It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj
And there has not been a complete lack of response, by the way. People have been tweeting and posting about it there, saying how it's a sign of end times.

Seriously? This is only a big deal on Twitter?

However... what is causing you to believe people have tweeted about seeing it? I've been following the appropriate hashes (Jerusalem, UFO, dome of the rock, etc.) on Twitter since last week, and the majority of tweets from individuals are either links to the videos, or questions as to why no one is tweeting about having seen it. And of the Twitter users wanting to believe it's real, no one is re-tweeting eye-witness accounts.

Have you actually searched Twitter?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm searching it 24/7. So, yes. I've been watching any tweet with UFO in it, not just #UFO. People are saying religious things and stuff liek that. And then someone from this board found posts by people who apparently saw UFO.

It's out there.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I would like to ask, had there been witnesses from the beginning talking about it...what side of the fence would you be coming down on? Also, when the 4th video was released we notice the orb moves away from the Dome (on our screens it moves from right to left), this right away made me question the validity of all the videos so I watched the 1st and 2nd again and did see linear movement consistent with the movement in the 4th. That being said, with that fine of attention to detail as well as the fine details you yourself pointed out...doesn't this beg questioning of how there could be what I could only consider to be slopiness with the mirrored edges? In your opinion is there absolutely no other explanation for this happening, such as converting the videos for higher quality, cell phone anomolies due to poor quality or rapid movement? Can you contend that serious consideration would have to be given before any witness spoke about it, given the religious implications, that being this very spot has been fought over by christians, muslims and jewish people? Can you contend that with Israels stance on the UFO phenomena that it would be in their interest to try and cover it up or declare it a hoax.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

The fact remains... why is this not happening?

Because nothing really descended over the dome. It's the only possible explanation.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by mirare
A few things to add, Luciana Gedalyovich, EliGael Gedalyovich (first video) seems to have removed her facebook page, it was there yesterday.

Michael Cohen talks about the videos and witness : www.youtube.com...=605

Proof the Jerusalem UFO was real: Michael Cohen interviewed by Iain Lee www.youtube.com... Michael Cohen who first reported on the footage managed to speak to Eligael Gedalyovich shortly after the event. In the interview Michael demonstrates that the event could not have been a co-ordinated hoax nor a viral marketing plan as well as reveas what the first witness told him

edit on 10-2-2011 by mirare because: link broken

edit on 10-2-2011 by mirare because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2011 by mirare because: LINK WONT WORK : www.--.com...

MC and ANW is the mastermind behind this hoax like i said from day one. Now ANW youtube channel is carrying all the videos. MC states that most of the videos are hoaxes at the same time on his channel he claims they are real. He is a liar! The trail leads back to him in all instances. I wish i had the authority and jurisdiction to arrest him and throw him in a cell where he belongs. Cohen is a scum bag parasite feeding off the life force of the ignorant alike,

if this turns out to be true i'll do everthing i can to have his website taken down, im getting fed up of people spending their time Hoaxing!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
1. Static image video = clear hoax. We can ALL agree on this. Let's note though that this video is unlike any of the other videos, bringing to question intelligence of the hoaxer (were they sloppy?) or the possibility of multiple hoaxers.

2. I've seen strong evidence from you guys that the other videos are also hoaxes, but some to greater degrees than others. I wonder if you only had one of the videos and still found evidence of hoax, if you'd be 100% sure of labeling it a hoax - I feel it's the group of videos together that is making you guys so assertive of your position. Which is reasonable. But if there was a cover up going on, it's good to keep a bit of your mind open in case new evidence comes down the pipe line.

So, no, I'm sorry this is not conclusive. We have to look at each individual video analysis on its own merits, and just sum up the results.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
When people say things like "it's the only possible explanation" I tend to tune them out...haha...again UFO sightings, real aliens or just weird stuff, happen all the time...some greater than this...and they don't get the huge media attention you'd expect. Again, barely anyone knows about the Phoenix Lights.

You have no idea what this UFO would have been like in person - some of the biggest skeptics point out how tiny the UFO really is - and you have no idea how witnesses, in a religious and politically tumultuous region, would react.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I would like to ask, had there been witnesses from the beginning talking about it...what side of the fence would you be coming down on?

I would consider that "something" happened in Jerusalem, and "someone" decided to create fabricated videos in an effort to get attention. Similar to what we experienced with the UFO at the O'Hare airport -- lots of eyewitness, no immediate images, but then later a slew of hoaxed images.

... with that fine of attention to detail as well as the fine details you yourself pointed out...doesn't this beg questioning of how there could be what I could only consider to be slopiness with the mirrored edges?

Whoever created the 4th video was paying close attention to the critiques of the first three posted here on ATS.

In your opinion is there absolutely no other explanation for this happening, such as converting the videos for higher quality, cell phone anomolies due to poor quality or rapid movement?

I've worked with a great deal of assets in video production, from up-sampling to down-sampling, dealing with interlaced artifacts, integration of still images, video effects, and more. While the 4th video is good, the most-important errors are the artificial motion-blur at the end, and the lack of new ground features being illuminated by the flash.

Can you contend that serious consideration would have to be given before any witness spoke about it, given the religious implications, that being this very spot has been fought over by christians, muslims and jewish people?

No. Given the collective experience we've all seen regarding news articles of relatively minor "miracles" happening at holy places or on holy statues, this would have dwarfed all others in comparison... if real.

Can you contend that with Israels stance on the UFO phenomena that it would be in their interest to try and cover it up or declare it a hoax.

Eye witness on the scene would likely not be considering this to be a "UFO" of extraterrestrial origin, and instead a spiritual event.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj
And also acknowledge the issues, though. All videos may be hoax, but no one at all is questioning why hoaxers would put out such conflicting/inconsistent videos. Were they just sloppy to discredit their better CGI video with a static image released earlier on - I'm honestly curious about what you think.

I think video 1, 2, and 4 are made by the same person. I think video 3 was someone trying to mock the situation, and is not related in any way. Copycats happen...

Video 1 and 2 are basically the same view...and 4 is just another view. So really, there is only 2 total views of this event. It is really easy to make a UFO hoax from 2 views when you know the area. Especially when the first view is far away and low detail.

There really is no issues that you mention.... It's just an out of control hoax.

edit on 10-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, regardless of whether the UFO sighting was deemed a hoax, if this would've been that earth shattering if real...wouldn't it still be talked about if not? By hopeful believers or those who were following when it wasn't clearly a hoax? We didn't see that either. Not everything you expect to see happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here is a New Update for the Weathercam.
Update from 09.02.2011

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
gift0fpr0phecy

Thank you, are the first person I've seen so far address this issue. I wish someone had summed it up like that a while back...haha

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank-you for your reply.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
in response to:Video 1 and 2 are basically the same view...and 4 is just another view. So really, there is only 2 total views of this event. It is really easy to make a UFO hoax from 2 views when you know the area. Especially when the first view is far away and low detail.

Of these 3, which is the most authentic looking? And what is the explanation for it being fake? I get all the video analysis mixed up. I think your reply here could answer questions for a lot of people who come here to learn about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

Honestly, that sounds like a question the hoaxer would ask to get feedback on their work.

I think none of them look more authentic than the other. They all look equally fake. The light flashes on all of them are just not consistent with reality, and neither are the camera movements.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Cripes how did we miss this hoax addition - www.youtube.com...

Another anonymous posting, of course. Didn't mean to give more attention to hoaxers, feel free to delete admin

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
gift0fpr0phecy

No it sounds like a totally reasonable question if you were trying to rule out a cover up. ; )

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hootlj

"WE"? I think it was only you that missed it.

reply to post by hootlj

There is no cover up... There is nothing to cover up...

edit on 10-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: no sure yet so removed.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Okay.... this debate is far from over yet. It seems to me that everyone jumped on the hoax bandwagon because of a few crappy video analysis explanations.... which frankly.... aren't convincing at all. I think some of us aren't aware of the many anomalies that can happen with digital technology. It is natural, we have not perfected our technology.

With that said I think we should continue to get perspectives from all points of view. I know that alot of people will not give any credit to "All News Web" as they have done some questionable things in the past. BUT .... I think there are too many valid points he brings as well as new information.
Please Google "ufo" then click news and go the the "All News Web" article....as for some reason I can't link it...

Also.... we should be even more suspicious that CBS put out an article attempting to debunk it... high schoolers could have done better at presenting that..
edit on 10-2-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I realize that you have now come to that conclusion gift0fpr0phecy. But if when examining the UFO hoax videos, you thought one looked legit - I'd hope that would consider the possibility of a cover up. In the future if this happens again.

For those of us who aren't video experts, it was a reasonable thing to want to investigate.

new topics

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join