It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jehovahs Witnesses are on to something!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iamgodtron

LOLOLOLOLOL!

I saw the title, and I knew I had to respond. Nothing against Jehovah Witnesses, their religion works pretty well, but as far as predictions, they have the worst track record in history! During research for a book I am writing, I found dozens and dozens of failed predictions from their little booklets, and even from some very big preparations they did as a whole. They are the chicken little of all religions when it comes to making dire predictions that don't come true.

Like I said, it isn't such a bad religion, but in the prediction game, they take the cake!

One of many sites to recount their failed predictions.

Another source with more obscure predictions
edit on 7-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
WHO HERE IS GONNA MAN UP AND RESPECT THE WOKS JEHOVAHS WITNESSES DO.....THEY PREACH...MATTHEW 28:19,20 GIVE THIS COMMAND.....AND MATT 24;14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. WHO THE HELL ELSE IS DOPING THIS LIKE THEY ARE? AND WHO IS GOING TO HAVE THE BALLS ENOUGH TO ADMIT THEY ARE ON TO SOMETHING, EVEN ATLEAST THROUGH THERE WORKS........A JW WILL NEVER STEAL FROM YOU OR HURT YOU OR BE SCANDALOUS TOWARDS YOU....AND YET SO MANY OF YOU ARE SO PREPARED TO HATE THEM.....BIGGOTS,RACISTS AND YOU DO NOT DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

dONT THINK O.....DO YOUR HOME WORK.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

WOW! Upset much?

Your the one who started the thread, and even in the thread you seemed to know that this might happen. If you are going to endorse them, they have to take the good with the bad.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You expected some differing opinions so settle down on the caps and accusations.

I'll admit that their religion does good works, and it provides a solid family value that seems to be effective and successful. It isn't the religion that is all bad, it is just their track record of predictions and their "watchtower" magazine that is all fire and brimstone with very little substance.

In the grand scheme of things, I like JW and Mormons for their family values and success at raising decent human beings, but I surely do not believe their myths and predictions.

Edit to add:
And I did do my homework. 100s and 100s of pages of it, starting with Sumerians and moving forward to modern day. I have never seen any one organization with as many wrong predictions as this group. I give them Kudos for sticking to the game though!
They have a regularly scheduled doomsday prediction every couple of years.
edit on 7-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

My ex-wife is a JW and trust me when I say they are little more than fear mongers that rule their congregations with an iron fist and they know very little beyond what is taught to them in their Kingdom Halls. Why is she my ex-wife I hear you ask? She was in a horrific car accident and needed a blood transfusion and as her next of kin I okayed it...much to the dismay of the church Elders who had come to the hospital to convince me to let her die. Now if that isn't the behaviour of a brainwashed cult, I really don't know what is.

That said, when it comes to getting plastered on a Friday night or getting f*cked outta your head on some illegal substance on a Saturday night, the JW's I know are pros...even though they're not allowed to do such things.

Go figure...

Rev

edit on 7/2/2011 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have gotten so much laughter at the people who have posted here on this post.......So ignorant...and they know best. Jehovahs will is to preach the good news of the kingdom, inwhich will undermind the NWO. Jehovah is the the conquerer of the NWO and nothing else. You wont do it, nor will your revolting organizations. Also its kind of cute that people quote track records of the JW's and they provide no proof...I certainly expect apostates to make stuff up though. So hey? Apostates, how does it feel to be destined to death forever, go ahead and keep denying it in your mind but here i am putting it back into your face!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They belive this , they belive that...So what? I can belive Santa is real and is running the country , that doesn't mean it's true.

Do they have any actual proof this is happening or that dinosaurs don't exist?I'm talking real hard evidence? No? Then I'm not going to belive it justbecause they want metoo.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamgodtron
reply to post by willie9696

His knowlege was progressive and the retraction of it was givin respectfully...There are many Instances in the bible when Gods chosen people have made mistakes. Human imperfection is always a variable.
That's true but the test of a true prophet is if what he/she says comes to pass. Sorry I think he missed that one big time, therefore anything he said has to be subject to scrutiny.
edit on 7-2-2011 by willie9696 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ok....I hear you all and respect your opinions. I love God and i want the truth out of the Bible.
From hence fourth I will provide evidence that the cross is false and of pagan origin.
The trinity is false
Gods name is Jehovah
I will disprove all of what you can issue forth as respects to doctorine.
Gotta go now though I have a sick bow...ill let this mature...

Peace and respect to you all.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
it's worse, the jw have their own bible to make things work....like Jesus is a mighty God, but not almighty....there fore they configure scripture to point out that he is really Michael....a grand angel.... i have more.....no oral sex or animal like sex, no birthdays, that's crazy to keeptrack of your birthday....yesssirrr
...more at the drop of a hat
edit on 7-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'll throw this last tid-bit and then I'm out....

When I personally witnessed the Circuit Overseer's daughter getting busy in the backseat of the family car in the Kingdom Hall parking lot with no outward consequences to either party despite being caught red handed (and the smoking and the drinking) yet my folks get pulled to the side and warned I'd be dis-fellowshiped because I questioned authority and why there were no reprimands for their children, well, that's I knew for me personally it was all about the control from above. Freewill my behind....
edit on 2/7/11 by surfinguru because: clarifying content

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Do you secretly work for the Watchtower Society and that's why you're getting so pissed at anyone who has a nay answer? First off, where in the bible does it say: When you were a JW and leave, that makes you an APOSTATE? Please provide proof. Let's see how well Witnesses or you a witness supporter know your bible. Second JW's were a part of the U.N. for 10 years. Need proof, look it up yourself, and don't wait for it to pop up on Jehovah'sWitnesses.org because they're not going to tell you. You call everyone else ignorant but YOU are the only one who doesn't seem to get the facts. Since witnesses loooove to quote bible scriptures Here's a few I can quote for you.

1. People keep bringing up witness track record. Do witnesses not do that when they are talking about other churches in their watchtower publications? Perhaps this is why people keep bringing up JW's track record. Deut.18:21,22 " If the prophet speaks in the LORD's name and but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the lord did not give that message. THAT PROPHET HAS SPOKEN WITHOUT MY AUTHORITY AND NEED NOT BE FEARED." That in itself should smash your whole JW's are prophets nonsense.
2. Witnesses pick and choose what they are going to follow in the bible. Witnesses love MT. 24:14 (which you brought up earlier). But, there are some clear preaching instructions in the book of Luke 10:5-7 in fact. I'll only write verse 7 though..."Don't move around from home to home. Stay in one place, eating and drinking what they provide. Don't hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve their pay." (BTW it's going to be reworded in the New world translation because they don't want you to know actual scripture, only what the watchtower ad-libs for you.)

Perhaps you should go look that stuff up before you go calling people ignorant or apostate for having a different opinion than yours or the Watchtower Society.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
it's worse, the jw have their own bible to make things work....like Jesus is a mighty God, but not almighty....there fore they configure scripture to point out that he is really Michael....a grand angel.... i have more.....no oral sex or animal like sex, no birthdays, that's crazy to keeptrack of your birthday....yesssirrr
...more at the drop of a hat
edit on 7-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

Who wrote it? I mean that's pretty weird but it's not as weird as the whole mromon bible. Seriously Natvies americans from israel?Eden in missouri?Magical Underwear?

Seriously mormons are out there.They baptize the dead.

Oh and do you know where all this info came from? Magical golden plates in the ground which were put therebyjesus...These plates were found in north america by the way.....Because as everyone knows...Jesus lived in north america.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Er, no, they're not. They are deluded just like all religions/cults.

The JW's are pretty harmless though, compared to other religions. They're also pretty good comic value with their shonky predictions and the changing of their doomsday dates.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

If only 144,000 people are going to be saved, then every time they save someone, one of them is going to be unsaved. Does that make sense?

The 144,000 are the ones who are brought to Heaven to stand beside the Savior on his return to Earth. These are all men, and they are all virgins.

This has nothing to do with only 144,000 will be saved, they will be taken so that they can help save us all.

No I am not a JW, but I know this part of the story. JC will confront AC with an army of 144,000 and the Mahdi will only have 313 at his side which are thought to be Kings or Tribal leaders. It is said the Mahdi will fight by the side of JC as they battle the AC together, but I am not too sure this is true because Evil resides in most that would side with the Mahdi (my opinion). Personally I feel the Mahdi will stand beside the AC and the Kings are going to be present for the slaying of the two Witnesses. Then they too will resurrect before the King and his Kings.

However, before all that happens first the Whore of Babylon will fall.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've been a lurker here for a while and whilst I've seen some pretty stupid comments and theories I never really decided to join. But, after browsing this thread I've decided to! It's mostly due to the complete lack of knowledge and misinformation in this thread so I thought I'd clear some things up - or at the very least try to.

I'll start off by saying that I am one of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

We don't think the UN will spearhead the 'NWO'. What we do believe is what is recorded in the book of Revelation. We believe that the United Nations is the image of the wild beast as described in Revelation, and that beast will put an end to Religion (False Religion). It will completley devestate the Harlot (False Religion) eating up her fleshy parts. Why? Because God puts that one thought into their hearts - again as descibed in Revelation. Why? This has to do with the King of the North and the King of the South. The pushing of those kings and the 'disturbing reports' that come 'out of the sunrising' that enrage the King of the North, which, in turn eventually leads to the ushering of God's Kingdom on Earth.

As far as 'False prophecies' go, we don't claim to be prophets and sure, there have been a few instances where some didn't completley understand what the scriptures were saying or indicating but that has no relevance to what we actually teach. There are plentiful explanations and refutations on the 'false prophecies', but I neither have the time or the patience right now. Perhaps sometime in the future, but what I will say is go read up, read the Watchtower site, read the Proclaimers book. It's all threre, nothing is hidden.

And in regards to some members calling us a cult. I'm not even going to go there, idiocy and naivety at its finest.

Originally posted by RRokkyy

If only 144,000 people are going to be saved, then every time they save someone, one of them is going to be unsaved. Does that make sense?

That's the annointed class, the ones that will rule as joint heirs in God's Kingdom with Jesus Christ as King. Those who are not annointed make up the Great Crowd, or other sheep.

Originally posted by willie9696
Charles Taze Russel who was one of the founding members of the Jehovah's witnesses also predicted the world,as we know it, would end in October of 1914, that it would be the end of the time of the gentiles and that God would set up His kingdom on earth. They also believe that only their governing body can interpret and apply scripture. Just throwing out a few facts.

C.T. Russell knew something of Great significance was going to take place in 1914.

www.watchtower.org...

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
You are completely aware that the JW's were part of the U.N for 10 years.... Right?!

Or is that what you would call JW espionage?

Peace, NRE.

C'mon now. We're registered as an NGO.

www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Newbie here. I thought this thread was very interesting. The NWO is written about in the Bible. It speaks of a one world currency (which will soon be taking place) and taking the mark of the beast either on hand or forehead and you will not be able to sell or buy without it. Which the chips are being produced in mass production in Miami Florida. I also just read on here that gulitines are being produced in China to be bropught over here to the states for the American Holocoust, which coinsedes with scripture (It is in the books of Daneil, Ezeckiel and Revolation) so maybe JW are not correct on everything, which I do not think any one religion has ALL of the answers, but maybe they are not too far off... just a thought

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
edit on 8/2/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This is not off topic but a direct reply to your thread.

Jehovah Witnesses are taught the doctrine to not follow false prophets and that if any group makes a false claim they have to stop following. Watchtowers 1975 & 2000 proclaim to be year(s) of Rapture. Therefore, by being wrong not once but twice, Jehovah Witnesses shouldn't even exist anymore.

Just my 2 cents and the fact that I've attended sessions at a Kingdom Hall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join