It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party unpopularity at an all-time high: poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't think this has been posted...I looked but could not find anything.

Fifty-two percent of the US public had an unfavorable view of "the political movement known as the Tea Party," the survey found, as opposed to only 35 percent who approved.

The Tea Party really turned out to be a big disappointment. It could really have been a good thing for this
country. It could have brought us together. But it was hijacked by the likes of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin
and BIG money like Koch Industries.....

The American people need someone or something to bring us together. That is the only way we can fight this
greedy, cancerous growth that is suffocating the life out of her. Only if we stand together. It shouldn't be that hard. We all want the same thing. To be free and to have control over our own lives and for our children and grandchildren to grow up free and be happy and safe and to prosper. The only people who don't want that are
the ones fearful of losing the power and control they have over us. We need to stand together against TPTB. That
is the only way or we will lose.
Source

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

The true spirit of the tea party movement lives on with the Ron Paul revolution. Just because Sarah Palin and Glen Beck tried to take it over doesn't mean the ideals are still not there. That was the intention all along, to give liberals something to hate, the tea party, which is tragic not just because it takes the focus off of Ron Paul's ideas but also it tarnishes the memory of where the word 'tea party' came from. Basically this poll is saying the American people do not like the spirit of the original Boston tea party. What a shame.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Any Poll by an unreliable source, is an unreliable Poll.

I hear ya on the getting along stuff............ It would be more interesting to see Polls from different news outlets taken around the same time to get a good idea of the "feel" for this Party. Or at least a Poll from a non-bias outlet.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The power that be were terrified of tea partiers
liberal media had all of their guns out

and bad people were trying to jump to the throne for having a leadership position with the tea party

The Tea Party is diluted
it must redefine itself

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A third party has no real chance in this country any more.

Too many blind unthinking followers on both sides of the aisle.

The true extremists are the Democrats and Republicans.

The normal people are stuck in the middle without a chance.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I find it funny how the very people who made the Tuscon shooting political, and blasted Beck and Palin the very next day are now screaming how terrible Beck and Palin are for making this political. LOL sorry, ABC has never held a reputation for being unbiased in their reporting nor in their polling data.

History has proven that research from Rasmussen is way more reliable and it will be interesting to see polling data from that source.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
what is TPTB i thought there was a rule

as stated below

No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post.

out of all things that is the most annoying thing i come accross

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Lol what a joke. Your source is bogus!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yes it was a real shame seeing Beck and Palin coop the Tea Party awhile back.
Hopefully in the end this will still help more people seek the truth, pay more attention, and move onto a true Libertarian movement. I wouldn't give up yet on a 3rd party possibly having a chance in the future.
edit on 19-1-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411

For people that don't know what TPTB is, from what I understand it is "The Powers That Be".
I could be wrong but thats what I seemed to have figured out just recently.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I think the real story is hatred is at an all time high from being encouraged and fertilized by the Politicians and MSM Pundits.

Oddly enough Congresses rating was below 10% I think last I saw a Poll. So they are more popular than Congress

The new message yesterday from the House Minority is that the American People no longer care about the Health Bill, therefore it should be ignored.
Boy, these folks are a fun bunch. Over 70% disaprove of the Health Care Bill but we don't care.

It's like a real life version of Mad Magazine.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yeah it did turn out to be a disappointment, but I think that was the intention. Originally, the Tea Party had some great ideas and great force behind it but it was probably deemed too dangerous.

Once the likes of Palin and Beck hijacked it, it all went downhill. Although I think that those that took over it and destroyed it from within are most probably implants.

The same people who built Palin up will now bring her down. She is nothing but a dumb little pawn who was used to divide this country.

Khar

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
I don't think this has been posted...I looked but could not find anything.

Fifty-two percent of the US public had an unfavorable view of "the political movement known as the Tea Party," the survey found, as opposed to only 35 percent who approved.

The Tea Party really turned out to be a big disappointment. It could really have been a good thing for this
country. It could have brought us together. But...

You have GOT to be kidding me. Exactly what the corrupt government propaganda media WANT the majority of this country to believe. Waah waah waah! You are doing no better than those corrupt traitors have done and are doing in their attempts to drive a further wedge and divide the country even further on even more issues by posting this "piece of journalistic" disinfo. For you to read that....and then go right into "Yep man it sure is too bad....I mean we really had a chance...we really did but... oh well what to do now....what to do now" then no problem...real American Patriots who will continue to struggle to the bitter end don't need/want you anyways.

Geesh man...is our country really truly populated with this many nancy boys or?!?! What a shame...what a shame

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
interesting
So far, polls have proven pretty dead on accurate...
The polls said Obama by a landslide...result, obama by a landslide
The polls said congress lost, senate held...result, congress lost, senate held

Ya, them damn liberal polls using statistical facts...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Washington Post Poll Question 11.
Skip down to question 11.

The data does -not- show a decline in the Tea Party popularity/support. From the beginning of 2010 the net of in favor of the Tea Party has remained about the same.

Now the question stands, why is the liberal media trying to twist the results of the data? Something smells fishy here.
If I didn't know better I'd say someone has an agenda...

Oh and btw polling 1,053 of a population of 311,921,055 doesn't account for anything. What a joke.
edit on 19-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yes the TPM has been co opted by the GOP and that may have been the strategy all along to gain control of those that were dissatisfied with the system.

The TPM can still become a force in American politics if they get a charismatic leader [sorry, Dr. Paul aint it] a cohesive platform with a positive approach to problems. Smaller govt. Less taxes just sounds like a rehash of the Republicans.....and last but not least the TPM needs money. Lots of money to be able to use the MSM to get the message out. As much as the TPM seems to hate the MSM; without it for PR purposes, it is dead in the water and the www. at the present time won't reach the TPM demographic for fund raising and overall support.

As the Tea Party stands now, it's just the red headed step child of the GOP. Time for new energy, new thinking and new money. But first there needs to be a difficult cleaning process to get rid of the wacko image that Palin and Beck bring. The TPM to be a real force needs to attract moderates and independants and not just Fox devotees. The TPM needs it's own channel, it's own spokes persons and a forceful message of "Hope and Change"......where have we heard that before? "Hope and Change" can work but hopefully it can be an actuality and not buckle under to the corporate oligarch, neocons like Obama did.
edit on 19-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The name was poisoned by mainstream corporate lobbyists beck and palin. Do you really think the people want to hand more taxes to a bloated carcinogen such as government? All it means is the loss of a domain name. Naturally 'they' had to inflict damage on it; it's what they do.

If the governrnment has a brain in it's head, it will undo everything bad it's implemented about corporate amerika, back to 1913.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Ha ha, good luck! Have you heard? Fuhrer obama will veto that health care overturn, and HE will enforce it! He's trying to cover his butt for poisoning the drink. He knows we'll be needing medical care. He planned for it.

edit on 19-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Of course, the tea party was gaining momentum in this country until the blame had to fall on them for the recent shooting in tucson. They had to be villainized otherwise the illuminati's power structure would continue to fall apart...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I think the real story is hatred is at an all time high from being encouraged and fertilized by the Politicians and MSM Pundits.

Oddly enough Congresses rating was below 10% I think last I saw a Poll. So they are more popular than Congress

The new message yesterday from the House Minority is that the American People no longer care about the Health Bill, therefore it should be ignored.
Boy, these folks are a fun bunch. Over 70% disaprove of the Health Care Bill but we don't care.

It's like a real life version of Mad Magazine.

And less than 20% want to repeal the entire bill and all its provisions - thats an even larger margin -
But i suppose we need straight extremes here in America

But hey, how come no unkind words for the GOP???

interesting
edit on 20-1-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join