It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming defeats, and Georgia Introduces home grown food freedom bill....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The assault against the home gardener got another boost as Wyomng defeats its home grown food freedom bill.....
georgia, is about to introduce its version for debate.....
Monsanto, and the GMO giants are chickling over this defeat of the freedom to grow your own.....
Georgia home farmers had better get out and support this bill if they ever want to stay out of jail for illegal gardening, and i dont mean weed either....
have a look at this........
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
They don't need your permission to control you.
All they need is to control the food you eat.

Preventing a citizen from planting his own food for consumption is pretty much the end of the road for freedom.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
They don't need your permission to control you.
All they need is to control the food you eat.

Preventing a citizen from planting his own food for consumption is pretty much the end of the road for freedom.

Pretty much this. Then they give you a choice if you want to eat. Here you can accept this barcode (prime example) or this chip, and we will give you food or you can starve. They already started this bs over in Australia with the disaster relief Aid claims.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There is nothing that will keep me from planting a garden on my property. I don't care what BS "law" is presented. To even entertain the idea that one needs to have permission to grow food on their property is sheer lunacy.

I've had enough experience defending my garden from deer/rabbits/etc that I'm sure defending it from a two legged creature will be quite a bit easier.

edit on 23-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance on this one being a Brit. But are the government over there saying if you have an apple tree you can't eat the fruit from it? That you can't grow your own vegetables or fruit and eat them? Why? What possible reason do they give for you not growing your own food? Does this extend to something like a window box with a few herbs in as well?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

It's all to do with establishing a monopoly,
and forcing you to eat GMO .

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Oh say there, mate here's some local [relative to you] news

Genetically Modified Crops Are The Key To Human Survival, Says UK's Chief Scientist

edit on 23-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am furious!!! Live in Canada.... I am planting a big garden every spring that produces potatos, garlic, onions, carrots, beets and much more that lasts me a winter long. I enjoy fresh meat that I hunt, preserve and grow my own chickens, have a milking cow (your own butter, cream, cottage cheese etc)
If some ass hole comes about to shut it down, I will use the same rifle I hunt my deer with. I do not cell what I grow but my nabors and relatives are very greatful to get home grown products and also eat healthy these days.

Bring in on NWO, will see what side cookie is crabling. I am ready!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
S&F from me. I am not going to be dictated to by the government when it comes to feeding myself and friends and family good wholesome home grown foods. Many of my friends have joined with me in the development of our own aquaponics systems. We are looking to eventually offer for sale a scalable home aquaponics system that can be used on any small plot of land or even an apartment balcony.

My inspiration for this decision was this short video that discusses a 3 acre system that produces 1 million lbs of food per year.

new topics

top topics

join