It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over Utah Drop Flare-Like Objects?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Completely. I just saw the side by side video, and all I have to say is I am ready. I've been ready. Last night I experienced something really weird.
I was sitting on my couch no drugs or beer in my system, scouts honor. When I let out a yawn, while yawning I was about to rub My eyes (eyes closed)
when I saw a dark sphere hurling at me. I know it sounds stupid but at that moment I flinched back cuz I felt something was really gonna hit me! It
was strange I totally started laughing and jumped up to go tell everyone in the house. My mom is an avid alien lover(dads a citizen) so she says " ah
the aliens are here" in the most Hispanic voice u can imagine. Any thoughts on that?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Has any one given any thought to some off these sightings being drug drops. I had a buddy that worked for the border patrol near padres island Texas and he told me some stories on how smugglers would try some really far out things to get drugs across..from homemade subs and scuba to plane drops. So I was just thinking could some of these sightings in Az Nm Texas could they be hi-tec cartel drug drops. Who know using hot air ballons.

Does anyone know if a hot air ballon would come up on a radar the one D.O.D would use to watch the borders?
Just curious if anyone has any insight.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is something we will not know, are aliens alive! They probably do, we cant be the only ones out there!
edit on 1-2-2011 by Eyes4Life because: I had better reasons to post

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

you can buy chinese lanterns in almost any pound or dollar store

therefore they may come in groups of 3, 30 or 300 depending on the size of the investment

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
If youve ever watched iraq/afghan combat vids, the while light looks similar to the type of flare infantry will request planes to drop overhead to brighten up an area at night (likely when they're taking contact). Only one is usually dropped, it falls slow and burns for a while... and it's really bright.

The red lights, I have no idea. Though they certainly weren't behaving like airplanes.

Edit: i just watched the original video instead of the news one.. they dont look like those flares anymore, as the ones i was referring to dont flicker like that. it could just be some crafty kids using RC toys with fireworks and some release on it
i really dont know
edit on 31-1-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

Tactical military flares still show a rate of decent. These did not.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I spent part of my childhood near American Fork in another small town area. We saw military aircraft over that direction constantly between Hill Air Force Base flying over that way and Dougway. I had a Cousin at Dougway and an Uncle at Hill.

I wonder, could those be Drones testing Countermeasures to evade missiles? Just a thought? You know to evade heat seeking SAM's.

Anyway, thanks for the post and it's nice to see a genuine UFO video that is not a childish prank. Flag for that. We see so few anymore even worth looking at.

I'd think military though. It's hardly odd they would be in that area. Of course it's been over 40 years since I lived in that area. I assume that is still an area used by the military and the National Guard. Great Rock Hunting area too by the way. Used to see those silver weather balloons quite often in that area also as a kid.

Where I saw a UFO up close when I was young was about 12 miles from there. This is a link to the thread where I relate that and other things. It's impossible to know with things if they are military or Alien in origin, but considering the area that was seen in, likely it has a very earthly explanation and the military is being mute. Who knows?

I don't see why they would be doing testing that close to the general public. Dugway and the UTTR is very large and tests could be performed further west to avoid being seen.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So it seems this data is leaning towards flares or the unknown. Pretty interesting. Personally I dont know what they are but I do keep an open mind to except the potentials that they can be Earth made craft or non Earth origin craft. I hope in the near many will get to experience the better half of these encounters.

Thanks to you all for contributing to the thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by navione
Has any one given any thought to some off these sightings being drug drops. I had a buddy that worked for the border patrol near padres island Texas and he told me some stories on how smugglers would try some really far out things to get drugs across..from homemade subs and scuba to plane drops. So I was just thinking could some of these sightings in Az Nm Texas could they be hi-tec cartel drug drops. Who know using hot air ballons.

Does anyone know if a hot air ballon would come up on a radar the one D.O.D would use to watch the borders?
Just curious if anyone has any insight.

Thanks

Drug drops over Dugway?

I would say that there is a vast desert further south not is not populated more suitable for that.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

amazing website

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyes4Life

this is what creates people with open minds

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan wanted to blast these aliens to kingdom come,god rest his soul.After he and nancy saw a giant ufo in the sky,they were petrified.All the speeches he made about aliens,then he catapulted the starwars project into a tremendous project to try to mount an attack against these creatures.If he were alive to see them dropping silver material out of their ships on us,he would take action.We need a great leader like ronald reagan again.God bless America.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am in Northern Utah and have been watching a UFO for the past 2 hours. I saw the light and thought it looked out of place, I watched it for a while and realized it was flashing red and blue. This object has stayed in the same general spot for the entire time I have been observing it. I have seen it do short and sudden movements side to side, I saw it do multiple circles also. I have seen many airplanes fly past around the valley and this object is deffinitely at a much higher elevation. I have tried to take several pictures of it, but it just comes out as a little light in the picture. I know this sounds unbelievable, but it is true.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There are flares designed as countermeasures for anti-aircraft missiles. They are not simple static things. They move under power for some time and intentionally create signals in various electromagnetic spectra to try to fool infrared/optical/radar missile seekers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The things dropping could also be cargo or people.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by laurosantos

Completely. I just saw the side by side video, and all I have to say is I am ready. I've been ready. Last night I experienced something really weird.
I was sitting on my couch no drugs or beer in my system, scouts honor. When I let out a yawn, while yawning I was about to rub My eyes (eyes closed)
when I saw a dark sphere hurling at me. I know it sounds stupid but at that moment I flinched back cuz I felt something was really gonna hit me! It
was strange I totally started laughing and jumped up to go tell everyone in the house. My mom is an avid alien lover(dads a citizen) so she says " ah
the aliens are here" in the most Hispanic voice u can imagine. Any thoughts on that?

Maby you were weary 3d glasses

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Best to add here that chinese laterns not only come in any quantity, but in all colours. And when they burn out bits of them light up in flames and drop off. And today, February 3, is the Chinese new year.

If some are tied together they appear as a formation. If some have ribbon tails that catch the light they can look quite pretty. As the whole thing is mostly paper they don't show up on radar, and some can last up to half an hour.

So can we have less fuss made about them please....check with your local Chinese people first!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I just posted in the thread about the UFO over the temple mount but then found this thread.

My family and I live in NW Arkansas and we saw something very similar to the Utah video on Sunday 1/30/11. It was so odd. We were heading home from a relative's and noticed a bright white light in the sky that was not blinking. We watched it for about a mile but then lost it behind some trees on a mountain. A little further down the road my husband said "there it is", but it wasn't. It was a flickering bright white light smaller than the original and it was falling. My mind was racing trying to figure out what it could be, and a flare came to mind, but it did not shoot into the air, it was just falling and flickering. We live out in the country and see "shooting stars" all the time and this was definitely not one.

I hadn't thought about it since then until I saw the video from Utah. We have seen some weird stuff around here before so we just blew it off.

Snowed in for 4th straight day and just got on ATS today to see what was new in the world and then I see the Utah video! How weird!

edit on 4-2-2011 by moonleaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hello Dear ATS,

This video is very interesting. As far as flares: I have seen personally the "illumination" flares and the "confuse heatseekers" flares many a times in the past. These are neither for sure.

I am leaning towards the vast past reports of UFOs ejecting molten metal. Many reports in the past. In addition, there is one guy who picked up the alleged metal and spent a fortune in metalurgical analysis.

It might be their residue. Flush the head....

Unlike the Jerusalem video, I am pretty sure this one is the real thing.

Regards

arit

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sk8erchick

Woah! Do you have a telescope or know of anyone in the area with one that you could use to look at the UFO?

This is amazing stuff.

Nibiru?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
here is the topic on this
Time to start reading from page 1 till now and see what we have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join