It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Montauk Monster' Washes Ashore On Long Island

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Now that I've had a closer look at the head; my bet is it's not any particular species known to mankind except that of which was created in a lab through experimentation.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I agree! It's a bit of a coincidence that it's not the first of this type of creature to wash up on shore. Especially considering the whole conspiracy of experimenation on Plum Island. Who knows what kind of creatures they have there?

See the image of the fly here, give a size approximation to the original Montauk Monster...

This is the 2nd Montauk Monster that washed up...

For me, it's TOO much of a coincidence!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
First, saying that it can't be canine because it has an extra toe isn't really proof. There is a mutation called polydactylism where animals develop an extra toe Some info and a few images

Second... This is reaching but I just recently heard how scientists are still trying to "grow" dinosaurs. Instead of trying to do it through cloning, they are trying to reverse evolution in animals. The article I read used a chicken as an example. Basically, they take a chicken and find the genetic marker that made them stop growing a tail. They then flip the switch to make the chicken start growing a tail again. They de-evolve an animal into its ancestors.

That being said, what this creature made me think of is a goat or some other hoofed animal that this was done on. Like they de-evoled the hooves into toes. Just my two off-the-wall cents.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

That's a really really interesting thought! I'd not heard about that devolution theory! Do you have a link to the article where you read it?!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Orla

It's from 2009 so it might be a little dated. I haven't taken the time to research it further yet. I stumbled on it while looking for something completely different the other day. Here's the link.

Jack Horner's Plan to Bring Dinosaurs Back to Life

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

Definitely could be something like this going on, on Plum Island. As much as I am against animal testing and experimentation, I do also LOVE dinosaurs LOL!

It's a very interesting thing alright.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I honestly just think most of these washed-ashore cases are simply examples of known animals in an advanced state of decay that laypeople cannot identify with any reasonable amount of accuracy. I think if some of our beloved pets were dead decaying along the shore, or in the sea, for a long time (days at least I think) you'd have a hard time recognizing Max, Sparky, whatever... I grew up near the coast in NJ and beaches are very active, diverse ecosystems that include crabs and other crustaceans, fish, birds and all manner of wildlife that will eat just about anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The only thing I can see for certain is that this animal doesn't appear to be any type of creature from the sea. It looks very k9.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
At first glance didnt think dog,

I thought sheep or lama ! Polar bear, maybe, we don't see many of them in australia (ha) so I wouldn't be able to recognise it myself. Did any test get done?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by moonpie86

I don't think that it looks like a dog either.... I don't think it looks like a polar bear though!

TO ME! It looks like the bottom half of a pig.... with the face or a humungous bird or something......

I haven't heard that any tests have been done, but I did hear that some animal expert says it's a racoon.... But, I don't see a racoon in those pics above!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I had never heard of these Plum Island, but now after some researched and wow very interesting coincidences here.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ancient Aliens new season covering this, tonight. The original in 2008, tho.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join