It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEK (Black Eyed Kids) wikipedia entry deleted???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why this of all other posts that could be deleted? Could it be that this is something TPTB dont want people talking about?? I dont think the BEK phenomenon is just kids with contacts for these reasons: Contacts are very pricy, first you need a prescription, a licensed eye doctor must examine you even IF your eyes are perfect, you need to be examined as the shape and size of everyones eye is different. The full eye black contacts here run about 125-150$ EACH (US). So lets say, 400$ for one pair of contacts... sounds like an expensive prank. Even a 200$ prank is expensive. Just doesnt add up. BEK experiences seem to be a decently known phenomenon that many people have and most stories are similar in most aspects. I was trying to do some more research on wikipedia about them and lo and behold its been deleted?? Heres the link: en.wikipedia.org...

Feel free to post what you know about the BEK phenomenon or experiences you may have had!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

Theres allready many threads on the subject of BEK's
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I first heard of the BEK's here on ATS. And it freaked me out, baby!
I don't know why the entry has been deleted from Wiki, but I suppose it could be a lack of citations. BUt if they deleted that, then why not Mothman or chemtrails? Hmmm. Good question though.

And no, I've not encountered Black Eyed Kids or Mothman.
The whole chemtrail thing is still up in the air though (haha).

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I know theres threads about BEK in general, but not why the wikipedia post has been deleted?? And yeah, why not delete mothman, the loch ness monster or even UFO's for that matter if citation is needed? It just doesnt make sense. I only added to post about your BEK experiences to add more depth to this topic and also hopefully hear some new stories I havent read about yet. Ive researched most threads on here about the subject already

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

How do you know that some wiki user didn't delete it because they thought it was ridiculous? Anyone can edit those things.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
People were nominating it for deletion it looks like???

00:43, 7 November 2010 Courcelles (talk | contribs) deleted "Black Eyed Kids" ‎ (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Black Eyed Kids (3rd nomination))

13:46, 15 August 2007 Walton One (talk | contribs) deleted "Black Eyed Kids" ‎ (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Black Eyed Kids (2nd nomination))

And then it seems one guy tried to restore the wiki subject but after the 3rd nomination it was removed.

19:00, 11 October 2010 Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk | contribs) restored "Black Eyed Kids" ‎ (112 revisions restored: Restoring article for userfication)

If its that easy to remove wiki posts why arent people constantly removing subjects that they dislike? 3 nominations is it?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I first heard of the BEK's here on ATS. And it freaked me out, baby!
I don't know why the entry has been deleted from Wiki, but I suppose it could be a lack of citations. BUt if they deleted that, then why not Mothman or chemtrails? Hmmm. Good question though.

And no, I've not encountered Black Eyed Kids or Mothman.
The whole chemtrail thing is still up in the air though (haha).

Chemtrails has citations, including links to why the conspiracy theory about them started in the first place. Chemtrails are more believable than this.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
reply to post by ZyPHeR

How do you know that some wiki user didn't delete it because they thought it was ridiculous? Anyone can edit those things.

Yes but arent there far more ridiculous things out there that haven't been deleted??

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

Maybe people aren't worried about it because wikipedia is not a reliable source of information by any means. ANYONE can edit the pages there. Therefore, it is unreliable for valid information.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR

reply to post by ZyPHeR

Yes but arent there far more ridiculous things out there that haven't been deleted??

What's more ridiculous than this black eyed kids are scary thing?
edit on 1/16/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

There will be a logical reason it was deleted from wikipedia, such as unreliable information, Biased one sided or fake subject.

Wikipedia deals with "Matter of fact" information, not subjects that are controversial and poorly evidented

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by ZyPHeR

Theres allready a thread on this

Infact there many general threads about this occurance in many foums.

did you even pay attention? all you do is troll ey? he was bringin up its page being deleted.. of course he knows theres threads on this subject. and they one you link to only states, "post you BEK stories" Not "Page Deleted"

your ignorance is eating my soul

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by ZyPHeR

Theres allready a thread on this

Infact there many general threads about this occurance in many foums.

did you even pay attention? all you do is troll ey? he was bringin up its page being deleted.. of course he knows theres threads on this subject. and they one you link to only states, "post you BEK stories" Not "Page Deleted"

your ignorance is eating my soul

Someone just went full on emo...

Anyway, this is a non-issue. If he's so worried about he can make another wikipedia page about black-eyed kids and it'll probably be deleted too.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Okay but theres a lot of stuff on wikipedia that is based on only witness information or even something flimsier... I would think that ghosts, phantoms, shadow people or apparitions are less believable than BEK's

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
These contact lenses are readily available to anyone that wants them in San Francisco at your local smoke shop of all places. Furthermore, as far as pricing goes... has anyone really noticed how far $200 goes these days? Not very. In fact, if you drive a pickup truck like, ohhhh say a Ford, thats the cost of maybe 2 weeks worth of gas... MAYBE.

PLUS! Kids today think nothing of spending that on a pair of jeans or shoes without so much as batting an eye. (pun intended)
edit on 1/16/2011 by FrankieNinja because: Forgot to add that last part

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

A little over the top i would suggest a soothing kit-kat, Define trolling to me, Im quite sure it relates to Your post and not mine.
Please contribute to the post in some way

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Okay but theres a lot of stuff on wikipedia that is based on only witness information or even something flimsier... I would think that ghosts, phantoms, shadow people or apparitions are less believable than BEK's

The words phantom and apparition are synonyms for the word ghost. The ghost and shadow people wiki pages have scientific explanations as for why these events may occur. Did the black eyed children have one? Probably not.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja
These contact lenses are readily available to anyone that wants them in San Francisco at your local smoke shop of all places. Furthermore, as far as pricing goes... has anyone really noticed how far $200 goes these days? Not very. In fact, if you drive a pickup truck like, ohhhh say a Ford, thats the cost of maybe 2 weeks worth of gas... MAYBE.

PLUS! Kids today think nothing of spending that on a pair of jeans or shoes without so much as batting an eye. (pun intended)
edit on 1/16/2011 by FrankieNinja because: Forgot to add that last part

I wonder if these stories started around the time Limp Bizkit was popular. Their guitarist, Wes Borland, wore those big contacts and every idiot kid wanted a pair...including me.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I wonder if these stories started around the time Limp Bizkit was popular. Their guitarist, Wes Borland, wore those big contacts and every idiot kid wanted a pair...including me.

LMAO! Thats right, forgot about him. And no I dont think it did, that was a good while ago rofl. There could be any number of explanations of why people see these BEK's though... from hallucinations to overactive imaginations, to legitimate paranormal activities.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

LMAO! Thats right, forgot about him. And no I dont think it did, that was a good while ago rofl. There could be any number of explanations of why people see these BEK's though... from hallucinations to overactive imaginations, to legitimate paranormal activities.

I think it's a combination of those thing. Although, I think legitimate paranormal activity in this case is a stretch. But who knows really.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join