It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot thickens. ATS I need your help, I found a ring.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So after all these years of finger pointing the masons and the elites. Calling them out on wack job handshakes and and telling people repeatedly they weren't "really" reptiles. Looks like I should have been pointing out my family tree.

Yesterday my mother came to me and explained that she needed to use a scale...
I thought it was odd, but then she just told me she wanted to wheigh out some of her old gold.
So I get my scale out, only to find out that its batteries have died. I explained to my mom I was out of batteries. She didn't really mind and was going to go put it away when I stopped her and asked if I could see some of the gold. She came back and went through the bag with me. I stuck my hand in the bag- low and behold the first thing I take out of this bag is a big gold Mason Ring. G and Compas on front owls on the side.

The problem is I don't know of its exact orgins, nor does my mother, however she thinks its my dads (they are seperated). I don't know how old it is either.

I have uploaded the pics to my blog and if the thread is interested in bigger pictures, I will provide them.
Here are the PICTURES. Please help me find out where it came from.
edit on 1-2-2011 by tribaltrip because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

Wow man, I would keep an eye out now
Ask your father about it, see what he is like with you (Pardon me if anything I said then was offensive to you).

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It is just a masonic ring and really means nothing. Anyone can purchase one of these rings. They used to be exclusive and have meaning behind them, but not anymore. You can purchase them just about anywhere jewelry is available. Ebay currently had 2,800 different variations available here. I wouldn't look too much into this issue unless you have other proof that one of your family members was in fact a free mason, and even then it doesn't mean much.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

No offense taken.
I haven't spoke to him in a while, we had some differences in the past. So for the past year we have been out of contact. As far as I knew he wasn't in any high places however I might be proven wrong. I mean he has a decent job and part of union committee but who knows what was in his past.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I think it's a cool find being that it wasnt sold in every store back then
And old family jewelery is always cool

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Nice Example of a Gold Masonic Ring, Do Not let your mother sell it at a Gold weigh In, If its vintage it could be worth a fotrune! I just sold my Great-Grandads Ring for £4,300

link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Well thats what has me really drawn to it... I'm not looking to find out means something sacred, however I would want to know how old it is. Cause it looks pretty old. It also has two dots and a line on it (looks like male gentalia symbology)
I would love to find out its was really really old.
Also I can't make out what is inscripted on the inside, it looks like 16k, but there appears to be something to the left of that.

link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Maybe you should consider giving back the gold ring that your mother stole from your father?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Does it have SBL engraved on it at all?
edit on 1/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: grammar

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ohhhhh my precioussssss.....33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Maybe you should consider giving back the gold ring that your mother stole from your father?

Haha....nice...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

She isn't even sure its his. She also had gold that my uncle who served in the gulf brought her from Israel.
It could have very much well have been from her side as much as it is hers.
But for the sake of relieving your guys suspicians, he has converted to bornagain christian about 7 years ago.
Which I don't see as much of a mason move, however you never know.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

not that I can notice, the rings seems very worn.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Don't let your mother sell the ring just to be melted down, that would be a shame. If no one in your family is a Mason, then donate or sell the ring to somebody that is a Mason. I would love to have a Masonic ring with some history behind it, and I would be willing to buy it if nobody else does. I hate to buy new jewlery, it seems like such a waste, when there is so much jewelry already out there with history behind it.

Also, him converting to a born again Christian would not exclude him from having been a Mason, quite the opposite. He might have had acquaintences through Masonry that helped him be born again. I myself am not "born again" and I don't identify as much of a Christian, although I do believe in Christ and attend a Baptist church.
edit on 1-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Was just wondering as I'm trying to get to the bottom of what it stands for - I found something very old in rather odd circumstances with those letters hand engraved on it and none of the acronyms I can find seems to fit the purpose.

Cool looking ring by the way...

Maybe keep it with you for a few days (if it feels right) and see if anything unusual occurs. Artefacts are brilliant - especially ones that pick you, as your ring seemed to

ps. I wouldn't sell it unless you are positive it's not for you
edit on 1/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: thought

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I saw the title and thought of hobbits, and elvish script on a ring. A journey and good friends. Grand scale wars and a beautiful princess.
Dang.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

As of this moment, I have no intentions to sell it. And as soon as I found it I told my mother she should not sell it.
Personally I think its really cool, something I would want to keep for a while. When I put it on I feel almost guilty as I know where the rings orgins are. I am certain this ring has some age and history behind it, it is even bent a little bit and one of the side engravings is worn off, if it wasnt for the other side you wouldn't know there was engravings. As for giving back to a mason. Unless they pay off my student debt and pay off my mortgage... I don't think it will fall back into the hands of the masons. The masons have their secrets and this will be mine.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

I know I cant seem to figure it out. If you require larger images I can take some more.
I get kind of creeped out putting it on, but on the same note I am reminded of the Lord of the rings and feel a little power by equiping the ring. Though I have not gone invisible or performed any supernatural act as of yet...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was actually going to call the thread "One ring to rule them all... ATS I found a ring."
But I thought that would get peoples hopes up as well... Sorry dude.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join