It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sal the Cat summoned for jury service in the U.S. and court rules he 'must attend' Read more: htt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
But on the other hand this could turn into a catastrophic ,The person who selected the cat is probably cationic.
B

Are you positive about that? Laugh only if you're a physicist.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

This is not always the case. My mother had a dog named Charlie and the same thing happened to her. The only difference is that she lived in Maryland and short call to the courthouse cleared it up.

I don't know how this happens but it does and it is not always the fault of the owner of the animal.

My guess is that a lazy census worker didn't do his or her job well and this is the result.

But since I have already admitted that I don't know how these things happen, I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is really funny, but I have a question.

How would they have gotten this cat's name from what the owners filled out on their census form? Isn't the information collected in the census supposed to be confidential?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This whole situation is a Cat-tastrophy.
That's right. I went there.

The owners should put the cat outside on that date and if he doesn't make it to the court house that's his problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
But it's a cat. It has no legal standing and is not a citizen. How can anyone legally rule that it must attend jury duty?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I suspect a Conspiracy!

Perhaps "They" have had their eye on Sal and hope to pinch him in possession of Catnip when he shows up for Jury Duty.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
This whole situation is a Cat-tastrophy.
That's right. I went there.

The owners should put the cat outside on that date and if he doesn't make it to the court house that's his problem.

Or there is always the Schrodinger defense.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I remember a news story of someone getting a credit card in there pets name, racked it up good too. They got busted because they used the card. The charges where identitiy theft and credit fraud, not for applying in the dogs name but for using his card.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

www.mass.gov...
www.mass.gov...

If you go here you will see that they have a master list of all people 17 and older who live in Boston. They only way they could get on the jury list is if they listed the cat as a family member on the municipal census or registered the cat to vote. If you read how many steps there are to filter out the problem entries it's a big deal. I suspect these people registered the cat to vote.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Most men let a pussy rule them anyway.....So why not......

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Is it possible that an illegal immigrant has been using that address and the name Sal for themselves? For all we know, Sal the cat could have a 45k credit card debt and a drivers license!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If they let one person out of jury duty, sure enough more people will want to be let out of jury duty. The decision is being held firm, the cat will be responsible for someone being put behind bars or being innocent.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
CNN--- After 200 days of jury deliberations in the capital murder trial of the century, the judge has been forced to dismiss the case. With the jury hung on 11 guilty's and 1 meow, the alleged killer will be set free. ^^

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
well thats trial is obviously nawt guilty... how can a feline put someone in prison? unless its a pussy cat on trial.. Boston? yeah maybe its not a typo

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hey Proto - the nail right on the head, as usual. Its the same here in the UK. I honestly think that if a random survey were conducted, the majority of Brits would reply that "Mens Rea" was a deodourant & "Actus Rea" would be thought to be something like a range of skin-care products by the same company. In fact, since I've now popped this meme out, it wont surprise me if someone does actually manufacture such products!

Possession of a Controlled Drug (cannabis) was 1 of the only things they managed to pin on me, but we also have a delightful piece of legislation called the Public Order Act. My solicitor advised me to plead guilty & take whatever wrist slap I was weighed off with. However, since what I'd actually done was peacefully intervene in circumstances where somebody was getting a proper beating & right then I was on the cusp of becoming the peaceful man I am now, but even 3months earlier I'd have been a lot more likely to knock heads together until all present saw things my way or fled, I was in no mood to accept this advice. So I read the law.

In the preamble, there's a section that stipulates arguments which cannot be accepted as a defence to the various offences listed thereafter. I'm sure you can imagine the fantastic legalese this employs... Boiled right down into plain english, what it actually means is this: "If a UK Police Officer dislikes you & you are in the UK, you are guilty of a criminal offence". Now, I realise that some people reading this will think I'm mistaken or exaggerating: I swear to you all on my nads, I sh# you not.

Just as well I was turning over a new leaf, or I'd have probably felt the need to see that court building in flames for...

cat-harsis!

*I'll get my coat too.*

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by xxcalbier
But on the other hand this could turn into a catastrophic ,The person who selected the cat is probably cationic.
B

Are you positive about that? Laugh only if you're a physicist.
Now, now. No need to be negative! Dyslexia isn't exactly a catastrophy. Still, who knows, maybe s/he was feline a bit wierd... charged with a mission to bring us the muse of baseline state poo-nery!

Like lightning, it strikes anyone @random...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I would take him to the courthouse. I would collect the jury pay and spend it all on cat food and why not ,it is his money.
edit on 1/17/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is hilarious. Heck, I'd take the cat to the court, just for the heck of it, place him in the jury booth, and let the court people look like idiots. Everything for a few moments of entertainment.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Jury duty sucks. I feel sorry for the cat maybe he is related to the cat that can drive cars from the old snl skits. Who know maybe he will make an awesome juror maybe he will hiss at the bad guy and rub up against the leg of the good guy maybe he will poop on the table when the bad guys attorney talking. Maybe they can get him out of it by saying he's not 18 yet and has never voted except of legalize catnip which is already legal. I just want to hear the cat read the verdict lol and the verdict is "meow'
This sounds like the dumbest Hollywood movie ever Mister Boots in jury
edit on 18-1-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join