It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Food Chain Stretched to the Limit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

...It's the corporations who destroyed Africa, NOT the indigenous peoples. And it's the corporations who are destroying the earth, not the "population."

As usual Sofi, you are right on, one of the few who seems to see a bigger picture, IMO.

I would like to add to your important distinction about Africa, and how exactly things have come to where we are now. Certainly, many of the same "colonial", and post-colonial forces come into play, and often you can indeed find corporate interests deeply involved, like the East India Company, for example.

And other literally "global" actions taken by a few, that impact the many, in the most accurate sense of the word "criminal".

Regarding Africa specifically, perhaps one of the most criminal actions ever taken against the continent was perpetrated by the former Soviet Union when they diverted the immense Volga River, essentially changing the world's weather drastically. The part of the world most impacted was Africa. A drought descended on this "poor" continent, and they were least able to adjust. The result: Millions dead.

I seem to see a "theme" perhaps in the writings of many depopulationists. They see the Third World as a "plague" (a word chosen by dominicus in this very thread), and they are always ready to cite the seeming worthlessness of these peoples, who can't seem to get their act together. Well, you take away rain that has always been there, and what do you do? How do you grow your crops anymore? How can your goats find grass, that doesn't grow where it did for generations before?

Yes, Africa has "adapted" in many ways, what else could they do? But take a look at the massive toll. Drought which led to famine, which led to political changes, which led to more famine (now caused by intentional diversion of food), which leads to more injustice and death, which finally breaks out into things like genocides and sudden regime changes, that feed the ugly cycle.

Worse, the world sees the situation, and the UN and other projections of Western power then decide it's time to trim the populations even more, and guys like Bill Gates show up with cameras, and begin injecting any indigenous person they can find, who's leaders took bribes. Gates looks like a hero, because he is "helping", meanwhile the injections are vile cocktails designed to do a multi-task job. And if the people manage to reach reproductive age, they are often infertile, because of inoculations that were part of a more sinister elite agenda.

There is a bigger picture. It's not as easy as saying: "People starving equals too many people." I hate to put it that way, because that looks so silly, and yet that seems to be the way many are thinking.

Occasionally someone comes along and points to "real" problems in the face of conventional determinations. People like Gandhi, who saw clearly that something as simple as Indians choosing to use "home-spun", would be hugely powerful, and in the best interests of his people (one small example). These are the kind of thinkers we need to see more of, IMO. Imagine what the giant multinational corporations would be up against if they had to contend with people like Gandhi everywhere they went...

JR

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Considering how much food americans throw away every day, this is a sad statement. I remember my grandmother saving bread crusts so it could be dried and used for other things. When my young daughter threw hers away one day, my grandmother came unglued. After having lived through the depression, the thought of someone throwing away food was sacriligious.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Thanks JR.
...You too - well informed, articulate. S&

Love this one:

Imagine what the giant multinational corporations would be up against if they had to contend with people like Gandhi everywhere they went...

Uh huh. Just imagine. ...No global market, no reason to destroy forests and lakes and oceans.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join