It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This guy is making me laugh..

He's spouting all the same old nonsense we hear in our own countries as if it is so much more important..
Talks about the young being to blame yet it is all of Egypts citizens that are against him.. not just the young.

Don't worry, be happy, have a cigar watch a movie, get a good job earn a wage and support this country in its control of you..

link   
This guy doesn't have a clue...I was particularly surprised when he presumed to be the father of Egypt's citizens...not good...

link   
The crowd is waking up. Do they realize what he is saying and they are about to riot or has it not sunk in yet I wonder?

As I read it he blamed everyone but himself.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
All I hear is some pathetic, failed leader's attempt to stay in power and regain the support of his people who hate him.

And in background people that are fed up with this BS screaming.

link   
Now is really the time, even if you have no religion, at least keep those poor people in your hearts. I don't think this going to end well.

link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Mr Tranny

If a population openly supports a movement that threatens another country, then that other country has a right to attack that population in self defense. It is as simple as that.

Ohh C,mon!!
The US and Israel "openly threaten" a different country every week....

What I mean by “threaten a country and it’s population” is that they want to wipe them and their entire population off the map. Holocaust style.

The little petty things that we do, like change governments and prop up dictators is not even in the same class.

When US the US army enters a country saying they want to wipe the scurge of the worthless (fill in the blank) people off the map to the very last man, woman, and child, then we can start making realistic comparisons. Until then, everything we have done, pails in comparison to what they preach and chant from the streets every day.

link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

maybe other countries are telling him enough is enough and that he will not listen to them .. this could b happening now, it does not mean foreign intervention at an earlier date ..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Now is really the time, even if you have no religion, at least keep those poor people in your hearts. I don't think this going to end well.

Do you think the military will fire on its own people?? I cant see it....

link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I'm watching it on CNN. And they have a split-screen of the speech and the crowds. The more he talks, the more screaming is heard from the crowd, and many are waving things over their heads. Doesn't look good at all.

They are shouting "Get out"

edit on 2/10/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

link   
I can't even imagine being in Tahrir Square, thinking it was going to be everything you ever wanted and hoped for - for a generation - only to hear the same old thing.

What is he saying about his son?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
RUN DOWN OF ---Mubarak speech highlights

Mubarak:: i address you with a speech from th heart, i take pride in you [young people]

Mubarak: will hold to account those responsible for committing crimes against out youth

Mubarak: I am totally determined to fulgill all the promises with no return backwards

Mubarak says people who committed crimes will put in trial, those who died did not died in vain in unrest.

Mubarak: Will not accept orders from outside.

Mubarak says he will not run for re-election

Mubarak says he's staying until powers passed to new president

Mubarak: Will work for a peaceful transition of power; says he wants honesty and transparency

Mubarak just said hes staying on until transition of power ..in September next..

Mubarak says Egypt will need a broad-based government protected by the army, framework for transfer of power

Mubarak calling for a roadmap and a timetable for transfer or power, says Egypt is heading day after day to a peaceful transfer.

Mubarak says six articles of the constitution to be altered

Mubarak asked constitutional panel to amend articles 76, 77, 88, 93, 189 and cancel 179

Mubarak: Priority is to restore confidence among Egyptians

Mubarak: Priority must be regaining trust in our economy , says it has 'suffered day by day'

Mubarak: proposed amendents would make it easier for presidential candidates to declare

President Mubarak says to delegate powers to V-P Omar Suleiman, according to constitution

Mubarak: I have lived for this nation.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I had heard that this speech is pre-recorded. Does anyone know his present location? I seriously doubt, for his safety, he continued to remain in Egypt for fear of another Mussolini scenario.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They are waving their shoes. Get ready to see a bloody mess.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Shoe waving...a sign of great disrespect. Mubarak really pissed them off...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"I will not separate from this soil until I'm buried under it."

Is he asking for people to lynch him?

link   
Miletery will make a statement shortly!! THIS IS GOING TO BE WORRYING

link   
Well there goes "stabilized" gas prices...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

Do you think the military will fire on its own people?? I cant see it....

At this point, who really knows? But you know the outcome can't be good.

link   
So Mubarak still doesnt want to leave?

link   
reply to post by archasama

That's putting it out there.

I can't imagine what the military statement might say but I would guess it would be some sort of advisory and or martial law continuation.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join