It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. expanding public surveillance camera net

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

D.C. expanding public surveillance camera net

fwix.com

Big Brother may already be watching you in the District, and he will soon have a lot more eyes trained in your direction.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It is sort of creepy to have complete strangers watching you, but is does increase safety and security, so I am all for it. If you are not doing anything illegal, so what? Look at how the security cameras captured that Times Square Muslim Terrorist who tried to blow up the car bomb. I am all for the cameras!
People really can't expect privacy when out in public. However, if the police or cities use surveillance cameras, there must be safeguards in place to ensure that the images and information gained from them are used for legitimate purposes. Additionally, since the cameras are in public places, the images should be accessible by the public. Surveillance systems should also have community input and oversight.

fwix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'll agree as long as the people get to film cops, politicians, and "the watchers" in the public too. Oh wait....that's becoming illegal as we speak.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
I'll agree as long as the people get to film cops, politicians, and "the watchers" in the public too. Oh wait....that's becoming illegal as we speak.

i know i hate the fact that its illegal to record officers w/o there consent , any one to be exact without it being illegal , but in turn law enforcement aways conduct surveillance like legal and illegal wire taps without consent , and warning , due to the fact they dont want to compromise their investigations but dont you think a person who was warned he is being tap will most likely consider following state and federal law because he is being "monitored"

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FeeBanks

No one ever questions the legality of filming pigs in public where I live because they are public officers. We even walk around in small groups with cameras and film them stopping people. It's called CopWatching and it's a great way of cutting back on state harassment in your community.
edit on 20-1-2011 by PinkAndBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FeeBanks

No offense but it sorta looks like you might have taken the blue pill. Are you really so willing to
give up your rights just to be safe? One of our forefathers had something to say to about that.
His name was Benjamin Franklin. He said "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither". Now be a good little agent provocateur and take the red pill.
edit on 20-1-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

top topics

join