It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podesta joins biotech firm with patent promising liquid fuels from solar energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Podesta joins biotech firm with patent promising liquid fuels from solar energy

www.rawstory.com

An upstart firm in Cambridge, Massachusetts said Tuesday that a high-ranking official from both the Clinton and Obama administrations would be joining their board of directors, helping them further a project that may hold the key to saving industrialized society from a long-predicted energy crunch.

The company, Joule Unlimited, was granted a patent in Sept. for their first in a series of microscopic organisms -- genetically altered versions of the E. coli bacteria -- that use sunlight and water in a process similar to photosynthesis to convert captured CO2 into usable crude oil.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
WHOA...

Although these micro-organisms converting stuff into fuel is not necessarily new, the joining of a powerful figurehead WITH a biotech company using these types of alternative energy productions IS something to sit up and take notice of.

And Podesta has been one of the past leaders who has actually investigated previous controversial subjects, so this guy is not afraid to challenge the status quo.

This could potentially be a HUGE development in the alternative fuels developmental market folks! A story to keep an eye on!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks for that find.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
WOW, great find! Interestingly basically the same technology has been discovered by the ETH (the swiss "MIT") and Paul Scherrer institute just a week ago. They produce "gasoline" using water, sunlight and CO2.

I started a thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

then there are the guys in italy (i think his name was Rossi) who did cold fusion, and ATS member aoi3610 who did the same technology like the italian guys, but in reverse.

Seems there is something about the "new age". Can't wait to close down the oil rigs and nuclear power plants!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This bugs the cr*p outta me! I cannot believe after so many discoveries of so many different ways to harvest clean energy from our environment, that we are still focusing on combustion as a means of producing energy! I mean, it's great that they may be able to produce oil from sunlight using these modified bacteria; it could free us from slavery to oil-drilling nations. But in the long run, it solves nothing. We will still have all the issues of pollution we had before. What happens if the bacteria gets loose into the general environment? What if oil-producing e-Coli get into our digestive tract? Will we be pooping crude oil?

I say, until we learn to harvest clean energy from our environment,we will still be just glorified cavemen, running around with our newly discovered fire-torch and setting fire to everything that will burn.

top topics

join