It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Number you need clue solved

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
mackiller : you should have sent it in a u2u to one of the mods rather then posting it in the thread.. just a friendly advice.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thank you for that advice, I will do just that.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sweet, our very own soap opera here on ATS! The Collaborative Fiction forum has got nothing on us! Actually, this is more like Jerry Springer:

"Oh no she didn't...Oh no she didn't!"
"I'm gonna whoop you girlfriend!"

Who wants to be Steve the security guard?

And now for my final though:

Whenever people get together to complete a task, friction is bound to get the better of some, especially when only a few of them can win a prize. The key to success, however, is that everyone must work together; otherwise, all is lost. In summary, can't we all just get along?

I crack myself up.

(game on)

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
PurdueNuc, I would just like to commend you on your excellent taste in clothes, hairdo, bodyframe and overall good looks

Hi hi hi!! That macdonalds guy says he craps!! Hi hi hi!!

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Homer J Simpson]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This situation has been dealt with and is NOT "hunt forum" material. Get back to winning the gold folks!

admin /OUT

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Anyhow, lets get back on topic.. anyone have any clue where to go from here?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The answer is 3600 but I dont know what to do with it, the clue cycles like the last few have so negate the last two lines, 60 * 60 = 3600

I KNOW THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER NOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
3600 .... yeah I can come up with that number too... but as you've said, what to do with it ?

I think that there's more to the math problem that is listed on teh FTR page...

maybe we have to take the 3600 and put it in that math problem and then get an answer ?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
in layman terms... how did you come up with 5885 ?

I'm not the best when it comes to math...

what was the prime number ?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
in layman terms... how did you come up with 5885 ?

I'm not the best when it comes to math...

what was the prime number ?

(This is an edited exert from a previous post of mine)

The clue was:

"the beginning is prime
the middle is the result of dividing what you get times 110 by the beginning
the end is the beginning"

Using variables to substitute the numbers that we do not know, you can come up with the following which equates to the clue:

p
n = (x(110))/p
p

OR

p n p

We know that p=prime so it could be 2, 3, 5, 7. And the middle doesn't necissarily have to be a single digit.

rearranging the the variable we can come up with :

np=110x
np/x=110

x="what you get"
I assumed for a minute that "what you get" = 4 = x

Then I went through the single digit prime numbers and came up with the following.
(p=5, x=4) np/x=110 => n = 88
then refer back to the original:

p n p => 5885

Hope that helps. whew.... It's been a long time since Algebra... lol

EDIT: Or i could have done it the easy way, like Zmann did. lol

[edit on 14-7-2004 by sillinous]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
the beginning is prime
the middle is the result of dividing what you get times 110 by the beginning
the end is the beginning

5 is prime, Cromeline=5

4 rings is what you get so 4*110/5=88

then 5 again

=5885

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here are a few of many many failed ideas. I keep adding to this page. If anyone has anything they would like to add, please do not hesitate to contact me and will add it.
www.icebunnies.com...

A few things to ponder:
The supposed orbit of the planet Nibiru is 3600 years
Sumerians also had a base 60 (sexigesimal) numbering system: that is where we got the 60 seconds, 60 minutes from.
First clue: Circle.gif second clue: Seconds.gif === A Clock? Big Ben in London?
GPS is based on the Base 60 numbering system.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think the circle clue (360 degrees) and the hour clue (minutes and seconds) could be pointing us to degrees and minutes...ie longitude and latitude

Like other circles, latitude and longitude are measured in units of degrees, minutes, and seconds with a total of 360 degrees possible (1 degree = 60 minutes and 1 minute - 60 seconds).

what does anyone else think ?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
could be, if the 3 ring is supposed to be in a "real" location and not a virtual one on the web. anyway, i believe that 60*60 is not quite what we are looking for. every second of every minute of every hour of every minute every second. it just doesn't fit, something is still missing, i could bet on it...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My personal opinon....

I think Zsan is going in the right direction. I feel that we just need to do somethng else with the number. Part of the reason, is: Look at the clues picture name. It is seconds.gif. I believe we are looking for the seconds of something. The 3600 and the 60X60 could lead to a number or just a meaning for somethng else. Personally, I am sticking with Zsan on this one for now..

So, it is good that we have a few directions to go in.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
ok some more of my random thoughts

1. The first clue lead us to the circle gif which means nothing on its' own
2. This second clue also leads us somewhere without an apparent answer

Like the anagrams I suspect we need to find a few more of these pages which when put together will make sense (sorta !). So I am guessing that the ftr home page will be updated. I don't think we have solved the one of many puzzle yet, or was that a teaser for this lot of clues ?

Interesting to see how the every second puzzle is written out, if you look at the left margin it appears to form an arc

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It does Helen...it's a half circle. And half a circle is 180 degrees. Instead of multiplying 60x60x60, if you ADD 60+60+60 you get 180. That's as far as I've gotten

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
hey dashcat

thanks for your thoughts...I didn't see it as a semi circle, perhaps a third of a circle, and then it was still as bit elliptical looking...

who else thinks there is some significance to the 4 o's rather than the original one ? and don't they look like like littte degree signs ?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Here is what is says:

(you have all you need)

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
OK, I think, all the recent clues have been pointing to Big Ben. Or at least London. No, it is not in a physical location, but the last one was 'in' NY. Search for clocks, London, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join