It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Ron Paul Speech - Perpetual War is Expensive! Jan 20 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I did a search and did not find this
Hopefully this will spark good debate, i'd like to hear Slayer99's opinion on this too as I often like his opinion and war history

I think Ron Paul just brought it back to basics and to highlighted the root cause of many current issues

It's amazing how he trivializes the decision making process of current events to basic common sense while the media makes the people think it's a very difficult scenario and nobody knows what the correct path to take is.

End the Wars, Fiscal Conservatism, even if you are not conservative at least like the fiscal portion despite many conservatives not being fiscally responsible.

What are your thoughts on this Epic Speech ATS?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul is one of the only true Amarican politicians we have left. He is considering running in 2012, saying that he is watching the value of the dollar before making his decision. But his values are true. Flag

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wars cause inflation, thats a bad thing. Generaly speaking if your government is going to magic money out of thin air, you really want to see a return on it, say, investing it in infrastructure to stimulate growth, lend to small busines etc.

Printing money to spend on cruise missles to ultimatly destroy something thats going to require printing more money and betting on the returns from the loans you grant to get people to fix it, isnt entirely ideal.

Americas been at this permanently for over 60 years, only so long you can keep that up.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
My views are more in line with that of Ron Paul than any "conservative" in congress.

I've always been pro freedom and anti-war. Because it always seems that freedom takes a back seat when America goes to war. I'm tired of it, and I'm tired of politicizing battlefield decision that cost us more lives.

If we go to war, we go for self defense, PERIOD. But if we do go to war, we go to win.
edit on 23-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
"There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare."

SUN TZU ON THE ART OF WAR

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Oh please!

"Perpetual war is expensive". Really? Who knew?

Of course war is expensive - and money is the least of it.

What about human lives?

What about sanity?

What about suffering?

Why does everyone worship this person? (I don't know who he is, but obviously he is a big deal in the US).

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It is only expensive to schmucks that have to pay for it. To the guys making hundreds of billions of dollars on the weapons sales and the congressmen who own stock in their companies, it is a wet dream.

Read about it here.

And here.

And here.

edit on 1-23-2011 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

No one worships Ron Paul...We just really like him because he's honest about what he does and is consistent in his votes.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Hi project,

Thanks for explaining.

All I can say is if one of our politicians stood up and said that, there would be slow clapping and a dunce's cap.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Indeed. But you have to understand that in America we have the dumbest politicians known to man. They don't read the Constitution, they don't even care that it is there. Democrats are blatant about it, but the worst offenders are the republicans, because they give lip service to the notion of protecting our rights under the Constitution while secretly(or not so secretly) raping it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Well, crap.

Vote them out.

Who votes them in to start with? No politician here could last.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

We did that. We'll see what my fellow Tea Party people and the new conservatives have to offer over the next two years.

If they don't shape up there will be hell to pay.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Oh please!

"Perpetual war is expensive". Really? Who knew?
Why does everyone worship this person? (I don't know who he is, but obviously he is a big deal in the US).

War is bad, wow who knew
but how many politicians say this?

Ron Paul is not worshipped but because he has been fighting for YOUR freedom for 30 years he's kinda respected

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think this poster is not of the American persuasion...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

OK,

We have had it obviously.

America is the leader of the so-called free world. And their politicians could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

No wonder China is taking over.

Why don't our politicians take over? Your next lot will probably be as bad. By the time you find out it may be too late.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

This is true...

But I'm not worried about China taking over. Let them police the world for a while and figure out what it's like to be America.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Be careful what you wish for.

China is ruthless.

There will be an end to a lot of human rights.

It is a frightening scenario - I am not kidding.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more.

So then maybe the rest of the world needs to step up or shut up. no?

I'm tired of hearing how America is this horrible country who does horrible things like we're the only ones to have ever made mistakes.

If the rest of the world thinks America is so bad, wait till China gets the ball rolling.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Yes,

The rest of the free world should step up - Britain, Oz and NZ (the best of course).

I have never hated the US - I love the US - I love a lot about the US.

NZ would like to step up, but we could be squashed just like that - but maybe if we and Oz and Britain stepped up - sounds like another war - it probably is.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Or just the whole of Europe.

It doesn't have to be one country. I just don't think it should be the US anymore.

I'm not accusing you of America hating. I'm just saying that since so much of the world thinks we're evil, we might as well sit on the sidelines and let people with no sense of human rights or individual freedom take over...

Now there's how you win hearts and minds.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join