It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

the friend that told me these things told me in corrilation of a lot of activity thats been seen by a lot of friends of mine from nc to ark...all over...even down in alabama....big trucks with sattillites...thats what everyone keeps sayin..that and blackhawk helicopters...i pray hes wrong...its a scary thought they would do it...if they would..it never hurts to be prepared tho....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

i live right down the road from dupont as well...i forgot all about that place...that would be a very bad scenario...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Hi Susan. Hope things have settled down abit?
I've been looking for the name of the lake in your picture. All i could find is Lake Hamilton. Would this be the lake you took a photo of?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I think I found it. It's Williams lake

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan....how are things today hon? I know you don't really know me, but I have been thinking of you a lot and wondering how you're doing...I think everyone has adopted you!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hi all... just me again, the consumate lurker..... found a couple of local NY articles on this and how Buffalo put a stop to fracking in WNY.

Buffalo Bans Fracking

Opposing Fracking One Community at a Time

I post these in hopes that there is something in them that may help in your cause in AR, if only to give some moral support to you all.

Here is a link from the Frack Action website Website for Frack Action that when you type in your zip code will direct a form letter to your local elected officials. Don't know if it has been posted or not yet on this thread, if it has, my apologies.

Petition

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovebledhate
reply to post by Bachrk

the friend that told me these things told me in corrilation of a lot of activity thats been seen by a lot of friends of mine from nc to ark...all over...even down in alabama....big trucks with sattillites...thats what everyone keeps sayin..that and blackhawk helicopters...i pray hes wrong...its a scary thought they would do it...if they would..it never hurts to be prepared tho....

I totally agree. We are prepared as well. (well I prepared us since my husbands thinks I'm a conspiracy nutbag)

All I got for you is Fema as well as the EMA are not talking at all. This info I share came from high up ranks in the city of Memphis government. So either "they" ie:Fema, EMA, Memphis Governments' higher ups are being kept out of the loop until they are needed or they DO know and just aren't talking. Hope its all just a ruse considering the devastation and loss of life that could be triggered. I don't care to be part of "their" experiments to relieve pressure on or near the New Madrid faultline..

You are right though, be prepared.
I'm a "just in case" kinda gal myself.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok folks... even though this has to do with the ChristChurch earthquake, I feel it is relevant to share here as well. Especially considering the "liquefaction" aspects and concerns of Arkansas and surrounding areas.

Very alarming!!

A reservoir the size of a football field has emptied in the days since the earthquake, leaving the few residents still in the area wondering what's happened to the water.

The reservoir in the hillside suburb of Huntsbury suffered cracks and shifted with the force of the quake.

It used to hold 36 million litres of water, but during last month's quake, the reservoir sprung a leak and started making noises.

Two weeks on, the reservoir's empty and so is the neighbourhood - but the question remains, where has all that water gone?

News Article
edit on 8-3-2011 by UtahRosebud because: Spelling error

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.iris.washington.edu...
look at the black line looks like another strange one

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
looks like its building up for another big burst,. last time it was like this there was a 4.
www.iris.washington.edu...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A notice was left in the comments section of the Discussions page. I have moved it to it's own page called NOTICES.

frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

That black line is nothing to do with Greenbrier. It is not even registering on the WHAR seismo which is the one right on top of the swarm. X40A is 60 miles from the action.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Anyone checking-out Woolly Hollow and White Oak Lake, Arkansas seismographs?

Woolly Hollow

White Oak Lake

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Anyone checking-out Woolly Hollow and White Oak Lake, Arkansas seismographs?

we just had a thunderstorm pass through with heavy rain - otherwise haven't felt any ground movement.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

check out w40A.... looks likes its doing a hula dance. I have no idea whats going on with it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If I'm not writing, it means I'm thinking.

I'm on the right track. There are still some unanswered questions.

To better understand the Enola swarms. I contacted a person who has been part of a geological study of the 2001 swarm. I didn't find the answers I wanted, but I was definately asking the right ones. Geologists are a very conservative bunch. Let's not forget Scott Ausbrook's reluctance to find causality. He didn't want to connect the dots. Why?

If I was digging a hole to China, I'm sure my friend would have told me to stop. Instead, I was told to keep on digging.

The answers are in Enola. The common thread orginates in Enola. Enola.

I know why Susan can feel every wave. And her son as well. It's because she's sensitive, and empathetic. She is a dog lover. Her dogs start to resonate when they hear the first rumblings. This causes them to become nervous and anxious. Susan is focused on speaking her dogs language so she can give them the best care possible. This relationship has heigthten Susan's already keen sensitivies. It's all in the ear. The balance and the auditory receptor. The dogs can pick up the sounds we can't hear. Susan can feel the ways in her balance system with the ear. It is like a bubble in a carpenter's level. Tiny hairs pick up the movement and tell the brain that the ground beneath them has changed.

But there is another reason Susan is feeling every little wave. There is a well near her home. The earthquakes from the fault send out waves. Near Susan's home there must be a resorviour in the old well, or a large cavity in the aquifer. This is amplifying the waves that pass under her house.

Enola is not very far north of Susan. The have an injection well near Enola. To answer my questions about Enola, I need to know the history. I've been directed to make my inquires to locals, and to look at the studies on Enola and put my search in a University database. Except that request would probably only be done through the University's ip. I've even been guided to ask about military activity. I'm not touching that one even though I just wrote that. Felt like I just handled plutonium.

So. The detective in me says to keep thinking and digging, into the town called Enola and their mysterious quakes.

Scientists don't have an answer for the quakes. They have some pretty good ideas, and conservative suppositions, but no hard links to anything in particular. But from the seimic data. It can be suggested the quakes were fluid induce. In other words, liquids may have caused the swarms.

We drill to extract oil to fuel our world. We drill to extract the gas to warm our homes. We are now even reversing our direction and pumping our wastes down the holes we drilled. We drill to extract cores from the ground to study the geology. But don't forget the other drilling, the drilling for your most precious resource.

Water.

Hidden away where only the geologist can see them, our aquifers are being tapped to bring water to our homes. And our groundwater is tapped to irrigate our checkboard network of farms. I thought crop circles were only one kind of phenomenon. Whatever their cause. But if you fly around the world exploring, you find lots of tiny green circles. Irrigated crops planted around a single spraying nozzle.

Some of the circles once picked and plowed looke biege or whitish. The green look lush and dark. As I said, it's a checkerboard of farms and it looks as if some giants are playing a match.

Dig. Digging. Soon I'll be so far down I'll be able to swim in the aquifer. Mighty dark down there though.

Mighty dark.

Like a shadow. They creep away like the weekend rushers, those that will do anything to get off early on Friday.

By Monday, everything's forgotten.
By Tuesday, we're into a new production schedule.

The Enola swarms were not caused by natural forces alone. I am convinced drilling is the trigger.
I don't have a smoking gun. I need a print, or some DNA.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just an observation:
the earthquakes are moving North in the New Madrid area. UGSG map.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

What you're seeing now is a return to the usual for that area. I had been wondering when they would light up again. There's usually a pattern of four epicenters running north-south. They seem to alternate in a zig zag pattern. They been that way for the longest time. Actually, there absense from the maps during the recent spike in Greenbier suprised me. Also, Oklahoma went quiet in the weeks just before the Greenbrier swarm. This too puzzled me. There's only been a few in the last month or so. I actually felt relief when they started appearing again.

The Texas quake was in fracking country. Probably injection wells there too. Kinda goes with the territory unless individual states mandate against it.

I'll be honest with you. I haven't been even mentioning my predictions. Because everyone here was smarter than me and focused on the injection wells. I believe in our collective intelligence. But when you get me alone, I'll open up too much. Those little quakes running up and down the river. That's where I think the rupture will happen. I'm sorry. I hate saying this. I think the Mississipe will be split down the middle.

But I've been wrong. I was wrong in my expectations regarding the media reaction. I forgot to calculate in two important factors. I was running on emotion. I said it would be a perfect storm of events which would catch the media's attention. The 4.7 magnitude quakes definately caught their eye, but they are worse than children with ADHD. I can say that- in my case, I'm certified. I forgot two things. One, it was a Friday. That's a subject for an entire tirade and I'm not in the mood. Number two, the gas companies need not contest the emergency order.

The fracking media needs contraversy. Conflict. The gas boys did not want the scrutiny. They do not want the debate. They want to sweep this under the carpet. Better yet, they want to ram this down a deep dark hole in the ground and hide it where the sun don't shine. Kinda like the wastewater when the inject it deep into our earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
japan 7.2 waves comming thru looks wild
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

Thanks, was wondering what the heck was going on....

new topics

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join