It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinnitus, Ringing in the Ears,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hi all, just developed Tinnitus, its a constant ringing in the ears, cant really explaine why it begun only that i was taking a triple antibiotic for Helecobacter Pylori infection, its a stomach bug, now im told there is no cure for the ringing and ive got to just live with it , anybody here suffer from this anoying condition, and if so did you find anything that lessond its tone, thanks in advance for any help,

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 10987654321

If you search "ringing in ears" and "tinnitus" into the ATS searchbar, you will find a number of threads which address the issue!

I've had tinnitus for about 26 years and have simply learned to ignore it. Though I am told that there are now medications which can help alleviate the symptoms.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I occasionally get a random 'burst' of tinnitus... I guess maybe that means its not tinnitus. But its like one of my ears will just go deaf for a few seconds and then renormalize... really trippy.

Do you happen to have any tension in your jaw also, perhaps like TMJ?

TMJ tinnitus

There are traditional diagnoses for these things... which I would recommend checking out.

However, I have been led to some interesting information of other possible causes or related issues... nothing crazy like HAARP, but it is a bit more personal for this thread perhaps...

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I also suffer from severe tinnitus, I've done all the treatments including the ear pieces you wear for 8hrs + a day. No improvement. I also suffer from depression and stress issues which heightens the effects of the illness.

Sadly there's no cure as yet, its a mental condition and when bad like mine can cause suicide in some, you learn to live with it mostly though.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Don't be silly it's not a medical condition !

It clearly means that you were abducted by aliens and given an implant because you are chosen.

Because of this you can now hear the increasing frequency of the earth.

This signifies that you are evolving to the 4th dimension whilst the rest of us are doomed to stay.

Don't believe me ?

Just ask 90% of the other posters on ATS !

Oh no, wait, I'm wrong aren't I ? What was I thinking ?

Yeah, silly me, its tinnitus, I get it too.

No cure sorry

edit on 29-1-2011 by Red_xi because: Tinnitus

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
People should probably distinguish tinnitus from the damaged nerves in your jaw, a large chunk of people hear ringing at varying levels all the time because of this...it's usually not tinnitus, if you open your mouth wide and the volume of the ringing increases it is nerves in the jaw i believe. It is harmless and very different from tinnitus.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've had it for about 25 years. It's more pronounced when you are tired or stressed but honestly it's usually due to damage to the hearing. You aren't getting the input in the noise ranges that the brain is expecting so the brain just makes these noises up as a ringing or buzzing. One way to deal with it is a good white noise in the background which pushes the tinnitis to the background a little more.

I've found that a recording/cd/mp3 of surf or white noise works when I'm working in a quiet enviroment and need to think without being distracted by music. At night I use one of those cheap, noisy box fans.

Other than that, nothing else has worked for me. Eventually you will get used to it. Just try to relax when you find yourself getting irritated or it will drive you nuts..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

My ears have been ringing for around 40 yrs. It started when I stuck a pencil in my ear in grade school, then a week later I had a cold and was blowing my nose when all the sudden, a high pitched ringing began, and never stopped.

I have had an additional injury to that same ear, it didn't change the ringing at all, it goes up and down in pitch, at times it sounds like air rushing through my head, but it never, ever stops. It is maddening.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Wow, I also have Tinitus. It started after working with loud machinery and power tools 20 years ago. I also get bad mood swings with bouts of depression. I wear ear defenders now when working with power tools. It sounds worse at night when everything is quiet. It's one of those little anoyances that you get to deal with i suppose. Thanks for this info. I never put the 2 together before.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Mine started when I began using a phone, once I stopped using a phone it went away. Of course I also quit smoking four years ago, lost enough weight to equal another person, and quit eating packaged foods with all those alien ingredients with names I cannot pronounce.

I do not have the ringing of Tinnitus any longer but I do have an engine running in the background; this has recently started up. It is similar to what people first reported in Taos, NM, a low rumble. I suspect the underground bunkers are stepping up their tunneling again!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I first noticed my tinitus when i was about 19, and i am 34 now. I put it down to playing in a band and watching live music. Its horrible, esp at night. I say to people they don't know how lucky they are to lay in bed at night and hear nothing. Me, i have ringing in both ears and sometimes humming. If your tinitus is caused by ear damage, then there is no cure im afraid

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have it as well,.
The causes are many,. so who really knows the truth,.
from loud music to a frequency coming from the universe( that one is my favorite)
It is said to be incurable, maybe true. mine just started one day and my doctor first told
me it was due to my job of airplane travel constantly,. the continuous pressure changes.
I am a musician also,. so I am sure I may have some damage from that,. who knows.
But I do however wonder why so many have this ringing issue with many different lifestyles.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I first got it a year and a half ago from a concussion. Now I have it because it's one of the symptoms from SJogrens. Nothing I can do about it. Every so often I say outloud ... 'would someone answer the damn phone already?!?!" and we all laugh about it. Nothing else to do ...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Never heard of this before but I sympathize with anyone with it and must be bloody annoying more so at night time when it's quiet and you want to sleep.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am retired military and have had this issue for some time - failed the hearing test so many times. Mine is especially bad when I put on head phones or an ear piece which is why I laughed when they started doing the paperwork for hearing aid.

I told the tech - dude, the problem is I don't want to hear the ringing not intensify it....

Anyway, I was told it was from "occupational hazard frequent exposure to high frequency noise", AKA - gunfire and explosions. While I used hearing protection on ranges and stuff it was not always practical to use down range. Especially, since we used "ear piece" type radios and throat mikes mostly and like when prepping for raid or takedown its cool to get all geared up and put some plugs in but when it’s a surprise there is not really anything one can do about it. Although our team medic was funny - whenever we got in a fire fight we'd see him consciously reach for his ear plugs - I bet he is laughing at us all right now.

I tried some drug for it from the VA don't remember the name though - didn't seem to make much difference. I have learned to tune it out over time.

Like I said at its worst when my ears are covered so when I lay down to sleep I can't lay sideways because it makes the ringing worse on the one side.

edit on 29/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Yes badgerprints!!!
What a coincidence....the box fan at night. Didn't think anyone else did that. It really does work.
And while Im working I usually listen to Fox News radio. Now THAT is white noise,

I have had it for more than thirty years and I was told by a doctor it was caused by working in the
engine room of a steam turbine ship while in the US Navy. Super high frequencies from the turbine.
Also playing bass in a rock band for 12 years when I was young didn't help.
No ear plugs, who woulda thought?

Anyway, good luck with it.

73's,
Tom

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Gof66,
Try using the fan at night. It really works!
See post above regarding high freq. noise, me too.
73's,
Tom
edit on 29-1-2011 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Thanks guys for all your posts, i can change the tone of my high pitched ringing by clenching my teeth, but that doesnt really tell me mutch as to where the ringing originates from , i should also ad that the ringing began one minute after smoking some grass, yea i know im a naughty boy, old boy actualy but i did wonder if there could be a connection, i then also had panic attacks for the following three days, i guess i scare easily lol, thinking about attaching some big sea shells to my ears so as to get the sound of sea lapping on the shore, not sure about the look though.
edit on 29-1-2011 by 10987654321 because: Spelling mistake

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10987654321
Thanks guys for all your posts, i can change the tone of my high pitched ringing by clenching my teeth, but that doesnt really tell me mutch as to where the ringing originates from , i should also ad that the ringing began one minute after smoking some grass, yea i know im a naughty boy, old bot actualy but i did wonder if there could be aconnection, i then also had panic attacks for the following three days, i guess i scare easily lol, thinking about attaching some big sea shells to my ears so as to get the saound of sea lapping on the shore, not sure about the look though.
Well I doubt mary jane had anything to do with it,
I tried pot when I was 16,.in fact I tried it for a few years,.
My ears didnt start ringing till I was 39

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yeah, I have had this for many years now. Too much gunfire, too many loud car headers, too much loud rock and roll. I too learned to just live with it, but I do here there are meds for it. If it gets too bad, just put on some ZZ Top and crank it up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join