It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica obfuscation: pyramids, ziggurats, missing bases, alien faces?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Time for another Antarctica / Nazi / Aliens thread!

You know you love them...

Anyway - I believe I've found something new, hence - new thread!

I came at this from a different angle - the 'ancient ET presence in the solar system'. Having been looking out for anomalies identified on the surface of Mars and our very own Moon (etc), I began to wonder whether any strange artifacts, images and structures were visible from ‘upon high’ on the Earth itself.

I started off by looking at Mars Anomaly Research as I have in the past… I disagree frequently with the site author’s interpretation of the ‘evidence’, and also can’t stand his written style! However, he does come up with some cracking images and ideas, and can be relied upon to provoke some thought on the subject of ‘official obfuscation’ most of the time.

I was looking over some of his most recent reports, and realised that there appear to be some rather bizarre things evident under the oceans and around the general continental area of Antarctica, right here on Earth.

Being interested in the idea that Antarctica may have a secret Nazi / ET presence, I’d done some research recently into the stories circulating regarding those topics, finding some interesting websites/ documents with further exposition of the subject. However, most of the content was mere author speculation. All had provided avenues for further research, which is ongoing, and I will probably make a couple more threads in the future to deal with my overall conclusions regarding this issue.

So why this thread, why now? Some of the information I came across contained verifiable, highly suspect and unusual items, suggestive of a cover-up being perpetrated by certain national and international groups. I began to suspect that quite possibly, something was ‘down there’, being actively and carefully ‘obfuscated’.

In this thread, I will present the initial findings of my research into the possibility of obfuscation. The images I present will hopefully prove sufficient to suggest an active international mission being undertaken, covering up a large ‘politically alien / extraterrestrial’ presence upon and around the Antarctic continent. All the images you will see have been lifted direct from source, with only a few labels being added by me. I will provide the source link and original/ labelled image for each aspect addressed.

NB - Google Earth is a carefully controlled disinformation tool! It’s useful for modern human habitations in general, but take it anywhere off the beaten track and it’s replete with falsity, obfuscation and tampering. The reason? Keep the sheep more interested in X Factor/ America’s Got Talent than anything even slightly out-of-the-ordinary. But then, y’all knew that already or you wouldn’t be browsing on ATS.

First main post will be up soon...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Away we go:

This first image is a screenshot from the United States Geological Survey Terraweb project. It shows the 'start screen' for looking over their Antarctica imagery.

This is a screenshot of a 'Level 1 Zoom' (first order of magnification available on the USGS site) of the central portion of Antarctica:

You'll see that in comparison to this Antarctica image (lifted directly from Mars Anomaly Research - Antarctica Mysteries 3 the level of detail is, at first glance, a joy! Amazing when you start to zoom in and see the glacial flows, mountains, shadows, obfuscation... wait, ... ?

This is the same 'Level 1 Zoom' of Central Antarctica, with the first area for analysis highlighted by me:

I'll be back soon with the closer zooms and my assessment...

Here's the link to the USGS Terraweb page for Antarctica: USGS Antarctica Map
edit on 18-1-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here's a level 2 zoom of the area in question, without an outline:

Here's an outline showing the boundary lines of different image treatment areas:

Here's a closer look at that outline, and a 'nodule' of obfuscation sticking out from the main portion (the southern part of the image):

This should be sufficient to show that someone has manually created at least part of that boundary line. The 'polyp-like' nodule stretching out from the main obfuscation is evidence that something underneath that layer is being covered over deliberately. I'd like to know why it's been covered - in this obviously manual way - if there is nothing to hide.

In the following, I've roughly outlined the area regions of obfuscation and relevant surface detail:

Tilt the monitor back and look carefully (like a magic-eye puzzle) at the 'hexagonal' outlined area. It may be best to do it on the non-outlined image...

What I see will be up next.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Here's my subjective interpretation of the features I see in the light/shaded regions of the 'polyp-like nodule' of the obfuscated region shown above:

Oh noes! A face!

My illustrative doodle is a bit of a camp interpretation of the face; that's down to my poor paintbrush control. The areas within which the land features suggest eyes/ mouth look more malicious than my quick sketch can do justice to. The actual image is an almost perfect suggestion of a malicious 'alien grey'...

Bearing in mind that the original scale of this image is 1 pixel = 1.01 km, this thing's gosh-darned huge.. I'd suggest 40km length by 20km wide.

Regardless of whether or not you too can see the suggestion of a face in the (un-doodled) image, the fact remains that something huge is being manually obfuscated by the image techs at USGS, by choice or compulsion it really matters little. And it doesn't stop here...

A quick note about the general obfuscation - it should be plain to see that some areas are smudged/ swirled, with the intention of making the surface features ambiguous. There's only so far you can go by saying that the different movements of the original imaging device caused the differences in the surface detail/ texture (for example by blaming different weather conditions on different days of imaging). The manual adjustment of the 'polyp-nodule' area of obfuscation above should prove that such an explanation doesn't hold water in this particular example, and as a result, any future use of that explanation by a debunker should be treated with caution and due skepticism.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This next image shows a nice set of demarcations between different regions of the central Antarctic landmass.

These demarcation lines should be readily apparent, particularly if you tilt the monitor back slightly. The fact that several images have been stitched together is obvious, and in itself, nothing sinister. It's only when you get down to the enlargements that you will start to notice various 'issues' with the imaging.

Looking at the above image you'll easily notice the curved, false-texture lines radiating out from the central region. There's a portion on the left of the centre-radial point which is very apparently a false-texture region, manually added in a manner similar to the 'polyp-nodule' of the first image set. This image merits further labeling, so I'll come back in a minute with an edited copy.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

And....it hasn't occurred to you that, perhaps, your imagination is running a bit high? Sorry, but you mentioned in the OP that horrid website....which is chock full of similar "things" that are nothing more than interpretative, and spurred by a wee bit of pareidolia.....

.....you may have not seen this example thread, currently running. Has some striking similarities, in the sense that the OP there thinks is "seeing" what is clearly....welll....all in imagination (and even with squinting, I'd say "interpretation"....but, truly squinting doesn't even help):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, did you know that there are a fair number of tourist air tours, over the continent of Antarctica, dating back several decades?

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps you can compare some of the routes they flew, with the region you are questioning...to see if, besides the satellite images, there were other "eyes" having a look-see........
edit on 18 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

In his defence, I believe Mr Skipper is a very honorable person seeking the truth.

I dont think there is any nazi "goings on" down there, however I believe there is something "fishy" IS going on down there.

I mean why the smudeing????? wouldnt surpise me that there is some kind of secret space base, or sudo military base there doing soemthing that is highly secret.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So why this thread, why now? Some of the information I came across contained verifiable, highly suspect and unusual items, suggestive of a cover-up being perpetrated by certain national and international groups. I began to suspect that quite possibly, something was ‘down there’, being actively and carefully ‘obfuscated’.
I have to completely agree with this statement. Its something I have been dealing with for some time. Why? Who would go to such lengths to create groups or (secret) societies in order to conceal our ancient history? Who has to gain, or continue to gain, and who looses, or continues to loose?

Added: I believe the key to the whole mystery is lake Vostok, and its 50x oxygen content.

edit on 18-1-2011 by All Seeing Eye because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry, but your over-generalisation of 'that horrid website' is a bit unfair. I've already made my thoughts regarding that site plain, but I'll restate my opinion with some additional clarification just for you: I don't agree with many of his theories (wild speculation), and I don't like his writing/ presentation style (terrible). I also emailed him about something once and got a very snooty response, so all in all I don't especially love the site. However, I do think he draws attention to the FACT that obfuscation is being employed in many of the data sets he deals with - the images are being tampered with; something is being hidden. That's a good start, and for that he gets a
from me.

My imagination is first-rate, being a writer, which is why I'm being careful not to draw around every pattern I see in these images. I'm weighing it up carefully before drawing any attention to any particular aspect.

Seriously though - you don't think it's odd that there are very obvious applications of smudge/ blur/ fuzziness effects all over this otherwise (relatively) highly detailed and (relatively) high resolution image? I know that we can find patterns easily if we look hard enough (pareidolia), but it's not so much the patterns, as the fact that there is something being 'smoothed over' in Antarctica. NB - laughed at the use of the Mars face on the pareidolia Wiki page...

The demarcations between different 'layers' are apparent to all, and unless someone can provide me with a reason why there are unusual (manually applied) image tampering treatments all over these images, then I'll have to stick with my conclusions.

EDIT TO ADD - that other thread you linked (which doesn't have 'striking similarities' at all) is not in the same vein or to the scale I'm jiving about here. I didn't see the things the other thread OP was suggesting, and he was using poor source data anyway. Y'all gave him a hard time though 'eh? Please stop trying to draw false comparisons before half of the details are posted.

I'd prefer it if we could stick to Antarctica and not bring Mars into it for the moment.

reply to post by weedwhacker

And incidentally, your wiki source only detailed flights across Antarctica in the late 70's and earlier. I wouldn't call that 'dating back several decades' (which implies these flights have been ongoing for at least thirty years). Instead, you should have said, 'for a period of around ten years, between the 60's and 70's, a few flights were made across some parts of the Antarctic continent, and some yachts sailed sround parts of it too..'

Anyway - seriously, do you know how big Antarctica is?

Speculation:

Any chance the routes could have been chosen to avoid the more obvious ground locations? Or were these tourism flights stopped because something was seen from the air?

Also possible is that many of these locations weren't visible back then; either because they weren't yet built, or because they hadn't been dug out yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
effectively a double post

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Funnily enough I can't add photos to ATS media at the moment (but can add to facebook etc)... My computer's slowed to a crawl and someone turned up at my house out of the blue when I started working on this thread.

*twitches the curtains*

This image is of the various demarcations and areas of smudge treatment/ blur effects in that last pic - also green boxes highlighting areas of interest:

Well, I would if they'd stop blocking my upload facility...

Damn spooks.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
effectively a double post.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Thanks for the support and interest; I had heard about that lake, though from whom and in what context I'm unsure - I'll have another gander! Please keep dropping by - I'll add more pics as soon as my media upload facility starts working again. I know it seems 'paranoid', but the way it stopped working halfway through this thread has made me a bit suspicious, seeing as it hasn't done this ever, historically. I suppose there's enough keywords in the posts to get the various web-bots jumping around and doing a little dance for their masters...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This thread is a good example of our brains ability to find faces and patterns in noise.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
No better way to make a real thing disappear, than to connect it to something that makes people roll their eyes and sigh in disdain.

Good job. An extra layer of "obfuscation" that isn't on the map.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

I have to completely agree with this statement. Its something I have been dealing with for some time. Why? Who would go to such lengths to create groups or (secret) societies in order to conceal our ancient history? Who has to gain, or continue to gain, and who looses, or continues to loose?

Added: I believe the key to the whole mystery is lake Vostok, and its 50x oxygen content.

edit on 18-1-2011 by All Seeing Eye because: Edit to add

if you cannot answer that question maybe your not meant to know!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
this is just scraping the bottom of the barrel

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkuzzleButt

nice contribution!

2nd.

I note that none of the persons maintaining a 'debunk' stance has actually tried to explain the blatant 'polyp-nodule' obfuscation boundary, which is certainly an effort to cover 'something'...

'Pareidolia' - the magic word with a thousand uses; mainly relating to the need to protect the secrecy agenda.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It's certainly not intended to be an extra layer of obfuscation. Seems we're on the same side here, so if you want to express an opinion related to Antarctica, please feel free. I started with the 'face' because it's just about the weakest aspect of what I found, but I found it quirky if nothing else.

When I can add photos again (no, still can't for some reason), then you'll see that there's some other stuff that seems a bit more 'regular'.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Or, an example of the way that those in positions of power will add layers of 'noise' to imagery that contains indications of extra-ordinary things - strange things, which according to the paradigm shouldn't be there!

I've already made a note about pareidolia, and I've also just mentioned that the face is a quirky aspect of what I found, so less of the repetition would be advantageous.

<<   2 >>

join