It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: British Nationalists Show True Colours

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
An undercover report by a BBC journalist - due to be seen tonight in the UK - has revealed the rascism and extreme violence which lurk at the heart of the British National Party.

news.bbc.co.uk
British National Party activists have confessed to racially motivated crimes including an assault on an Asian in a BBC undercover documentary.

The Secret Agent shows the party's leader Nick Griffin condemning Islam as a "vicious wicked faith".

BNP member Steve Barkham told reporter Jason Gwynne how he kicked and punched a man during the 2001 Bradford riots.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This report is a timely reminder of what the BNP really is, behind their flimsy facade of political credibility. Griffin's fearful and disgusting call to arms - not to mention his simplistic and wildly innacurate categorisation of Islam as "wicked" - reminds us all that, should we be lax in our democratic duties, the barbarians really are at the gates.

It's worth remembering, too, the close and well-documented links between the BNP and their Nationalist-Lite associates within the UK Independance Party.

While some would no doubt argue that these people should be ignored by the media, I believe that the only way to end forever the prejuidice and lies of the BNP and their ilk is to expose them for what they are. If people understand the issues, if they are shown what lies behind the media-friendly face of prejuidice, if they understand that a vote for the BNP or the UKIP is a vote for rascism and bigotry, then we will see the disease of right-wing politics disappear forever.

Deny ignorance - deny these people power.

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
news.independent.co.uk
www.blink.org.uk

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I've been listening to this on the BBC tonight and frankly it disgusts me. The BNP should be disbanded, or at least thoroughly investigated, if it wants to be accorded the benefits of partyship. I hope to see some arrests after this.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Criminal activity, especially of a violent nature is inappropriate and unacceptable. However, a British party that put the concerns of Britons first is necessary.

Massive third world immigration is not helping the UK, nor France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Portugal, or Canada and the USA for that matter. Multiculturalism has caused immigrants not to assimiliate, and has been a terrible failure in the West, and subsequent generations will bear the brunt of these failed policies.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Nick Griffin will probably do time after being video'd inciting racial hatred. Serves him right.

As for a British party putting Britons first, that generally IS what British political parties do. It's just that the kind of people who vote for the BNP aren't bright enough to understand how the world really works. Losers trying to blame someone else for them being losers.

The party shouldn't be disbanded or ignored. People are free to hang their hat on any cause they want, just so long as they obey the law. Arrest the criminals I say, but politically these guys are as harmless as they are misguided.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Parties need votes and after tonights program the BNP will be seen in the same light as the nazi party.

Bye Bye BNP

Originally by Muppet
As for a British party putting Britons first, that generally IS what British political parties do.

very funny muppet.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   

As for a British party putting Britons first, that generally IS what British political parties do. It's just that the kind of people who vote for the BNP aren't bright enough to understand how the world really works. Losers trying to blame someone else for them being losers.

BNP support increased in Oldham and Bradford and other English cities following the wave of race riots a few years ago. I hardly think it's simply a matter of racist white people blaming minorities for all their problems. I also noticed the same sort of hostilites do not necessarily extend to Indians in England, at least not to the extent of Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback
BNP support increased in Oldham and Bradford and other English cities following the wave of race riots a few years ago. I hardly think it's simply a matter of racist white people blaming minorities for all their problems. I also noticed the same sort of hostilites do not necessarily extend to Indians in England, at least not to the extent of Pakistanis and Bangladeshis.

Bradford, (and Burnley) have always had more than their fair share of racism. They suffered more than most as northern heavy industry declined over the 20th century. Some people blame the poverty and unemployment this caused on immigrants. If they can't get a job, they think an immigrant "stole" it from them. It's rubbish, but they believe it, and it's easier than getting of their arses to retrain, or move to a town where you CAN get a job. It is not someone else's responsibility to bring a job to them.

The towns with the race riots are also the ones with the most insular WHITE populations. This produces self feeding and self perpetuating attitudes in these communities. In fact the most racist areas of these towns are almost exclusively white.

There is a problem of integration but it's the white racists who are refusing to integrate( with the 21st century), not the immigrants.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
btw your average racist can't even tell the difference between an Indian, a Pakistani and a Bangladeshi. Trust me, I live amongst these people.

TPL

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
To be fair the undercover reporter did say there were those in the BNP who did try to things democratically and legally. These criminals do need to be punished however. As do those in the Islamic community who say similiar things.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Bradford, (and Burnley) have always had more than their fair share of racism. They suffered more than most as northern heavy industry declined over the 20th century. Some people blame the poverty and unemployment this caused on immigrants. If they can't get a job, they think an immigrant "stole" it from them. It's rubbish, but they believe it, and it's easier than getting of their arses to retrain, or move to a town where you CAN get a job. It is not someone else's responsibility to bring a job to them.

When it comes to the job market, I don't know how it is in the UK, but immigrant population here in the States, a great deal from the southern wasteland of Mexico, especially the illegals, accept salaries well below any possible living wage for American workers. In this sense they are taking jobs away from Americans. The idea that they only do jobs Americans don't want, and that they provide a net gain to the economy have been debunked endlessly. But if you tell a lie long enough, there's always an audience willing to believe it.

The towns with the race riots are also the ones with the most insular WHITE populations. This produces self feeding and self perpetuating attitudes in these communities. In fact the most racist areas of these towns are almost exclusively white.

Unless they're killing minorties in these areas, I can't see a native Anglo-Saxon being any more racist than moslems who have set up off limit areas for white in their ghettoes.

There is a problem of integration but it's the white racists who are refusing to integrate( with the 21st century), not the immigrants.

How are the English refusing to integrate? It's their freakin' country. Is the mantra of the 21st century that only non-whites are allowed homelands? Is that being progressive?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

... but immigrant population here in the States ...

that will be all of you then, except the American Natives

The differences are superficial, we are all human beings and that reality makes us all brothers and sisters.

Now lets make the world a better place for all of us

(I know I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one)

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

When it comes to the job market, I don't know how it is in the UK, but immigrant population here in the States, a great deal from the southern wasteland of Mexico, especially the illegals, accept salaries well below any possible living wage for American workers. In this sense they are taking jobs away from Americans. The idea that they only do jobs Americans don't want, and that they provide a net gain to the economy have been debunked endlessly. But if you tell a lie long enough, there's always an audience willing to believe it.

To be fair it sounds like the situation is quite different in the UK. I've lived in deprived northern mill towns, with high asian populations most of my life, and jobs aren't going to the immigrants who will accept lower wages. (although there are a few unscrupulous "gang masters" who illegally use immigrants for seasonal agricultural work for example).

As far as general unemployment goes though, in the UK it's about as low as it can get, without seriously hampering employers ability to find skilled workers. People are more mobile in the UK as well, although some don't see this. I've met people from a town just 5 miles away who describe themselves as "not from round these parts", and baulk at the idea of moving 10 miles, let alone to another part of the country, to find employment.

Unless they're killing minorties in these areas, I can't see a native Anglo-Saxon being any more racist than moslems who have set up off limit areas for white in their ghettoes.

I see what you mean, and yes there are of course racist people from every ethnic group, but I've never felt any area's of the UK to be "off limits" for white people. There is a certain amount of reactionary violence and hostility from some ethnic groups, but again this is generally only in the towns that have strong BNP support. Again the UK and the US may be different in this respect.

How are the English refusing to integrate? It's their freakin' country. Is the mantra of the 21st century that only non-whites are allowed homelands? Is that being progressive?

It might be their country, but it is also the country of the rest of us white, english people who DO recognise the benefits, both home and abroad, of welcoming immigrants. And WE are the vast majority.

If a white racist wants to take MY homeland and turn it into an insular, backward looking nation with about as much international influence as Switzerland, they'll have to wup MY white ass first!

[edit on 15-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
And there was me thinking the BNP had finally turned over a new leaf and become a truly democratic, inclusive party for the people of 21st century Britain.

Yes I'm being sarcastic, the BNP had their headquarters in my hometown for years (the part of SE London I came from seemed to be a real haven for neo-nazis) they brought nothing but grief, stirred up all kinds of tension for a couple of years and then dissapeared (thank God).

Any extremist, wether white, black, muslim is an enemy of democracy.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Race bashing only this time it's against the Whites. England made a mistake and that was allowing the Muslims to take hold of there culture. You most understand that Muslims in general don't want to become part of another culture.
It was not to long ago when the Muslim community in England was calling for a holy war to take place in Europe and that also included England. Where was the outcry from the White poulation?
Could this outcry be starting, I for one hope so. The Muslims unite under the banner of there religion and seem to get away with this discuse. The Whites are doing it in a more direct fashion and for this they are condemmend.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

I agree about the loser part. It's amazing how people want to blame others for their failings. It's really sad when they can't think of a better reason than skin color or religion. I love how people in the US or the UK think that only the white citizens are the 'real' citizens. If the UK or US was run by blacks, would the constitution change? Would the flag fly any differently? These countries are founded on ideals, not the color of the skin. It doesn't matter who are promotong these ideals, whites don't make better citizens than anyone else. These people really need to grow up and devote thier energy to some real world problems.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
Race bashing only this time it's against the Whites.

No, just racist whites, which means it's ideological and moral bashing, not racist.

England made a mistake and that was allowing the Muslims to take hold of there culture. You most understand that Muslims in general don't want to become part of another culture.

They moved here in the first place didn't they? I'm sure they didn't come purely for the weather!!
And as for taking over our culture? You can't be serious. What have they taken away from you? What British culture or institution do they control? What rights are you denied?

It was not to long ago when the Muslim community in England was calling for a holy war to take place in Europe and that also included England. Where was the outcry from the White poulation?

Don't know which muslim community your talking about there. Maybe some extremists, but not the muslims as a whole. In fact quite the reverse. I find muslims I meet these days are making more of an effort to be outwardly friendly to whites, and vice versa. The racist minority are probably not smart enough to see this though.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
... but immigrant population here in the States

that will be all of you then, except the American Natives

American Indians came from Asia. Anthropologists have found skeletons in the Western Hemisphere of people who were not Amerindians which predate those of any red tribal members: Kennewick man, Spirit Cave Man, Lucia in South America.

The differences are superficial, we are all human beings and that reality makes us all brothers and sisters.

Now lets make the world a better place for all of us

(I know I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one)

Every form of life on earth is related. That doesn't create any sort or camaraderie between all life forms. The human species is tribal. Our cultures are a manifestation of this fact. To form one collective people, a world commune requires the suppression of the basic human nature of association, usually at the coercion of a bayonet.

All peoples, whether in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Austrailia, should be allowed self-determination...to a certain point. Recognizing basic human rights must be a prerequisite. Violent despots have no right to rule, just the ability to do so. Their remaining in power is only contingent on the pragmatic concerns for would-be interveners (whether or not it's in one's interests to invade and remove a dictator from power).

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I agree about the loser part. It's amazing how people want to blame others for their failings. It's really sad when they can't think of a better reason than skin color or religion. I love how people in the US or the UK think that only the white citizens are the 'real' citizens. If the UK or US was run by blacks, would the constitution change? Would the flag fly any differently? These countries are founded on ideals, not the color of the skin. It doesn't matter who are promotong these ideals, whites don't make better citizens than anyone else. These people really need to grow up and devote thier energy to some real world problems.

I'm not sure about race, but how can you claim religion, a voluntary association, is not a valid concern in how a nation is run? We only have 6000 years of proof of it's effect on civilization, especially in its extreme form.
www.nytimes.com... /international/europe/26EURO.html?ex=1090036800&en=656232760105e142&ei=5070&hp

The European nations have overwhelmingly been founded on the idea of ethnos, the people-the nation. Angle Land, Land of the Franks, Deutsch(people)land, Pole land, etc. Ethnic identity and nationality were virtually synonymous.

Please spare the people who can actually think the WWP's talking points memo.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
being from oldham im just waiting for it all to kick off again ohhhh the joy in that just after everything seems to settle down but one thng im glad at is it shows what the bnp is all about and i hope people stop voteing for them now

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

[
The European nations have overwhelmingly been founded on the idea of ethnos, the people-the nation. Angle Land, Land of the Franks, Deutsch(people)land, Pole land, etc. Ethnic identity and nationality were virtually synonymous.

European, like all nations, were founded on things that we later found out were wrong. We aren't ruled by kings or sacrifice chickens on a full moon anymore. Nations grow up. Sometimes it takes some people a little longer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join