It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Earth's Wandering Magnetic Poles Cause Deadly Superstorms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Will the Earth

www.foxnews.com

Will the wandering magnetic North Pole create crazy superstorms?

The eye-popping connection between the planet's weather and its magnetic field has caught hold among scaremongers recently, ever since scientists described the potential of devastating "superstorms" -- storms caused, scientists say, by flowing gushers of water in the sky known as atmospheric rivers. Some worriers say that these tubocharged tsunamis will soon be widespread, thanks to the increased movement of the Earth's magnetic f
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
It
edit on 12-2-2011 by ProfATS because: Title was incomplete

edit on 12-2-2011 by ProfATS because: It said Will the earth twice

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Maybe I have not been keeping up enough with the news but I do not remember this being talking about in the msm. Kind of makes you wonder whether the magnetic pole is really wandering or whether they plan on manipulating the weather to create superstorms to control the population. It uses evidence collected back in the 80's to make it sound like this is old news, but I think everyone on here will agree that the weather and the magnetic field are both acting weird. Are we being conditioned for the truth to come out?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here are a few links to the new articles from mid January about California being at risk for superstorms. Are the pole shifts responsible or related, I don't know.

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

It does seem to be the result of scientist doing some weather modeling scenarios, truely I think its still all just hypothetical.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I know that something is wrong with the magnetic field and I think perhaps it has a lot to do with the mass animal deaths. As for the weather - this winter has been fierce and bad in many areas around the world. I have been wondering what kind of storms Spring will bring. Something is definitely changing the weather patterns at the same time we are seeing geomagnetic differences. Some scientist believe its the magnetic poles effecting the weather, others do not think so.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

IMO I think the msm picked up on this subject due to the article about a super storm that "possibly" could hit California. The news media's watch the internet to see what everyone is talking about. And I'm sure that after the article went out they got alot of questions themselves

I don't know how to embed, so I can't set you up with the original ATS thread. I think crazydaisy might be able to. If she would be so kind. It's titled "Superstorm to hit California.

Anyway in reading the original article that you posted it even states "Interest by fearmongers" The news is driven by the sensation of whats being talked about on the web. Good or bad. It just depends on how reliable it is. And since the original article was written by scientists. (How reliable there info is, I question) will determine how much time and effort the msm will put into it.

I guess it boils down to if its a slow news day and they have extra time on there hands. And airtime to fill. :And take into consideration the news media where the story came from.D

edit on 12-2-2011 by crappiekat because: to add comment

edit on 12-2-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Already posted here I'm afraid. Expect closure.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join