It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorcha Faal: Intelligence Briefs or Disinformation? How To Tell the Difference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Sorcha Faal: Intelligence Briefs or Disinformation? How To Tell the Difference

theintelhub.com

Before I go into this subject in any great depth, I would first like to deal with Sorcha Faal, otherwise known as David Booth of the CIA. David Booth works within the Central Intelligence Agency in COINTELPRO. Other western intelligence agencies known for using COINTELPRO methods include MI5, MI6, GCHQ, and the think-tank, DEMOS. To be quite blunt, all intelligence agencies have their own COINTELPRO departments.

Here is a picture of “Sorcha Faal” from WhatDoesItMean.com:

She does not exist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

stevebeckow.com...

nd my favorite disclaimer regarding Sorcha Faal being used by a website:

Note:. There is no such person as “Sorcha Faal, Russian academic” “Sorcha Faal” is actually David Booth, an American computer programmer “Sorcha” is alleged to be a Russian academic but there is absolutely no record of anyone with such a name in Russian academia. These periodic eruptions have absolutely no basis in any kind of fact or reality and are typical of the nonsense bespangling the internet. These reports, however, have a good deal of entertainment value. This idiocy is almost as funny as the Scientology cult babblings. Ed.

www.zetatalk.com...

edit on 14-1-2011 by R_Clark because: added other links and info..

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 1/15/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It is about time that someone exposed this... News about Obama, freak Chinese situations, Doom, end of the world senarios of the most bizzarre type... Sorcha is there with the inside info from the Kremlin... That is if you believe in this stuff.

Most of the followers of Conspiracy forums have been either bitten by Faal theories... or fortunately have been saved by our savvy ATS readers who have seen through this..

No matter which way you fall on this issue.. at least the Intel Hub has come out with a 'finally' ... we can see the man behind the curtain...

Now here is what Sorcha Faal, or David Booth, Cointelpro, really looks like:

Enjoy!

theintelhub.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Even though most on ATS are aware of Faal, this was a great piece to share with others.

S&F!

This should be made into a sticky somewhere for all noobs.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The article mentions "GRU". Do they mean FSB Spetsnaz GRU?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am going to copy-paste my comment from the other identical thread. No need to retype it all. ==

That's not how you determine if something is true though.

You determine each claim one at a time, by researching the facts.

If a claim is not verifiable, it is unsubstantiated and rather speculative at best.

Do I believe David Booth is Sorcha Faal? No.
Why?
Because I have no proof to base this on.

Could Faal really be a network of people working for the GRU? Yes it's possible.
Could it be a CIA group? Yes that's possible too.

But please, don't try to tell me that EVERY disinfo website on the internet is CIA. That's totally absurd.

It should be obvious that we are dealing with a mix of many different counter intelligence operations simultaneously all over the place.

Not just the GRU and the CIA either. I am talking the Chinese NSB, British MI6, French DGSE, Israeli Mossad, Indian IB, German BfV, Swedish KSI, etc etc etc.

They are all out in force pushing their agendas.
There is almost no way to tell who is who other than by dissecting their statements, and even that's unreliable at best.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
The article mentions "GRU". Do they mean FSB Spetsnaz GRU?

GRU is the English transliteration of the Russian acronym ГРУ, which stands for "Главное Разведывательное Управление", meaning Main Intelligence Directorate.

The GRU is Russia's largest foreign intelligence agency.[1] In 1997 it deployed six times as many agents in foreign countries as the SVR, which is the KGB intelligence successor. It also commanded 25,000 Spetsnaz troops in 1997

sources

The GRU is actually the main Intelligence Agency in Russia. It is one of the largest and most powerful in the world. It's tentacles spread far and wide and into every nation on Earth. I added emphasis to the excerpts.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In Russia, the FSB currently is operating "Domestic Security".

The SVR handles foreign field operations and intel gathering.

The GRU is more of a clearing house and deals with centralization mostly.
However, the GRU links up with other agencies and performs a host of countless duties, most of them we can only dream about because it's secret.

The Wiki articles explain in detail what types of things each agency performs.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You may be interested in this thread.

And this one with a response from Springer, one of ATS's owners.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
theintelhub.com

For any CP'r worth their salt, this is an important article to read if only to understand just exactly what function COINTEPRO provides. Later on in the piece is an valuable lesson on how Straw Man Arguments get established.

Good find, R_Clark and an S&F for you.
edit on 14/1/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

GRU is mentioned often in Faal articles as a source... and yes.. I guess that is the 'secret' link... deep inside Cointelpro... Do you want a Crackerjack Spy ring with that?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well, I do not see very many Coinintelpro sites claiming that they are getting their info from there. It sort of defeats the purpose. So Faal site saying that GRU is leaking the info to them is sort of illogical. 90 percent of the newbees at ATS fall for this stuff (including me when I first showed up).. then clog up the site with disinfo ... so lets say that we are trying to get people aware to filter out the chaff where ever it comes from..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Good find star and flag for you.

I Was wondering about those articles by Sorcha Faal they kind of reminded me like a secret code or secret message, the way the articles were written just didn't look right.

I did once believed his stories by mistake but that wont happen again.

edit on 15-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
In Russia, the FSB currently is operating "Domestic Security".

The SVR handles foreign field operations and intel gathering.

The GRU is more of a clearing house and deals with centralization mostly.
However, the GRU links up with other agencies and performs a host of countless duties, most of them we can only dream about because it's secret.

The Wiki articles explain in detail what types of things each agency performs.

I know what GRU is. It is a subdivision of the FSB, just like it was under the KGB. It is simply a branch of the Russian intelligence services (now known as FSB). Though you're description of GRU and SVR is correct... but there's also a few other divisions too like OMON.

However, my question was if this Socha Faal chick is referred to as a GRU agent. Obviously I don't believe ANY of this Socha Faal Mossad propaganda bullcrap though, just interested in what she has to say about her connection to GRU.

join