It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repetative, what I call puzzle dreams(also a side question dealing with dreams)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Sorta what I've been calling these dreams for awhile now. I'd get to having what I'd call, the same settings for a dream multiple nights in a row. I'd only be able to change small things. What I do in that nights dream and such. After several times of trying different things eventually I get a new dream with a different set of things to do. Basically think of it as running the same movie over and over again except you get to try different things each time to try and change the events/conclusion. The dream could feel several hours to a day long but when I wake up and look at a clock it for the most part, lasts only 10 minutes. Also whenever I wake up from these dreams the nerve center in the back of my head (base of skull above neck) gets hot and knotted.

Also as to goals in these dreams, common theme, etc. survival I would guess but the dreams are always so different from one and other that I'm just not sure. Because there isn't always a sense of danger in these dreams.

A few examples.

One was going down floors in a building. Trying to outrun some form of government agents, except there were no stairs, but a hole in the center of each floor, which I jumped through at an angle to the floor below it. When I finally get to the bottom and run out the front door, there is a mass of army personnel (not our own US army) a woman commander, and a strongman she has me fight who would be as tough as terminator.

Another was hanging out at a college apartment and just having a ground hog(think the movie but different nights of having the same dream) series of just visiting friends and people around the aparments.

Running through sewage tunnels to get to some secret base. On a side path there was an odd jade temple that was opposed to the people in secret base and me.

Exploring an old castle with a "Friend" ((in the dream I trust him and know him but in real life never met him. I always seem to have someone like that in about half these dreams)) the main thing I remember is coming across some sort of viney plant monster.

Fighting yet another teminator type guy around a construction yard, trying to get up to the top of the partially constructed?Damaged? building to reach an old lady I am supposed to meet. I remember only once did I manage a successful blow on the terminator type by swinging on a crane line and double footed kicking him in the chest.

Yes the survival ones had made an impression on me, but I know there has been just as many odd ones like the college.

So my questions pertaining to the above are
-What is the reason/ meaning behind dreams like this?
-Why does there always seem to be a hot knot in the back of my head when I wake up?

My other dream question is
- How come in certain dreams I can change perspective into another person, probably in another reality. And remember everything they do, know how to do things they are trained in and such, and still be able to retain some of it when I wake up? It's odd that I can have knowledge in things I can never experience in my own life. For example, I had one harry potterish dream where I was a fire mage at a wizarding school. I discovered my older star pupil brother had slept with the girl I had a crush on, so a flew into a rage and threw him through the stone walls of the school, taking my time in it, and finally burning him to death. I somewhat remember yelling different things at him, though all I can bet is that it was the little fire brother's phrases of want, possession and victimization from his older brother always getting what he wanted. Odd thing is, after that dream I've discovered this trick where I can rub my hands together and they get really hot. Plus at certain times when people touch me, they comment on how hot I feel. I've even caused a girlfriend to flinch hugging me because she said my skin burned her. There's been similar things but I wont go into them. Just waiting to see people post their opinions for now.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I used to get these exact dreams when I played too much XBox!

IRM

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Interesting Read.
The angle I would take on your dreams is to start lucid dreaming. There are different ways of Lucid dreaming. WILD.MILD. etc. look into it.
This way you can gain control of your dreams and even ask the questions you have IN your dream. Or even ask your dream guide.

Anytime anyone mentions dreams Im always surprised that they choose not to lucid dream.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Oh and I would go to a physician regarding the heat you experience in your head. Not just a family practice but someone who specializes in that sort of thing. Im sure its nothing but something might be firing too much or just your metabolism is rising.
Are you an ectomorph, mesomorph?
Jelly

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
Oh and I would go to a physician regarding the heat you experience in your head. Not just a family practice but someone who specializes in that sort of thing. Im sure its nothing but something might be firing too much or just your metabolism is rising.
Are you an ectomorph, mesomorph?
Jelly
Can you please explain those two terms :sweatdrop: I'm about to go research them but I want to be updated on your perspective of their meaning and why you asked. Please and thanks.

Update: ok, found the terms, I'm right inbetween Meso and Endo. I gain weight and lose weight at different rates depending on how I condition myself. Otherwise I tend to stay the same for a long time. Squat and good upper body strength and leg strength. Normally a rectangle body.
edit on 20-1-2011 by furzball because: (no reason given)

top topics

join