It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erie resemblance between Alchemy symbols and the Rendlesham drawings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Thats pretty neat... but also quite arbitrary when it comes to this:

They aren't exact matches, but they can be overlayed/overlapped and combined to form symbols that look close to the same.

Combining members of one set of alchemical symbols to resemble other symbols is entirely arbitrary.

If I drew a bunch of random shapes on a piece of paper, and had you do the same - and then we shared them with each other... I am sure a combination of some of mine would be close to some of yours... you know what I mean?

That said - I do think that certain symbols can appear seemingly acausally separated by distance and time... a lot of symbols are self-evident archetypes of the universe and information - and so it is possible that triangles, for instance, can be known inherently.

I am still intrigued by the idea, so S & F and I hope you build your case more OP.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There's definitely something in this, even if it means the symbols reveal a hoax. Too closely matched to be co-incidence.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
There's definitely something in this, even if it means the symbols reveal a hoax. Too closely matched to be co-incidence.

Sorry but there's definitely nothing to this, the symbols only seem to match because the OP arranged them that way.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You might also want to add the resemblance to symbols from the Utsuro Bune of ancient Japan.

edit on 13-2-2011 by avat178 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted this. Check out the similarities between these incidents, as reference here:

bentwaters1980.blogspot.com...

Originally posted by avat178
You might also want to add the resemblance to symbols from the Utsuro Bune of ancient Japan.

Utsuro Bune Ancient Japanese UFO sighting

edit on 13-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
if i were to do a hoax some 60 years ago... i too would use Runes or other Esorteric
Symboles
like from "Alchemy" or even the Vonich Manuscripts...

...so that there would always be a mystical uncertainty attached to my endeavor,
making people think that the uncertain similarities between the UFO symbols and
ancient knowledge might just be the normal course of the evolution of that written language.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm postulating similarities here, so there is nothing to hoax.

Originally posted by St Udio

if i were to do a hoax some 60 years ago... i too would use Runes or other Esorteric
Symboles
like from "Alchemy" or even the Vonich Manuscripts...

...so that there would always be a mystical uncertainty attached to my endeavor,
making people think that the uncertain similarities between the UFO symbols and
ancient knowledge might just be the normal course of the evolution of that written language.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It didn't take me long to find alot of symbols that matched nearly perfectly using 1-2 symbols together. I did minimal edditing---infact I could have done a better job when you consider i blew up hand drawn symbols.

Originally posted by beebs

Thats pretty neat... but also quite arbitrary when it comes to this:

They aren't exact matches, but they can be overlayed/overlapped and combined to form symbols that look close to the same.

Combining members of one set of alchemical symbols to resemble other symbols is entirely arbitrary.

If I drew a bunch of random shapes on a piece of paper, and had you do the same - and then we shared them with each other... I am sure a combination of some of mine would be close to some of yours... you know what I mean?

That said - I do think that certain symbols can appear seemingly acausally separated by distance and time... a lot of symbols are self-evident archetypes of the universe and information - and so it is possible that triangles, for instance, can be known inherently.

I am still intrigued by the idea, so S & F and I hope you build your case more OP.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I assumed most knew of rendlesham which is IMO the biggest UFO case in history and rivals Roswell.

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Wow dude... your right.... how uncanny.

... Now if I can only figure out what the Rendlesham drawings are.... lol.

Really though, ... you should put up a small backstory for members who dont know. We arent all ufology experts like you sir.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here is a link to a GREAT thread that will give you the back story on rendlesham in case you have never heard of it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Not ancient Japan, but 1803.

The tale comes from a book called Hyouryuukishuu (Tales of the Castaways). It is a work of fiction, detailing the adventures of sailors who become lost in foreign lands.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Has this been covered already? I was still under the impression that the story referenced something that did happen....

Originally posted by WingedBull

The tale comes from a book called Hyouryuukishuu (Tales of the Castaways). It is a work of fiction, detailing the adventures of sailors who become lost in foreign lands.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just bumping this thread cause I enjoy the debate going on here. Don't know much about alchemy but I find this fascinating.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

That's right, as for it being the work of fiction I would like to point out that the story comes from several similar tales and not from any single original book which leads the investigator in the video to believe that the origins may have come from a real life event.
edit on 14-2-2011 by avat178 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Those are alchemy symbols of metals and elements, also astronomical bodies that resemble these elements, the Rendlesham drawings are from a UFO that is operated by race of beings from Sirius B, they are seeking rare metals that are not found abundantly in our galaxy which is mostly gold, they have no business with us. The symbol that resembles a pyramid with a circle is used to communicate between intelligent races among our own galazy, by the number and position of the circle it is determined which part of the galaxy u r from, so yea there is i totally believe a galactic alliance going on and we are not onboard, well not ready yet

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii
The symbol that resembles a pyramid with a circle is used to communicate between intelligent races among our own galazy, by the number and position of the circle it is determined which part of the galaxy u r from

Or it could be showing stages in the alchemical process. So if you have salt, sulphur and mercury, the dots could represent what parts of each to mix. The alchemists were famous for codifying their work, especially with the inquisition around, etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Awesome, didn't realise you'd added more pics! Nice one. Noticed that the Egyptian symbol for men seems to be almost the same as one of the symbols as well.

edit : found an upside down version of the 5th symbol -

www.alchemywebsite.com...
edit on 14-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

Plenty here too, been through them quickly but incase I missed something : www.alchemywebsite.com...
edit on 14-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hi! Wow great find. you are on to something here.
maybe check out mayan symbols? and runes?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

So you messed around with some alchemy symbols to match symbols from an alleged UFO encounter, why?
edit on 13-2-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

Because we are all interested. Go and read something you are interested in, instead of wasting our time. The fact you are so proud to be obnoxious shows what type of person you are.

S+F for the OP. Great thread. I hope we can get some sort of translation

edit on 14/2/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hmm

Kind of interesting theory. I think it would be of benefit to try and get as many iconic or glyph like symbols from around the world to be used as a template (or as a reference) when something pops up (like a crop circle for example). It might be found that after comparing these symbols with those in a reference library that similarities exist, which might be the first steps to deciphering.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join