called "Politically Incorrect With Bill Maher". He's been on HBO for a few years now, which is great for him and his guests (who range from political figures, journalists, entertainers, etc.) as they are free to swear like sailors and discuss things openly without fear of the media hammer behind a regular network. He always has a panel of 3 people on with him to discuss "Real Time" current events. His show airs LIVE on Friday nights.

Anyway... they just discussed fracking and how horrible it is!!! Stating it causes earthquakes, tap water to burst into flames, how bad it is, etc. WOOO HOOO!!! I love it when this subject gets attention like this!!

edit on 18-3-2011 by UtahRosebud because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
May have heard but people in Florida say they felt a quake but USGS aren't picking it up. www.wftv.com...

We had 2 here in western NC last Wed. Why would east coast have quakes if not on fault line?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've got a pretty big thunder storm rolling through. So I thought I'd open GEE. Loaded AR, Mt. Ranier, Hawaii, ane a couple of others. They all show different strenths, but unique wave patterns, sharp and close together. Would one of our regular watchers to interpret for me. Gonna close and reopen GEE, but it looks weird. Techies check in. I opened Wolly Hallow on folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu... and it looks way calm. Whats the difference between GEE for this area and www.geology.ar.gov... ?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
According to Global Incident map - SoCal just had 13 earthquakes in the last 30 minutes. All under 2, but I've just never seen anything llke this before.. So to you experts I ask, Is this normal?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've written something on Quake Watch if anyone's interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It's time to remind and frackers reading this thread that....

"This land is made for you and me"....

And I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean for fracking. Stop fracking frackers!!!!!!

edit on 19-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: I typo'ed.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Is anybody watching White Oak Lake...AG.WLAR on GEE ? Looks VERY unusual. Sorry I don't know how to do a screen shot...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

Believe it or not, that's normal for that station. It's local. I asked Puterman about it when I first noticed it a few weeks ago. It's not earthquakes. I don't know what it is though. Lots of stations are get local noise. I've had two people ask me about one particular station. I swear they put the siesmogram under a highway overpass. Heck, it could be a tractor.

Sorry about the profanity earlier. I just get real angry thinking about fracking and it's consequences.
George Carlin made me do it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Hey Robin, you forgot to mention in your post on the Quake Watch thread that we had 2 EQ's here a few days ago in NC within 9 hours of each other. They were a 2.1 and a 2.3 just south of Ashville, NC. It's not unusual to have EQ's every so often here in NC, but not with any regularity and apparently my dog sensed them a few days before and was crazy for a few days which is why I created the East Coast dogs/cats thread. That was a few days before the small quakes here and thought it may have been due to increased military activity that was making her nervous and it still may have been, but now not so sure. But I am keeping my eye on it. But we have NO fracking around here and there are a few faults but with the research I have done for this area and my state, no one seems to have a good idea why we have these quakes. Some say it's the small faults and others say that they don't know and think there may be other faults around this area they haven't found yet. Who knows. But maybe another small piece to the puzzle or maybe has nothing to do with it at all.

edit on 19-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Thanks Robin...I noticed that AG.CCAR has spikes also at 15:02 when AG.WLAR had them at 15:00..
Looks like it has quieted.....spoke to soon it is back....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
reply to post by PuterMan

Geologists have no way of knowing if it is a super volcano or not. You are confusing super volcanic eruptions estimates with what is or is not a super volcano. Both Vesuvius and Thera could very well be super volcanoes.

The only person confused around here is you. Any large volcano 'could' be a super volcano potentially in the future. The whole point of what I said was that to be a supervolcano it has to be an historic thing as it has to have erupted with VEI 8. You can can say that Campi Flegri might potentially be a supervolcano. You cannot say it IS a supervolcano.

No I am not confused. Not one tiny little bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Are we all on our toes because of the Supermoon today?? I'm definitely keeping an eye and an ear out...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

I didn't neccessarily forget about them. It's just that I've been tracking down some many wierd quakes it hard to list them all. I will look at it a bit closer and see what I find. I have noticed them awhile back I think.

I saw a super-bad sci-fi movie not long ago. It was called MegaQuake. It think the epicenter for the quake that was going to split the United States in half was in the Carolinas. They were doing some mountain top mining, or stip mining, I'm not sure on that. Then the earth ripped open. If the United States was going to rip in half, they got the wrong direction. A rift would formed along the Mississippi.

If there is heavy mining in the area, that may be the cause...

new topics

top topics

<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join