It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headless monk forces ride to be moved at Thorpe Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

BOSSES at a British theme park have been forced to move a new ride after workers reported seeing what appeared to be a headless monk, Sky News reports. Staff building the ride at Thorpe Park, near London, encountered several strange phenomena, including the ghost and reports of objects being moved. A paranormal detection agency called in by park bosses to carry out tests found that an ancient burial ground or settlement could have been disturbed.

Source

Well this seems really freaky i work in security and on some sites like this where you think you see some thing or you just think you had to much redbull i think i might start taking my cam and take some snaps when i go on to a big site or on a remote base.
edit on 7-2-2011 by xmetalgear because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Interesting, but I love how in the article they mention Ouija tests??? That sounds like a real professional team there
Still the reports from the witnesses are interesting. You mentioned you work security ever have anything odd happen at a site?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Interesting, but I love how in the article they mention Ouija tests??? That sounds like a real professional team there
Still the reports from the witnesses are interesting. You mentioned you work security ever have anything odd happen at a site?

i use to work on a army storage site largest one in the southern hemisphere right in the bush use to have a ancient aboriginal burial site there i use freak out lights would go out on some of the sheds when driving around and in one area you would get chills up ur spin it has made x police that went out there to work to leave some people refuse to go up there on patrol i would go up some times jump out but mainly stay in the truck i would here weird sounds sounds i have never herd before and i have done a lot of camping in the bush thinking about the place give me the chills

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sounds like a bullshi*e story concocted for some free PR for a failing park, or it could just be me
If they had started building a ride then at least £50 to £100k would have been spent on planning and groundworks, I doubt they would go "Ohh the workmen have seen a ghost move the ride over there"

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I swear it's being built next to X No Way Out, which is right in the middle of the park.... How can they be soo scared that they have to move it?

I can smell a haunted house appearing on this site now, just in time for October!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I have to agree with you there on that one , it's strange that when building a ride like that and with that weight there would have to be ground checks for subsidence which involves technical equipment like deep ground radars which would have found any signs of a former burial site straight away, and they mention that they have photographic evidence of orbs and ghostly images, i would love to see them, Paranromal investigation teams have been trying to gather credible evidence for years and all of a sudden they have such convincing evidence to up root a ride and relocate it, and to finish it off they mention that ouija board tests proved very strong on the site where the ride is to be built , oh come on !!.

There was something similar in 2009 as again Thorpe park bosses reported the Saw ride being haunted after 6 members of staff were suspended after conducting a ouija board session again there was no credible evidence gathered , it does seem like the best way of advertising is free publicity.

top topics

join