It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of "God" lives in a box???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Oh wow you are telling me that "god" does not want a man to serve himself? He only wants himself to be the center of all? I'm starting to see the narcissist side of your "god" here. He wants to be worshiped and best of all he wants blood offering?
Is that how you want your "god" to be? An egotist, materialist, narcissist, "god"?

How can you call someone like that a god?

I will stop arguing with you, there is no point in arguing with people who have closed their mind for other possibilities.

One last advice, don't let the FEAR of the unknown consume you my friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

dude dig into the scientific part of this argument. what we call fear is just a chemical reaction in the brain and this chemical reaction plays a large part in your decision making on a consistent basis and this is not just some random ideas i came up with in my head. ask a scientist he will explain it better than i can.
once again choose what you fear and control your fear, but you will "fear" no matter what.

for the last time i'm not talking about uncontrollable i'm scared for my life kinda fear. just the normal kind that EVERYONE uses in their everyday lives.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by Akragon

dude you are completely ignoring the fact that your logic is based on fear... whether you want it to be or not it is... it's just the way things are. this is not a discussion this is fact... just sayin man. the only choice really is WHAT do you fear and not IF you will fear.

no im not ignoring anything, i understand what fear is. I've had fear of many things in my life, and have overcome those fears long ago.

Fear isn't in me, i have no need of it....

oh btw
Just because you call what your talking about a fact doesn't make it a fact.

Let me clarify one thing here, i don't think we're on the same page...

I have no fear of the irrational, but there are fears that are in all of us....i do fear falling. Though again, i don't put myself in a situation where i might fall.

I don't fear what the media tells you to fear, i don't fear God, or death.........i don't fear that which is beyond my control.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

God is all that HE IS. God is everything he wants you to be a servant to the world. tell me how that rationale is a bad thing...

think about a world where everybody helped everybody... yup pretty narcissistic if you ask me

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

dude dig into the scientific part of this argument. what we call fear is just a chemical reaction in the brain and this chemical reaction plays a large part in your decision making on a consistent basis and this is not just some random ideas i came up with in my head. ask a scientist he will explain it better than i can.
once again choose what you fear and control your fear, but you will "fear" no matter what.

for the last time i'm not talking about uncontrollable i'm scared for my life kinda fear. just the normal kind that EVERYONE uses in their everyday lives.

This i realize, but it has nothing to do with what this thread is about...

link   
reply to post by Akragon

ahhh ok then we are on different pages. i fear God, but it's not a bad thing. it's more like i know he know's what he's talking about, and because that i listen.

to me it's like a mother telling a child not to touch the stove cause it's hot and the child listens. cause it knows it better listen to momma. thats the way i see it

link   

God does not want you to help everybody. Only those that recognize him as their slave master. The rest are to be killed or ostrasized.

Sources:
Koran, Bible, Torah.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

God is all that HE IS. God is everything he wants you to be a servant to the world. tell me how that rationale is a bad thing...

think about a world where everybody helped everybody... yup pretty narcissistic if you ask me

wut...?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

ahhh ok then we are on different pages. i fear God, but it's not a bad thing. it's more like i know he know's what he's talking about, and because that i listen.

to me it's like a mother telling a child not to touch the stove cause it's hot and the child listens. cause it knows it better listen to momma. thats the way i see it

I figured as much...

Let me ask you this... How do you listen? What makes you fear God?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

you have my faith misconstrued. i believe in morality in the greater good of things. i believe that the rules of the bible are sound and virtuous and it is because i know that it is best to be good and horrible to be evil that i choose to be good to the best of my abilities. it is why i give even when i barely have anything to give. it is why i choose to try to make the world a better place even if i can only make a small dent... i choose respect honor and valor before anything else, and to me from all my hard study and my research is what the bible teaches.

the bible teaches how to live honorably what proof do i need that this is the best way to live?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i know it is virtuous and better to help a man on his last leg. if someone is in need it is my honor and duty to be the person who feeds that need(as long as the need is in the best interest of said person). God taught me this. i have learned that it is better to be walked on then to be the one doing that is being selfish. God taught me this. i have learned that the i should turn the other cheek. God taught me this. i have learned that love is a choice. God taught me this.
it is better to live with honor. to fight for that honor. to die for that honor. than to live as a coward, this too God taught me.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

yea.... um i'm pretty sure the central message of today's bible is that Jesus came down to be martyred by his own people.

Jesus taught brotherly love my friend. he taught humbleness, faith in hard times, and caring for one another.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am not trying to make you look bad, friend. Why do I have to have the same opinion of you as I would your "god'??

I am sure you are a good person, and you seem intelligent. It is your misplaced sense of duty and honor that keeps your feet glued to the blind path of faith. That just shows that you have great integrity.

You should balance this with much research so that you will better know what deserves your integrity the most.

The point is, when YOU pray for good things in the world and those prayers are granted, it was not the "father" of Jesus that granted them. It was not Jehovah.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Oh good for you that you realized that your God is a narcissist, but you still hang on your beliefs?

You still believe that this narcissistic God of yours will save you? Do you even know what narcissism means?

If you honestly believe that this god of yours will save you I cannot help you.

Only you can take your path. To truly grow, you must stretch the boundaries, try to break out of the limitations of your normal self to find your higher self.

Everything that is most sacred gets defiled and trivialised in our contemporary culture.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

i know it is virtuous and better to help a man on his last leg. if someone is in need it is my honor and duty to be the person who feeds that need(as long as the need is in the best interest of said person). God taught me this. i have learned that it is better to be walked on then to be the one doing that is being selfish. God taught me this. i have learned that the i should turn the other cheek. God taught me this. i have learned that love is a choice. God taught me this.
it is better to live with honor. to fight for that honor. to die for that honor. than to live as a coward, this too God taught me.

God taught you this or you learned good morals when you were young?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick

Oh good for you that you realized that your God is a narcissist, but you still hang on your beliefs?

You still believe that this narcissistic God of yours will save you? Do you even know what narcissism means?

If you honestly believe that this god of yours will save you I cannot help you.

Only you can take your path. To truly grow, you must stretch the boundaries, try to break out of the limitations of your normal self to find your higher self.

Everything that is most sacred gets defiled and trivialised in our contemporary culture.

The image of God was transformed into the likeness of a Roman Emperor after Constantine took control of Christiananity. The Catholic church fueled this image because if served their own interests and expanded their wealth, power and control.

I assure you that god is not the God.

I have yet to meet a narcissist that gave his life to those who mocked Him. Who begged the Father to forgive them while he bled out from their torture. I've never met a narcissist whose first convert was a murdererous thief sharing in his execution.

Jesus declared that, "...if you have seen me you have seen the Father..."

Making God fit into one's image is a terrible and dreadfull thing. So many have been doing it for so long and so much destruction has come from it.

Jesus showed what God is. Everything and everyone that has come in God's name and yet does not mirror Jesus is a lie, and unfortunately 99.9% of everything that is labeled Christian, from that perspective, is a lie.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

sun-tzu my faith is in morality, in the triumph of good vs. evil. i prepare for the inevitable battle between the dark forces of this world. their there just underneath the surface my friend. it's that notion that one should be selfish. it is the idea that i am not my brother's keeper and that i should fend for myself and nobody else that i am against.

i am the bully's bully the defender of peace virtue and the only things in life worth fighting for. i am a man of love and respect.

i define myself with the virtues i hold dear to. i believe in being good for the sake of being good, because you know what if everyone did it then the world would be a hell of alot better. so it is my duty and honor to live as though that world were already here because if i don't then it will never come.

as for the other guy talking about god being a narcissist... he teaches you to serve your fellow man and to live with honor and morals.. that's not narcissistic in the least..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i read the bible and this is what it taught me... i was once a very nasty person a very hateful person. the bible taught me the peace and tranquility that comes from being a good person. so God taught me.

Edit to add:
like i've said before you be the judge. put the morals and standards the world clings to and put them side by side with the morals that God teaches and tell me which one is better.

in the larger scheme of things is it better to serve or be served?
is it better for you to succeed in life or for the world to succeed as a whole?
edit on 15-2-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Perhaps "god" did teach you to be a good peson, if indeed you are a good person. But consider.. Maybe that god of truth and light has another name??

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

God's first name in the bible, because he was basically an unnamed God, was the great IAM or he who is all that he is. God is everything, God is matter. who God is, is not the important matter it's what he stands for that matters. to have faith in Jesus does not mean to worship the man himself, but to trust(faith = trust) in the lifestyle he lead. how do we know he was who he said he was? cause he told you they will kill me, and they did. what is the true test of a good person? if they get dangerous enough they are gonna get killed, because the world does not want you knowing the right from the wrong.

to fear God is to not want to do that which is insulting to him. to have faith in Jesus one must walk in his shoes and be a virtuous person. the bible is simply the manual that shows you how. everything else is of little importance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join