It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market town shaken by "unexplained" loud bangs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Market town shaken by "unexplained" loud bangs

swns.com

Locals in Saffron Walden, Essex, reported an earthquake after homes shook, furniture moved and windows rattled.
Two loud bangs resounded through the medieval town, prompting suggestions that there had been a plane crash or a meteorite landing nearby. Noises were heard as far as six miles away. But despite a full investigation by emergency services in the area, the bizarre event remains unexplained.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have been reading frequent posts regarding unexplained explosions for some time. I found this report and wanted to share it. I did find it interesting that many of the locals seemed to think the noises came from underground as does seem to be the case in many of the posts I have read. It does not seem to have been an earthquake yet many of the witnesses claim to have felt the ground shake just before hearing the explosions.

swns.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
When we had an eq in Maryland many of us heard a loud bang like a thunderclap, some of us additionally heard a ripping sound, and then everyone heard the usual rumbling and shaking. I am not sure why not everyone heard the bang or shearing sounds. It may be because it was an early morning quake and some people weren't awake for the very beginning of it. maybe the bangs were the sounds of rock splitting or underground pockets of gas escaping? Wish I knew.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Strange as the same thing happened here in Indiana US yesterday. Its the talk of the town and on the radio but the cause is unknown. Nothing was shown on the earthquake graphs. It really shook the house and a few things fell over. I have heard of this recently in other locations - wonder what is going on. Let us know if you hear more on what happened in your area.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I, too, heard one large bang, followed some time later in the day by two smaller ones. I am located about 10 miles from a military base and was thinking they were up to something there on the base. Not that I think we heard the same thing, but I guess that is always a distant possibility

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
mmm my theory is that the civilisations that inhabit inner earth as postulated by the hollow earth theory are waging nuclear war against each other.

This can not be a good thing for us outer earthers, who knows what the outcome will be.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
For sure there are too many of these things being reported, with almost identical stories, for this to be dismissed. Something's going on and it isn't good.

It almost seems as though they are hell bent on destroying the planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Skyquakes due to the magnetic field. I bet ya!

This guy explains it better and more technically than I.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You may be right. Either way it could of been a sonic boom.

edit on 18-1-2011 by thethingreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethingreally
reply to post by wcitizen

You may be right. Either way it could of been a sonic boom.

edit on 18-1-2011 by thethingreally because: (no reason given)

Interesting, how would that work? Could there be sonic booms under the earth?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks much for the informative video - I left a comment about the booms we heard here yesterday!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
wow, I heard two last night (midnight, Southern UK Coast)... it freaked my collie out and thus I didn't get any sleep
I had put it down to maybe "thunder" but the weather was not thundery (if you know what I mean).. was bizarre, so thanks for posting this piece

edit on 18/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: location

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Last year, while perusing ATS on my computer in my apt. living room, I heard an explosion.

It made the windows flex in and out and it hit me like a punch to the chest. I felt it all over my body, it had to have come from a block away or less.

The sound itself was unexplainable by me. If I was forced to describe it, I'd say it was like two 747's colliding at full speed out in our parking lot.

Never did find out what it was...it wasn't thunder nor a bomb...

I still have vivid memories about the occurrence.

new topics

top topics

join