It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Interpretation Requested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Good day to all.

I never remember my dreams, but last night I had quite a disturbing one that I not only remember vividly but has left me slightly out of sorts. I have searched the internet for guidance but have had no luck, and I hope that someone on this forum might be able to interpret it for me.

I went to bed early with a ferocious headache. I wear an eye mask in bed because I live in the centre of town and it is very bright. I felt an uncomfortable presence in the room and several times had to remove my mask so I could look around the room. Eventually I must have fallen asleep, although it wasn’t a deep sleep. At some point in the night I had the following dream.

I am in a swimming pool with a rather overweight, no obese, young woman who is naked. I am helping her to commit suicide. I try to push her under the water but she is too buoyant and I find it impossible. I suggest to her that she expels all the air from her lungs, which she does, and she sinks to the floor of the pool. I then hold her under the water, her large breasts float in front of my face. She starts to struggle but I keep her under the water and she starts drowning. At the moment she dies I see her face change to that of a man with a very large, hook shaped nose. I am left with the feeling that she was really a man trapped in a woman’s body, and this is why she wanted me to help her die.

I then awoke from the dream although I felt drowsy and tossed and turned for several hours. During this time I felt on edge and at times stressed and panicky. I remember feeling my heart beating hard in my chest and heard it in my ears. Again I felt a presence in the room, but never removed my eye mask to look around. I live nearby to a church with a clock and it chimed six times. I always count the chimes in the morning and never need an alarm clock. It was too early to get up so I stayed in bed, and I was still in this dreamy, limbo type of a sleep. A few minutes later the clock chimed six again. I remember how odd I felt this was at the time but lay there with my eyes shut. A few moments later the clock chimed six again. This really spooked me as the clock is always accurate and I have never heard it chime incorrectly. I can remember thinking how creepy six chimes, six chimes, six chimes, before falling back to sleep again.

When I woke up later that morning, my first thoughts were of the dream and the clock chiming. I checked the church clock and it seems to be operating correctly. I didn’t go to work today because I felt so tired and took a “duvet day“. The clock has been chiming on the hour correctly.

Now I don’t know if the two things are linked, but I thought I’d tell you the whole story so you can advise me appropriately. Any advice would be welcome.

Kind regards,

Mr Bacon

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't know where to begin with this one. . .but if you're taking something to help you sleep. . .do you mind telling me what it is?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

No, I'm not taking anything to help me to sleep.

I have however been under a great deal of stress recently. Personal issues which I don't wish to go into on this forum.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is a bit interesting to say the least, I am no dream interpreter but water is usually related to one's emotional being, perhaps the fact that you dreamed about water and the "man trapped in a woman body" gives a bit credibility about the reasoning behind water itself. Now, maybe you know of somebody that is having issues with either their own persona or is struggling with something in their own lives that is already seeking or will be seeking for your guidance (hence the reason you were helping "commit suicide").

Aside from that, I have no way of actually telling you what it is that your dream is trying to tell you. I know that what I said, sounds too vague but it is the only thing that comes to mind right now.

I hope you get the answer you are looking for, good luck!
edit on 18-1-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Do you ever have any homosexual thoughts?

Are you overweight?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I have read about water and dreams on the internet today. I myself am having some issues with my own life and persona and could certainly do with some guidance, but I don't know of anyone else who could fit the bill.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Hi there. No, I have never had any homosexual thoughts or feelings. I am happily married now for five years.

Neither am I overweight. I keep in shape and go to the gym regularly.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Your dream reminds me of one I had a while back. It involved my husband being attracted to a really busty woman.

When I awoke though, I knew immediately after reflecting a bit that the woman represented the fleshy material world. Which my husband truly does have a hard time letting go of.

Now for you, maybe it's you who is struggling to let go of the material world. This fleshy world, with its attractive boobs is so deceiving too. The man controlling it all is said to have a large eagle nose.

You should take a look a some pictures of the members of clergy of the Vatican, and see if you recognize that face in your dream.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many, many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream. Everything else in this post in italics is a searchable term.

Greetings, Mr Bacon.

A body of water is a favorite image of the source of dreams for itself. And one of the points the source of dreams likes to make about itself is illustrated right here:

... she sinks to the floor of the pool. I then hold her under the water, her large breasts float in front of my face. She starts to struggle but I keep her under the water and she starts drowning. At the moment she dies I see ...

You're holding her underwater long enough for her to drown, but you don't drown. Even after she's dead, you're still there, taking in the scenery.

OK, that's part of the message: "Some people swim in the same water where other people drown." Although the unconscious is a dangerous place, you, the waking you, might survive your exploration of it.

Although not the very cheeriest of thoughts, that is an invitation. A lot of dreams like this, Jung's big dreams, are invitations to the waking conscious to encounter the contents of the unconscious. This dream is courteous enough to remind you of the dangers, even as it provides reassurance about your ability to deal with them.

Now, that other dream character. She's really very good. Party line is that an opposite sex stranger with whom you have that much involvement is an instance of the Anima archetype. The unattractive same sex stranger she is-or-becomes is an instance of the Shadow archetype.

... I see her face change to that of a man with a very large, hook shaped nose. I am left with the feeling that she was really a man trapped in a woman’s body, and this is why she wanted me to help her die.

So, she seems to be both Anima and Shadow. That is maybe a somewhat rare report, but it describes Jung's personal unconscious reasonably well.

Typically, there are both positive ("anima") and negative ("shadow") aspects to the personal unconscious. This image, which combines both aspects into one character, draws a nice parallel to the overall balance of positive and negative aspects which the "other people drown here, but not you" theme has.

Since to all appearances, the personal unconscious is the subject, that is as far as I am going to go. I have no idea what the contents of your personal unconscious might be. For general advice, you might want to look into what's called shadow work, and see if anything you find appeals to you.

Apart from the meaning of the dream, please consider writing down, in as much detail as you can, everything you remember about the dream. If you draw, then illustrate your report. If you feel like making some artistic expression "based on" the dream, then by all means do so.

It is very likely that you will still be thinking about this dream years from now, and you will then be glad to have any records or impressions that were made fresh at the time you dreamt.

Your waking description of this dream reads almost as if it were a nightmare. Nevertheless, it is a very positive dream. You are very fortunate. It is also an especially nicely composed dream, a gem of its kind.

Well dreamt. Don't be disturbed by it, and please do consider following up on the invitation that you have received.

-

edit on 19-1-2011 by eight bits because: errant keystrokes

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to posts by iamnot and eight bits

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Sorry I have not responded earlier.

There seems to be a common theme in both of your replies and they have struck a cord within me.

I must admit that my current turmoil involves material wealth and means of demonstrating "success". I have been having feelings of jealousy about a close friend’s life. Both he and his wife have permanent, well paid jobs. They have two beautiful children and a lovely detached home that they own almost outright. I on the overhand have a poorly paid job that is on a short-term contract basis. My wife speaks English as a second language and has only been able to secure voluntary work since we returned to the UK. We rent a small flat and struggle to pay the bills. We are laos having difficulties in our attempts to start a family. Last week my car broke down and it has been diagnosed as “terminal”. I have been feeling resentful of the life we lead and feel I am capable of much more. However, my wife and I have an especially loving and close relationship, and I have recently discovered that my friend has embarked on an affair with a woman he works with. He is now considering leaving his wife and children and beginning a new life with his lover. I have realised that I would never trade my life for his.

I shall certainly be looking into “shadow work” and my own personal unconscious. Thanks again for your insight and thanks also for lifting my spirits eight bit. I’m feeling much more positive about my life right now.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I find this dream indeed fascinating; there are polar opposites. The water, the female and male juxtaposition, the "blinders" and "seeing." This sounds as if you are exercising your consciousness and it is aware of greater things through a "twilight" of sorts and possibly gaining awareness of a "bigger picture."

I feel as this dream is symbolic of alot of things we are going through these days; I wouldn't take it literally. Just try to feel the emotion and what its telling you...take the information and release the emotion to go back where it came from, then reflect on the information.

I feel as if there is a symbolic meaning here...not one of doom or gloom but of hope and transitions. Always keep your mind and consciousness open for possibilities...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBacon

Have you been having trouble sleeping since the New Year? Have you ever had any psychic experiences? Are you a member of a religion, or do you have spiritual leanings? Are you an artistic sort of person?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would say this has to do with business or a business deal. The dream suggests to me you either have doubts or concerns with the direction of business and you may think this job/business is going to end. (Maybe thinking of leaving for another job?) It could also be you think the business will try to survive and stay afloat but in the end it will do down. The person (management/business partner?) in the end will not be the person you thought they were and you will clearly see what they were all about.

The synchronicity of the clock at 6 over and over would suggest to me "the time is now" or "the time is right" for this scenario to play out.

Best of luck.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBacon

I also want to add that what happened in your dream is very representative of Christian baptism. The ritual of baptism by water represents our dying to our old life and as we come out of the water, we are born again. It is a symbolic act that Christians do in front of others to let them know that they have died to their old nature, being a new creature in Christ.

Many Christians are baptised without realizing the true meaning of baptism, that's why many Christians are baptised again and that's what being born again means. It really is hard to 'kill' our old nature though, as she is buoyant and keeps popping up and continuously tempts us by sticking her boobs in our face. Underneath that female exterior however lies the truth of our spirit if we do not let her(the world) go. The man with the hooked nose, the beast and the devil himself. And whoever does not let 'her' go, retains the 'mark of the beast'. That's where those warning bells come in, 666.

I'm glad you do not desire the life your friend chose. You have a higher calling, I wish you and your wife the best and btw, 'sa bai dee'.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Hi there.

Yes I've been having troubles sleeping, but I put that down to the amount of stress I've been under of late. I do believe I have psychic abilities but I also believe that we all have. I'm not religious in any conventional sense but do have a spiritual side to me that developed during my time working in the Amazon rainforest. I dabbled with Ayahuasca. I'm not at all artistic.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

I am certainly looking for a way out of the life I lead. I have my wife but I feel that is all I have going for me. A job I no longer enjoy that unfortunately is no longer in demand. I am searching for my true vocation in life, maybe even my destiny. I have a strong feeling that something big is round the corner, but I have felt that for some time now and nothing materialises.

I know you have to make things happen for yourself, but I just need some luck and a little inspiration. I know I'm capable of so much more, I ust need the right direction in which to focus my efforts. I guess many of us must feel the same way.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

I was initially quite disturbed by the dream, but having had some time to think it through, and taken on board some of the advice and comments of posters here, I must admit that I am feeling that I am indeed becoming more self aware. As you say, there is a bigger picture out there, I just wish I knew where I fitted into it.

I definitely feel I'm in a transition phase. You guys have no idea how good it has been to discuss some of these issues. Although I'm talking to complete strangers, I feel like I am getting some of the best advice I have ever been given.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBacon
I have a strong feeling that something big is round the corner, but I have felt that for some time now and nothing materialises.

I think that possibly you need to ask what it is that you 'want'/'need' or expect to materialise. Try to fix on a single need and then give it shape and dimension to the point that you would at least be able to recognise it should it materialise round the next corner. You need to know what it is that you are looking for to be able to find it. Simple really.

In terms of the dream and how that may apply, transformation, knowing something wants to die, but that thing changing after it has died. Dream guides will give you common themes, but it basically comes down to what it feels that it represents to you. If I was to hazard, the woman represents 'maternalism' comfort, safety...killing her severs the apron strings, do you feel smothered or held back by the women in your life? That she becomes a hook nosed man, may be that you are confused about whether you are ready for the relationship that you are in, killing mother to gain independence, killing father when you assume the responsibility of parenthood? Just ideas though, you know you and can best find what you are trying to communicate to yourself.

I find it sometimes takes days, weeks, even years to filter through. Now I often find that I segue into another dream where I am discussing the previous dream with someone useful in that respect.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBacon

Given your answers I think I am ready to offer my interpretation. But as the dreamer you have the final say on what your dream means of course.

The nature of the dream was psychic. That means the dream did not take place in your personal unconscious mind. It took place in the collective unconscious. The water symbolizes the Jungian collective unconscious. The obese woman symbolizes a very potent force in the collective unconscious right now - consumerism. In Biblical terms she is called the Whore of Babylon, and she must die. You, as a psychic and spiritual person, are unconsciously lending your psychic ability to the Noosphere that is currently forming to do battle with consumerism, scientism, and religious fundamentalism. Otherwise known as the Whore, the Beast, and the False Prophet in Biblical terms.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I want to add that dreams are often associated with your waking life and the struggles or issues you are dealing with. So, see if you can link the dream back to your life issues. Second, ask yourself if this dream is referring to yourself. Was the man actually you? Who was this woman? Someone you know in your waking life. Don't deduct this dream as some sort of world prophecy of the dooms day kind of thing.......
Such interpretations would serve no purpose for you other than conflating world issues to your own personal struggles. Unless you have achieved a spiritual break thru, most likely your dream is personal in nature.

Dreaming about death isn't all bad at all. It is usually an indication of an end. That leads to a new beginning. The woman in the dream??? Did you have feelings for her? Did you try to prevent her from killing herself? If not, there is something making you to willfully help her to died. Something you feel you must do in your waking life??? Perhaps, some decision you made in your waking life is associated with some part of your unconscious since the water and the overweight woman represent both the aspect of the unconscious.

<<   2 >>

join