It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisia government unveils new freedoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Tunisia unveiled a unity government on Monday to prepare for elections, promising unprecedented freedoms and the release of political prisoners although the ousted president's party retained key posts.

The new authority also put a cost to weeks of turmoil that forced Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to flee Friday after 23 years in power, saying 78 people were killed and the economy had lost 1.6 billion euros (£1.3 billion).

Prime Minister Mohammed Ghannouchi announced that he will remain as head of the transitional government, which will prepare for presidential and parliamentary elections within a maximum of six months.

Prime Minister Mohammed Ghannouchi announced that he will remain as head of the transitional government, which will prepare for presidential and parliamentary elections within a maximum of six months

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I hope the transitional Tunisian government delivers the freedoms promised...or takes them away altogether and establishes a new dictatorship.

But I am also speculative of the exploitation of the 'Jasmine Revolution' for the installation of a pro-globalist puppet government.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Not much of a revolution if the same old pollies still hold key posts as mentioned..
I would of thought a "clean slate" was the best option..

Obviously some of these officials would of been well aware if not involved with what was going on..
And six months till an election? Sounds a long way off..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
People are happier without government, look below.

Look what is going on, good
time's for this man from this day on. skip to 5:08min

How do i capture the video on my HD.

Video description.

Tunisians are plundering.

If you can not see the video. You see an forklift on the road, with on the fork an Ferrari California(yellow).
The man behind the wheel is driving on the street, and when he looks to the camera. He smile's and says ' you know its our money

edit on 18-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

still frame

still frame with smile

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What's the inside on this?

Is this the CIA's work, or is this actually a revolt by the people?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
got the vid working

new topics

top topics

join