It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Rotation Changes Zodiac Signs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
I'm a goddamn Aries!
Not a goddamn Pisces.
Bloody annoyed not to mention the fact my famil buy commertion gifts at birth,weddings etc of star signs.
I don't care what this one group says, i'm an Aries and always will be.

Spoken like a typical Piscean.

So emotion-driven those Pisces people.

More like a stubborn Aries says the Pisces. Funny - I read a post by another Pisces and they were not at all concerned with the fact that they might be an Aquarius. I thought the same thing when I read the first thread about this.

I don't buy it at all. It is obvious that we are what we are. We share similar traits with people born during a similar time period. Astrology always has been and always will be about the measure of similarity, and the effect the cosmos has on our very existence.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
news.blogs.cnn.com...

Some info that will ease your thoughts. Nothing is changing.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ScRuFFy63

Great article. Explains a lot. Now I guess I should start deciding which is better: Tropical or sidereel?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Saying it is so doesn't make it so.
A geologist saying the sky is made of jelly doesn't make it a jelly sky.
Astronomers might be claiming this but astrologers aren't. Far as I know, the zodiac is more the province if astrology than it is astronomy.
I was born an Aquarian and regardless of what some astronomers claim, an Aquarian I'll remain.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Things are up to many things happening my mind can not take birds, fish, floods, quakes, poles shift, sun flares, politicians and the list goes.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Is Ophiuchus the 13th sign?
No. It’s just a constellation. Even the founding text for Astrology (Tetrabiblos by Claudius Ptolemy written 170 AD only mentions 12 signs.) A few astrologers who practice the controversial sidereal (consellation-based) zodiac use it as the 13th zodiacal sign – and by a few we mean about 1 percent.

Do not worry about the "NEW" zodiac sign.
It only applies to you if you follow Eastern Astrology, Sidereal Astrology
People forget there are various branches of astrology. Most people in Western Culture follow the Zodiac astrology which follows the constellation of the sun and moon. Sidereal astrology follows the constellation of the stars

“Ophiuchus has nothing to do with Astrology,” said expert astrologer Rick Levine. “It’s not an Astrology issue. It has to do with the stars -- it’s not a sign, it’s a constellation.”

www.dailyhoroscope.com...

It's been said that technically Ophiuchus the #13sign has been there all along. I've read that astrologers just don't use it because A) It'll mess up the triplicities and quadrupil...it.ties... (the elements: fire, air, water, earth; and the qualities: cardinal, fixed and mutable). B) It only lasts for 19 days, C) A thirteenth sign would mean there would have to be 13 houses in the Birth Chart, and D) We're already accustomed to the "original" 12 zodiac signs.

zodiacfacts.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
this is a load of crap
I liked being a cancer

interesting though:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

They've known about this for centuries. Stellar drift and the procession of equinoxes are taught in every decent astronomy class.

My personal theory is that the astronomers decided to make this "news" so they could watch the astrologers go nuts over this. Two things to remember about astronomers:
1. They think astrology is bupkus.
2. They often have a lot of free time while they wait for the weather to clear up or for their intended viewing subjects to come into view.

This whole controversy will provide them with weeks of entertainment.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

Hi SlyFox_79, this is my ATS thread on this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SeaWind

top topics

<< 1   >>

join