It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid- the ultimate field trip.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here is a little information that may help folks near the New Madrid seismic zone relax for a while. Unlike numerous theories, predictions and simulations this is a real event and indicates there is no evidence of immediate danger in the area.
Link-www.seismosoc.org...
It seems the Seismological Society of America has scheduled it's annual meeting for April 13-15th in Memphis Tennessee. Among the planned activities is a field trip along the New Madrid seismic zone. IMO if there was a risk these folks would know it and would want to be as far away from Memphis as possible.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
what if there visiting after the earthquake already happened to just look at all the damage o_O im just throwing the idea out there

edit on 3-2-2011 by darkpassenger23 because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
that or desire to hold witness to the activity and experience it

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this info, I'm a Memphis area resident and I'll just say it's refreshing to have someone post a thread about my life expectancy stretching out for more than just a few days, lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
OK, let's say nothing is going on with New Madrid then what would be the reason birds are migrating north away from there? then again so are sharks in FL, I am not saying that what is happening with the massive die offs and migrations of animals has anything to do with the New Madrid but there has to be a reason for all this animal activity going on, I cant help to sense something big is on the horizon, and I said in an earlier post that yes, some say it is because the internet but as I said the internet was not invented yesterday lol. and AR and CA have been having a rocket load of mini quakes, I guess it's all about keeping an eye on it ourselves and not relying on those who may put up facades saying they are going to be there so we think there is nothing to worry about when in fact they wont be there at all and it's just a decoy, (WOW I just went all conspiracy lol). Just saying, it's possible!. Be careful and keep your eyes open is all I can say.

top topics

join