It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests against Chavez government start today, massive rallies in Venezuela, and across the globe.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

American patriots, from Tea Parties to social democrats are being urged to show up as a ‘flash mob’– preferably with a red gag or bandanna over their mutually non-violent mouths — or at least to noise it up, in media and to media.

Caracas is the touch-point – ground zero beginning 9:30am ET and it could be, literally ballistic. As China transported military thugs from Mongolian provinces, to dispatch the Tienanmen protesters, word on the ground is Cuban military and FARC drug thugs may apply themselves to Sunday’s peaceful protesters, whether wearing olive green, or in street clothes, disguised as Venezuelan Chavez supporters.

Link
bigpeace.com...

Felt it important enough to give you fine folks at ATS a heads up. It could go either way. I'm guilty of not keeping up with the policies/politics going on there, but this could be either a huge non-event or turn to something very ugly.
Keep an eye out.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I never liked this government. Hugo Chavez has to be one of the publicly known crooks and killers on the planet today.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I've seen less propagandistic pap ooze out of Pravda.

"Marxofascism"? Really? I was embarassed to read that linguistic abortion, I can only imagine what it must have felt like to use it with a straight face.

Cute parrot, though. The beret's a nice touch.

Ever get the feeling that Breitbart thinks Borat Sagdiyev is a real journalist?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Sounds about like Iran back in '53, how the US sent in CIA operatives to incite a few hundred, maybe thousands of people to protest, and made it look like there were hundred of thousands. The propaganda machine was rolling that day, and effectively put into power the Shah who was a puppet of US interests.

Now, I'm not saying this is the same deal, maybe the people are fed up with Chavez, but I would be careful in picking out the true news from propaganda meant to help overthrow a government in a country with resources that major energy corporations lust after.

I won't be jumping on this one until I see it from multiple angles, and even then it's really none of my business what another nation wants to do with its government. I wouldn't want, say, China coming into the US and helping a few protesters turn into a coup that we the people really don't want.
edit on 23-1-2011 by nwdogg1982 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

is it just me or does it look like the parrot is wearing a red beret as well
i know its the feathers but a first glance your like damn how did they get that parrot to wear a red beret.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Another US backed attempt at a coup. Wonder how our government would react if say the Chinese government was funding or aiding Americans in overthrowing the US government.

While the majority voted against Chavez’ party, they maintained a majority in their parliament. This vote signaled the potential failure of that governing majority to sustain itself. Their solution was to relinquish authority to Chavez by a very broad enabling act, granting him dictator status.

Oh ok. The same way that Blair and Harper remained in power.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

Agreed. I just hope that there is reason in his cabinet and that it doesn't get ugly.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I've seen less propagandistic pap ooze out of Pravda.

"Marxofascism"? Really? I was embarassed to read that linguistic abortion, I can only imagine what it must have felt like to use it with a straight face.

Cute parrot, though. The beret's a nice touch.

Ever get the feeling that Breitbart thinks Borat Sagdiyev is a real journalist?

Well, if it's propoganda, then there is nothing to worry about!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

True. This is just one angle, one aspect. When I see more, I will supply more. Just wanted to share the info that IS out there on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Another US backed attempt at a coup. Wonder how our government would react if say the Chinese government was funding or aiding Americans in overthrowing the US government.

While the majority voted against Chavez’ party, they maintained a majority in their parliament. This vote signaled the potential failure of that governing majority to sustain itself. Their solution was to relinquish authority to Chavez by a very broad enabling act, granting him dictator status.

Oh ok. The same way that Blair and Harper remained in power.

Interesting take on it. Just to be even-handed though, who says China isn't trying a coup in the US?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Most likely it will get ugly. No crooked government would want to lose their power trough protest.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

That's what I'm afraid of as well.
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You just know when some human being stands before his fellows and claims to have some kind of Godlike abilities,That it is time to remove that person from any means he may have to hurt people with his sad delusions.
Chavez, has turned out to be just another type of petty dictator,He has enriched his family, friends and cronys.
The reforms once promised to the landless and the downtrodden, have been usurped by criminal gangs of so called supporters.
The people of venezuela, do not deserve the ugly war that is about to erupt in their streets.
It is not a sure bet that Hugo will survive this challenge to his hedgemony, but it will be the majority of the protestors who will pay a heavy price for their crys of freedom, if the Gov Boys decide to make swift ending to the demo.
Whatever happens, many good people, will be hurt regardless, and as the article states, already some of them are being dissapeared.....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Here is some great information on the current status of Venezuela.
Venezuela

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.
Just wondering if there are any members here from Venezuela?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Exactly what I was thinking...Another US backed attempt at a coup. And a good amount of disinfo. Chavez has stood up to the US more then once, and lets not forget how he embarrassed them by giving free heat to America's poor. Oh yeah, and lets not forget the oil either. I say the CIA is up to their old tricks again.

Something else that stuck out in that article were the list of Chavez's abuses:

# use of “disaster” to nationalize, control, or destroy private property
# seizure of private enterprise, including the nationalization of mass media # abrogations of power during a lame duck legislative session
# minimal time allowed to debate major legislation
# government by executive order
# Internet controls
# broadcast media controls (Globovision tenuously remains)
# publicly calling out Globovision, “Enemies of the homeland, particularly those behind the scenes, I will give you a name: Globovision. Greetings gentlemen of Globovision, you should watch where you are going…. I recommend you take a tranquilizer and get into gear, because if not, I am going to do what is necessary.”
# slandering opposition as “defenders of the bourgeoisie,” or “defenders of the empire and of its politics of aggression”
# prohibition of broadcasting material which foments “anxiety amongst the citizenry or that alters the public order”
# imprisonment of anti-Chavez labor leader, Carlos Ortega, setting an example, for a chilling effect

Most of these things are starting to happen here in the USA, now...um ...except for the part where he publicly calls out his enemies....the United States doesn't give warnings like that. After all, it is legal for our government to legally assassinate anyone they consider an enemy of the state.
edit on 23-1-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think it's unbelievable how every news piece on this site automatically turns into a CIA psy-op.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
I think it's unbelievable how every news piece on this site automatically turns into a CIA psy-op.

Agreed it probably has nothing to do with the fact that their lands and industries are being siezed nope its cia,puleeze. Freedom and Liberty are universal beliefs, we are born with these desires. Power to the people of Venezuela,I stand with them, and even if the cia are helping them,good. All dictators should fall wherever they may reside.

We need some video feeds of this protest,come on ats, do what you do best, get us some feeds.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
too funny, its America calling the kettle black?
2nd line the insanity of it all never stops does it

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Agreed it probably has nothing to do with the fact that their lands and industries are being siezed nope its cia,puleeze. Freedom and Liberty are universal beliefs, we are born with these desires. Power to the people of Venezuela,I stand with them, and even if the cia are helping them,good. All dictators should fall wherever they may reside.

We need some video feeds of this protest,come on ats, do what you do best, get us some feeds.

yes, besides isn't he and obama buddies?

i know he hated bush, right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join