It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Jerusalem: CONFIRMED HOAX

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by believerofgod

Why is the view in his camera not black or have just a small view of the city lights on it? Why does it have what seems to be nothing but light all in the viewing area? Explain please, or better yet for a little experiment, go outside when it is dark and point your camera towards the sky and come back and post what you get.

I have seen no new evidence come to surface as proving this to be real as of yet. I have seen new evidence coming to light of the 4th clip and the dealings with all the people involved and their relation to working with movies and audio. I have yet to see why no one has really taken this view of the guys phone in first clip into consideration. It has been posted before and one time with a pic that is posted. So again why is this guys phone that is supposed to be pointed upward towards the sky have all this light in view of his camera. I mean I thought it was just the view of the city lights below at first glance but really look at it and see for yourselves. Doesn't add up. I for one was wanting to believe and even threw some counter attacks to the Mr. Debo and giftofprophecy, but after actually looking at the video evidence, it really is pretty logical. Take time to research the evidence people.

True [ ] Hoax [X]
edit on 5-2-2011 by believerofgod because: (no reason given)

No offense but this was also covered some 80 or so pages ago, is nobody reading this thread before they reply?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I examined the little red lights that blink at the end of two videos that were taken from different angles in the different videos.
They form nice geometrical figures.

From one of the videos, I found the image (between the red dots) to be like this.

See how I constructed this image from the video frames as available on youtube.
www.youtube.com...

From the first video I found the first shape to be like the following

See how I constructed this shape here. It is in the original footage.
www.youtube.com...

Would anybody take the time to embed 3D shapes in the video?

So try to slay this.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

This could go on for days. I was doing it myself and I read the whole thing. I think the only way to do it if you are behind is to read the whole thing and take notes while trying hard to resist the temptation to make knee jerk posts.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by serisony
reply to post by laymanskeptic

Yeah, ok, I see it now. Nail in the coffin on that one. Video 4's explanation seems very technical, and thorough. My only question there is, if this thing was real and supposedly not of this world/dimension, would the light source still behave the way you would expect it to? I mean if it was real, and nobody had caught anything like it before on camera, wouldn't that also explain the anomalies happening. All we have to go by is previous knowledge, but if this is indeed the first time this was caught on film, I wouldn't expect any of the laws of our world to be applicable.

Of course, the unknown can be all sorts of things :-)

I would like to point you to a principle which you may have heard of.

Here's the link. Occam's Razor

Enjoy :-)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

Hi, SpiritualMystic. Is that you? Thanks for doing the work. I remember a toy from when I was a child that consisted of different sized plastic sprockets with holes in them for coloured pencils. You would put the pencil in the hole and spin it around really fast and it would create theses really pretty geometrical spirals. They were really pretty but really meaningless. I mean no insult. You have added a really neat dimension to this. But the shapes seem incidental to me. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

How does this one rank in the Hoax Hall of Fame? Based on combined posts of this thread and original, it is second only to Isaac/Caret Drone...

edit on 5-2-2011 by TinkererJim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi Yes, I felt like participating.

Same shape?

Tried to adjust aspect ratio.

No way.

edit on 5-2-2011 by puntito because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have to say with videos like this most people seem to have an agenda with regards to whether they believe the video is real or not and will lean more to the evidence that is in line with their beliefs. For me however I am not pushed one way or the other. I would love if it was real but if it is fake then I want to know.
I decided to edit the three videos together and try to sync them up near where the flashing begins. Whats strange about these videos is that some parts sync up but other parts do not.

The middle video seems to have a bright 1st flash that the other two do not.
For flash two all three videos seem in sync.
For flash three videos two and three are in sync.
When the light shoots up videos 1 and 3 are in sync.

Now what I don't know enough about is using different video formats which the three videos obviously are. I know that it would be very hard to sync up different video sources especially if they shoot different frames per second but is it possible that parts of the video could be in sync out of sync and then back in sync again? Would love to hear a reply from someone who would have expertise in this area and could say if this is a normal discrepancy of not?

edit on 5-2-2011 by tcla75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2011 by tcla75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ahh yes, Occam's Razor. Touche.

It's amazing that it took a few threads and a few hundred posts, to come to these conclusions. Is it safe to say that this was a good hoax? It had quite a few stumped on how to properly explain what we are seeing. Interested to see these hoaxers come forward, or if more videos show up.

Like I said, I would love to see the debunkers and experts get together from this forum and make there own Hoax. To prove once and for all how easy it is to fool people. You guys could make an elaborate hoax, and than break it down later and show everyone how it was made.

What I have gathered though from this thread, is that it seems even the people debunking this, are only doing so, because they would like to see a real UFO video as well, but are showing us that this is not the one.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf
That's a good spot laymanskeptic , does this mean this is headed for the Hoax forum now ?
If you have After Effects the technique can be replicated via Effect -> Stylize -> Motion Tile -> Mirror Edges

I hope it does digitalf.

Yup that's correct motion tile, giftofprophecy mentioned that too.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Has any one noticed the Billy Meier icon?

Mr. Mask can rest.
edit on 5-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quartza

Pleas don't assume anything about me.

If you must know, I stand behind the mirrored edge argument that the video is a hoax.
During this time I have kept an open mind and there is nothing wrong with that.

I simpley wanted to state a better source for the topic at hand.

Fair enough and duly noted.

I just don't trust new members, especially when they arrive in time to support or garner belief from others in hoaxes in spite of clear evidence.

I will warm up to you, and the rest, after I get to know you. There is nothing really a new member can do to escape my paranoia, other than serve in the trenches in battle with us all. Its my flaw, not yours.

Paranoia keeps me alive...still alive.

MM

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909
What about the Utah UFOs, which appeared days earlier? You are telling me these are fakes also?

No.

Those look and feel very very real.

But seem unrelated and unalike.

MM

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Occams razor is a stub.
Or is it not a stub?
I assure you that it is a failing stub.
Occams razor is a stub that fails when there is a baby in the tub!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Is there not a topic on these Utah UFO lights that we can debate and debunk?

Im still itching from this one. I want more!
edit on 5-2-2011 by ExCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Not that it seems to matter anymore since it apparently has been proved that all the videos are fake from what people are saying in this thread now but I looked at some lightning videos with city lights and saw the same effects of street lights becoming brighter during the flash. I'm not an expert and therefore cannot judge how lights should appear on a flash and if lightning can be compared with what we see on those videos but it seems to me that just because pixels lighten up is not conclusive evidence that it is faked. I do however find the tree on the right very suspicious during the flash because it remains darker than I would expect since the shoulder of the guy is getting brighter.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by laymanskeptic
ANOMALY FOR VIDEO #1

LOLOL... guys check out this sequence of frames...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3771bba1b93.png[/atsimg]

See anything? Maybe this animation could help...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bbef2f5fc41.gif[/atsimg]

See it? No? Ok here's the spoonfed version LOL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/986af9ccd02d.gif[/atsimg]

Can anyone guess what that is? LOLz

Something... is reflecting... off an axis... that doesn't stay horizontal...

ROFLMAO... Do you know why? More spoonfeeding?

Can you guess how many artifacts I'm going to post after this? Guess how many artifacts in Video#2? Guess how I'm going to use it?

LOLOLOL

This gets funnier every time!

Wow I sound juvenile lolz

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Ha! I noticed that and I was about to make a video about it. You know what that is? I will tell you... It is proof that finally kills this hoax.

That is actually caused by a function called "Motion Tile" when it is set to "mirror edges". It is commonly used to fill in missing pieces of a video when someone applies fake camera shake to a video.. When you apply fake camera shake to a video it moves the images around to do it, and it creates these moving edges all around the video exactly like you see around videos that have been stabilized.. Instead of cropping and making the video smaller to hide the edges, some people just apply the "motion tile" effect and set it to "mirror edges", and it creates EXACTLY what you see.

Watch this video at 3:32:
www.videocopilot.net...

It is PROOF of a HOAX!

That same issue is found on video 4...which also has fake camera shake.
edit on 5-2-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Genius! Awesome find, nice one.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by serisony

Hmmm now I'm kind of worried for the people who showed their faces on Video#4! Unless it was for a school project, they're in big trouble!

A foolproof hoax can be done. It just needs to exhibit mature use of technology (too much excitement over the techniques can ruin it), and a bit of psychological exploitation.

I myself would like to see a real one, but at the same time I would like to keep being honest to myself.

Sometimes your mind makes subconscious probability calculations which give you intuitions on your reality, but sometimes it would like to throw reason out the window too.

Just strive to keep a healthy balance.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Excloud if you want more check out SpiritualMystic's post up stairs. His analysis does seem satisfy the requirement that the red lights were filmed from opposing locations and should appear as such. I personally do not think that they are meaningful. Check out this link to the 'Spirograph'

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Spirograph: en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join