It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychosis: Mental Illness or Spiritual Awakening?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by RRokkyy

The ONLY EXPLANATION for spiritual consciousness is that of Adi Da, given in The Knee of LIstening

How's that for arrogance?

So what will it take for you to read both books?

According to your theory, Schizophrenia is the same thing as Spiritual Awakening. Therefore if I understand you correctly you
are saying YOU ARE STILL SCHIZOPHRENIC but it is in fact a spiritual awakening you are experiencing not a disease. Because if you are no longer Schizophrenic then you cant be spiritual.

This would explain your reluctance and fear of The Teaching.
You have Spiritual Phobia. Many Schizophrenics seem to have this, just as most ordinary people have it.

I have only read about 2 cures and met only 2 people cured of Schizophrenia. The 2 I met were cured by The Teaching of Adi Da, and the 2 I read about sounded exactly like a spiritual conversion. One is quoted below.

Below quote is from SkyBlueCure

.... Perhaps not everyone can be cured but the fact is that I know from researching the community that almost no one is trying. A cure rate of one (myself) in 400 million in North America demonstrates this point.

People have three parts. The physical body and brain which is like the computer hardware. Then there is the psychological self or personality, and last is the ego or consciousness itself. SZ (schizophrenia) starts out from a defect in the brain or hardware. This causes the ego to be in a state of anxiety or fear due to a loss of intuition of its natural state. The solution is to return or reprogram the soft ware of the Ego to its natural state
of Oneness or Divinity through Real Intelligence.

The Ego is either On or Off. If it is Off it is in a state of confusion or lack of intelligence. The Divine Ego or Reality is
Perfect Intelligence,Perfect Understanding,Perfect Intuition.

Turning the Ego back On to Intelligence or Radical Understanding is much simpler than you can imagine.

Trust me, just dive in.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
but isnt kundalini your "sex drive" "mojo"

and psycosis is not a single state of mind as you like to portrey

and lumping psycosis and schizofrenia as one and the same is very sloppy work , id say yellow journalism in a sence,

i mean just because two mechano blue prints use the same part does not mean the outcome is the same or that they should be read the same way ,

i get what the op is refering to but it just aint that black and blue , im sorry

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Schizophrenia term use 'invalid'

The term schizophrenia should be abolished, experts have said.
They claim the category falsely groups a wide range of symptoms and encourages over-reliance on anti-psychotic drugs rather than psychological intervention.

The academics also said the label stigmatised people as being violent, dangerous and untreatable.
But other scientists said the term should not be scrapped without finding another means of classifying patients with psychosis.

I think the concept is scientifically meaningless, clinically unhelpful and ultimately has been damaging to patients (Richard Bentall)

Schizophrenia represents a complex mental health disorder. Symptoms vary from person to person, but include delusions, hallucinations and disordered perceptions of reality.

Source BBC

I remember very well when this debate was raging 06/07. I particularly enjoyed the erroneous argument that the term should not be scrapped without finding another means of classifying patients with psychos. Ummm I would suggest ‘psychotic’ would fit the bill quite nicely.

I have to congratulate you RRokkyy – you found your path. You found a system that suits you and has helped you beat what has been regarded as an incurable illness/condition against all the odds given the resistance you probably faced on your journey. There is a strength to be admired in that achievement.

You see the excerpt from the article above states that they would want the schizophrenia label abolished because it covers a wide range of symptoms and the label is extremely stigmatic. We are all different. You found your path and I found mine. They both worked for us and that’s what’s important – nothing else. I would be curious to know how long you suffered, if you were ever hospitalised and what medications you were, or still, prescribed.

It’s not people like me you have to convince that there are other ways – it’s the medics, the social workers, the project workers, outreach workers and all the other employees whose jobs depend on you and me staying ‘ill’ for life. Recovery=No Job from their perspective. No drugs = no profits for big pharma. There is a myriad of ways to treat mental illness – none of them are explored or considered by the medics.

The medics appear to rely on every source of information available to them apart from the most obvious – their patients.

At yet another talk I attended the speaker was a recently retired psychiatrist who stated that all through his career patients had spoken about their voices as being ‘spirits’. He said he had always wondered if this could be true and post retirement he took to hypnotising voice hearing schizophrenics, imagining themselves filled with light – and then to seek out any areas of shadow or darkness within their body. He labelled this shadow – the source of the voice – and called it forth. Ask the shadow why it was haunting his patient – get an explanation and ask it to leave. After this process he claimed the patients suffered no more from hearing voices.

‘Any questions?’ he asked. I stuck my hand up and asked if following his experiment these patients now no longer required to take meds. Um um um. Of course they did – no matter what they had been addicted to these drugs – coming off them could have induced a psychosis. What a horrible man he was. He took the money and did his employers bidding – all the while personally adhering to a different belief system. A con man through and through.

I trained in hypnotherapy many years ago. I was taught one on one by a doctor in return for me helping him type his book. I know well the power of the subconscious and belief systems to heal and to harm.

I am not ‘still schizophrenic’ – and I don’t believe I EVER was schizophrenic despite the label. If you look at the books used to train psychiatrists they state that ‘like breeds with like’ and I believe it was my association with my partner which led to the hasty application of the label.

I DID have psychotic breaks – I didn’t harm anyone or myself – as most don’t despite the assertions made in the post by Advantage who cited the most extreme case on record (my partner has never harmed self or anyone else either and he’s been going through this rot since the lat 70’s) – but I did lose touch with this reality and could certainly not care for my children. Oh but the treatment I received was 10 times more traumatising than the psychosis itself.

Even now I meet young men in particular (late teens usually) who, after initial embarrassment explaining why they are not at work tell me, while blushing and stammering that ‘they’re not very well.’ I ask what’s wrong – and after some more embarrassment they tell me they’re diagnosed schizophrenic (the word scares them). I give them a wide grin, hold out my hand and shake theirs. I say pleased to meet you, so am I, or if you prefer psycho manic depressive. My body is fully recovered from the poison I ingested and I don’t look mentally ill or damaged in way. I am fit and healthy. I also hold a responsible job and ran my own business until recently when I passed it on to one of my employees – to all around I seem a very together person – I am.

Their shoulders relax and they smile back. I tell them I hope they realise that sticks and stones will break their bones but names will never hurt them. Then I ask what (street) drugs they were taking prior to hospitalisation and I generally get a full menu in response. I ask if their parents knew about this at the time – and they never ever have. Not in one case.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I have to congratulate you RRokkyy – you found your path. You found a system that suits you and has helped you beat what has been regarded as an incurable illness/condition against all the odds given the resistance you probably faced on your journey. There is a strength to be admired in that achievement.

You see the excerpt from the article above states that they would want the schizophrenia label abolished because it covers a wide range of symptoms and the label is extremely stigmatic. We are all different. You found your path and I found mine. They both worked for us and that’s what’s important – nothing else. I would be curious to know how long you suffered, if you were ever hospitalised and what medications you were, or still, prescribed.

It’s not people like me you have to convince that there are other ways – it’s the medics, the social workers, the project workers, outreach workers and all the other employees whose jobs depend on you and me staying ‘ill’ for life. Recovery=No Job from their perspective. No drugs = no profits for big pharma. There is a myriad of ways to treat mental illness – none of them are explored or considered by the medics.

The medics appear to rely on every source of information available to them apart from the most obvious – their patients.

I am not ‘still schizophrenic’ – and I don’t believe I EVER was schizophrenic despite the label.
I DID have psychotic breaks –

I believe I was SZ from birth to 25 (now 60) until I read The Knee of LIstening. It runs in my relatives.
Never hospitalized. I was diagnosed at about 18 and given Thorazine and Librium for anxiety. I found that if stopped drinking coffee and tea I didn't need the Librium. Then I discovered if I took mega doses of vitamins I didn't need the Thorazine. And I was starting to develope tardive dyskinesia so I was lucky I stopped taking it.

It took one week of reading The Knee of LIstening and The Method of the Siddhas to change my consciousness.But it took me ten years of suffering to find those books. That moment of change can be described as an incredible rush,WOW! One moment I was in this lower state of SZ,fearful and anxious, and the next moment I was in this Blissful Energy Ecstasy State feeling a sense of unity with everything. I was Born Again to use Christian terminology. It was a spiritual,not religious,conversion. It lasted about 2 hours and then I fell back into that state of SZ,fearful and anxious. I tried to get back into that Blissful state but I couldnt because it is a State of Grace. It is freely given but you cannot take it. It is a state of sacrifice of self attention. It is the beginning state of God consciousness. So I read the books again and the next day I made that sacrifice again Spontaneously and Fell into that State of Grace again. This time it lasted maybe 4 hours until I fell out. Each time it lasted longer and longer until after perhaps 6 months it became permanent.

I got to see Adi Da in 1979 and He transmitted His Shaktipat (spiritual force-kundalini) to me on several occasions. It was an Awesome experience.
All was not well however, I had 18 Mercury amalgam fillings which were causing severe depression and I did not know that. I only got them out in 2004 and have been recovering since then.

So to me SZ is the opposite of spiritual awakening,
just as fear is the opposite of love. I still dont know
what is your path. Is it vitamins and nutrition. I have had some psychotic like depressive states,mostly due to a combination of mercury poisoning and prozac,luvox,zonegram combinations. But my knowledge is SZ. And I dont believe that hallucinations ,auditory or visual,delusions,or paranoia are what defines SZ. People on '___' may experience those states but they may be in a very spiritual state of oneness. The Essence of SZ is a feeling of separation along with anxiety and fear.

It is written in the Upanishads that as soon as an other is noticed there is fear. So the core of the Ego is Fear. The more separate you make yourself the more Fearful you become. Spirituality is about transcending this Fear.

Adi Da is the only Teacher who has ever explained
this in simple terms. He is the only who could explain
it to me. He is the only one who can explain it to the
Schizophrenic. But strangely they dont seem interested and prefer to simple call themselves spiritual while continuing to suffer.
Schizophrenia is a Spiritual Disorder.
Ordinary consciousness is a Spiritual Disorder without obvious symptoms.
Schizophrenia is a Spiritual Disorder with symptoms.Schizophrenia and Psychosis are Fear

8,000 people have seen my video yet
sadly I have been unable to convince any SZs to read two free books.
I cant convince you.
But I did try.
Narcissus prefers to suffer.

There is no way I could explain this to
a mental health professional. These
concepts would be incomprehensible to them.

edit on 15-1-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
People should be careful of speaking in absolutes. I'm sure there are cases where a person suffering from "schizophrenia" was really experiencing a spiritual experience. And then I'm sure there are times (probably most of them) when a person is simply mentally ill.

Unless we discuss the facts, case by case, I don't think there is any way to definitively answer this question.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Never hospitalized. I was diagnosed at about 18 and given Thorazine and Librium for anxiety. I found that if stopped drinking coffee and tea I didn't need the Librium. Then I discovered if I took mega doses of vitamins I didn't need the Thorazine. And I was starting to develope tardive dyskinesia so I was lucky I stopped taking it.

Chlorpromazine or thorazine (largactil in Europe) is probably the worst substance possible to give a person who is already suffering. That stuff caused me great physical pain, stopped me from sleeping, affected my ability to breathe, my heart beat became erratic, stopped my monthly cycle, and I could no longer go out in the sun due to the photosensitivity. I wasn’t comfortable in my own skin. I suffered ‘restless legs’ and used to admire people who could sit in a chair for 5 minutes because I couldn’t. Again it doesn’t do what it says on the tin. Did the medics ever realise that my mind was still racing, my thoughts still confused – it was simply that I could no longer speak and was traumatised by a body no longer behaving in a way I recognised. I love to read – I couldn’t do that because it affected my vision and messed with my concentration. That stuff may be useful in the very short term but they had a tendency to prescribe it for life. It was the sleeping pills and stodgy hospital food that 'cured' me.

My discomfort was nothing compared to my son’s father. I have wept sometimes witnessing his pain. He was a very handsome man and a keen sportsman. He lost his hair, his teeth, his weight fluctuated erratically, his skin became dry, taught and irritated, his joints became stiff, his walk robotic (no more sport), he over salivated, and again he could not read. As a writer and sportsman – they took away his core.

It took one week of reading The Knee of LIstening and The Method of the Siddhas to change my consciousness.But it took me ten years of suffering to find those books. That moment of change can be described as an incredible rush,WOW! One moment I was in this lower state of SZ,fearful and anxious, and the next moment I was in this Blissful Energy Ecstasy State feeling a sense of unity with everything. I was Born Again to use Christian terminology. It was a spiritual,not religious,conversion.

I have taken a look at the book, but it will take time to read. If it could have such a positive effect on you it would likely do the same for others. I would direct them to it if I thought it would help. If the people you have referred to it are still on meds maybe they simply can’t physically read it.

I got to see Adi Da in 1979 and He transmitted His Shaktipat (spiritual force-kundalini) to me on several occasions. It was an Awesome experience.

Could you please describe that experience in a little more detail?

So to me SZ is the opposite of spiritual awakening,
just as fear is the opposite of love. I still dont know
what is your path. Is it vitamins and nutrition. I have had some psychotic like depressive states,mostly due to a combination of mercury poisoning and prozac,luvox,zonegram combinations. But my knowledge is SZ. And I dont believe that hallucinations ,auditory or visual,delusions,or paranoia are what defines SZ. People on '___' may experience those states but they may be in a very spiritual state of oneness. The Essence of SZ is a feeling of separation along with anxiety and fear.

I honed in on psychosis not schizophrenia as being spiritually connected. I am of slim build and carry very little body fat. When some people are stressed they comfort eat others simply cannot eat. I’m in the latter category. My throat closes and tightens and I cannot swallow. Because of the lack of body fat my body goes into starvation mode, I cannot sleep, my mind goes into survival mode – and I start to overproduce progesterone - this presents as psychosis.(This info came from a psychiatrist) The subconscious controls our survival mechanisms. When I said to my psychiatrist that the psychosis had been like my subconscious coming to the fore while my conscious mind was sidelined he said this was a very good way of describing it.

So cutting down on a lot of the stress factors has helped me (realising that I am no superwoman), ensuring my diet is full of the correct nutrients and getting enough sleep. (6-7 hours seems to be my optimum).

I know how to induce psychosis (in myself) – I would simply not eat or sleep for a couple of days. It would make most people a bit racy and weird. I have no wish to do so – it would traumatise my, now adult, children.

Courtesy of the NHS we have no need for health insurance and in my area we have more psychiatric beds than anywhere else in the country. The 3 hospitalisations I experienced altogether took over a year of my life over a 5 year period (each lasting 4-5 months). Each hospitalisation required a year of recovery – recovery from the treatment not the psychosis. (They really ought to be more careful of the staff they employ in these places – the docs don’t tend to see it – but one bad apple on the staff, even among the auxiliary staff can ruin any good work that is actually being done. Some staff like to ‘play’ with psychotics for amusement). It was following the final hospitalisation that I began to read about alternative theories of what I had experienced and discovered the concept of kundalini.

Why would I possibly want to induce psychosis? As I said to the psychiatrist during an outpatient appointment – this is not all negative there are some positives of a spiritual nature to this experience. He started to get very interested in what I had to say, at which point I told him that his office was not the appropriate forum to discuss such matters and that I would save what I had to say for my church minister. (I am not a Christian I was simply making the point.)

I experienced ‘perfect memory syndrome’, ‘acute hearing’, visual hallucinations, synchronicity, and that sense of ‘oneness’ and a massive sense of love. My mind was extremely sharp as was my sense of humour (my son said I could have been on the stage). I saw patterns and connections everywhere – then my mind continued making connections where there were none. I slept hardly at all for 2 weeks – and unlike taking an '___' or mushroom trip – there was no end in sight. By this time it was becoming frightening for me and those around me.

I don’t want to make this post any longer than it is so I’ll stop it here for now.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cesearesque

Originally posted by Cesearesque
People should be careful of speaking in absolutes. I'm sure there are cases where a person suffering from "schizophrenia" was really experiencing a spiritual experience. And then I'm sure there are times (probably most of them) when a person is simply mentally ill.

Unless we discuss the facts, case by case, I don't think there is any way to definitively answer this question.

My point is about the psychotic experience and the similarities to the spontaneous kundalini awakening experience. I'm perfectly aware that one cannot generalise and for any number of reasons some people are just unwell. However, I seriously question the fact that mental 'illness' is caused by genetics or has a root biological cause which can only be treated by mind altering drugs. The genetic argument can equally be explained by the social model and learned behaviours. If you have only ever witnessed family conflict handled with aggression - how would you know anything otherwise? And that aggression creates trauma. One patient I was hospitalised with for apparent psychosis actually had Huntington's disease which would eventually kill him.

As I've said if you have emotional probs see a psychologist. If you have brain probs see a neurologist. There is no place in modern medicine imo for psychiatry.

Someone on this thread has even mentioned psychopathic and sociopathic as a part of this argument...conditions of non-feeling, whereas schizophrenia and psychosis are the result of too much feeling. They are polar opposites.

People who have suffered psychosis talk to me in ways that they would not talk with their doctors, or even members of their family who just believe them to be 'ill', and so I have had the opportunity of comparing experiences.

Advantage's post, while citing the most extreme cases of psychosis and poo pooing my perspective, did say that a curious factor of the psychotics they have seen is that God, religion and spirituality did play a large part in many of the cases they had seen in the ER.

In the OP I posted a vid about psychological experiments of the past 100 years. The presenter took a psilocybin trip while having a brain scan. The scan showed that the part of the brain that gives us our sense of self, our sense of individuality has a reduction in blood flow/activity. With this filter closed he experienced a sense of 'oneness' - just as I did during psychosis.

I have also taken psilocybin - as a teenager, and as an adult (in Amsterdam where it is legal) post psychosis - and know the experiences are similar. Thing is I was always aware I had consumed a substance to create this experience and therefore knew it would end.

I have met people who have been practicing yoga for years and when they've heard of my psychotic experiences have exclaimed 'that's what I'm trying to experience.' Maybe they could handle it because they've been training themselves what to expect - maybe the energy rush would be just too much for them. I haven't yet described the hallucinations I experienced - they weren't scary. (I was always aware they were emanating from me) but they were life changing in a positive way.

edit on 16-1-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

However, I seriously question the fact that mental 'illness' is caused by genetics or has a root biological cause which can only be treated by mind altering drugs.

There is a significant genetic influence in mental diseases. Take a pair of identical twins for example, if one of them develops schizophrenia then the chance of the other twin developing it is 1 in 2! Compared to 1 in 100 of non related people and 1 in 10 if the parent suffers.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Are you in training Griffo? If so, in what field? I did ask if the images you posted are pre medicated schizophrenic brains or post medicated? Does your textbook tell you?

I also listed a whole list of other reasons that they'think cause schizophrenia which are all as valid as the one you adhere to. That list notes that whereas there are some differences in some schizophrenic brains - that is not the case with all of them. That fact alone invalidates your textbook's theory.

It was identical twins who were used as an example of the 'too much fluid on the brain' hypothesis I have already mentioned. How many identical schizophrenic twins have been studied? Do you know?

Any medical tests to tell if schizophrenia is present? Do you know?

Any tests to determine the correct chemical balance of the brain? Do you know?

Earlier in this thread I posted,

One of my clients was a psychiatrist. He wrote a book early in the 1980's. Translated into 38 languages and with 2 revisions it is still used to train psychiatric nurses to this day. He says his book is a load of BULL. It was early in his career and he simply jumped on the bandwagon of popular thinking of the time....he freely admitted - to further his career. He now says 'it's the way people have been treated that causes the disturbance.' He gave an example of one of his patients who was kept under lock and key by her mother for all of her 16 years, only released when her mother died. Unable to cope with the 'normal' world or to socially interact normally (perfectly understandable to everyone I would hope - psychiatry failed to, and diagnosed her schizophrenic.

That book is centred on the bio-medical model (and no I don't know the title nor his name....but I will research to prove my point if need be.) He lives not far from me.

Psychiatry's mind is closed - don't make the same mistake. Listen to people who have been there and come out the other side - that is psychiatry's biggest error - failure to listen and a penchant for 'observing'.

'Psychiatry is to medicine what astrology is to astronomy.' -- Leonard Roy Frank

Google Video Link

This vid, 'Whatever Happened to Our Dreams of Freedom', describes how psychiatry concocted a list of, so called, psychiatric symptoms for the sake of conformity. This list deliberately ignored causes of a patients' distress and essentially catagorised 50% of the UK pop. as being mentally ill while they merrily ran/run around sticking ludicrous labels on what are, in fact, normal human reactions to generally extraordinary circumstance.

It was about control NOT care.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Could you please describe that experience in a little more detail?

I honed in on psychosis not schizophrenia as being spiritually connected. When I said to my psychiatrist that the psychosis had been like my subconscious coming to the fore while my conscious mind was sidelined he said this was a very good way of describing it.

I know how to induce psychosis (in myself) – I would simply not eat or sleep for a couple of days.
It was following the final hospitalisation that I began to read about alternative theories of what I had experienced and discovered the concept of kundalini.

Why would I possibly want to induce psychosis? As I said to the psychiatrist during an outpatient appointment – this is not all negative there are some positives of a spiritual nature to this experience.

I could look into your eyes and in one second I would know if you are spiritual or psychotic or schizophrenic.
Here is a clinical view of Kundalini.Somewhat useless.
www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com...
There is no vision or sound or thought or idea, that is either spiritual or psychotic/SZ.

What determines the nature of the experience is whether you are in the Witness point of view.

A psychotic person may have a thought of a butterfly and think he is literally the thought. The spiritual state of consciousness does not identity itself with the thinking brain which is simply Witnessed as something arising.
The Spiritual point of view is the Witness point of view. God is the Witness. There is no identification with anything that is arising. There is only the endless contemplation of Love/Bliss.
The psychotic person is not in the Witness point of view. If you are in the Witness point of view you can not be psychotic. That does not mean you can not hallucinate or have all the Kundalini experiences.

The Kundalini is not all of the spiritual process. The Divine Heart or Divine Self (not heart chakra) is senior to the Kundalini. One need not experience the Kundalini prior to Realization (as I understand it).

Adi Da had the look of Infinity in His Eyes. He did not appear to be an Other. The experience was not lacking anything. I felt a tremendous electric like energy descend my spine, making my weak nerves so overpowered that it was difficult to stand. I was in the presence of God.

edit on 16-1-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If you people think you are smart enough to avoid doctors, then go right ahead and ignore their advice. See how far your beliefs of "spiritual awakenings" get you. Why something spiritual would manifest itself physically is beyond me, but go for it. Stop thinking that you are special and actually get help. You don't have to always take medication. Counseling is just as fine. Really though, coming to these boards and thinking that you are "special" and are "ascending" is retarded. Get help. These ascension crap is nothing but New Age # that is taking you way from the truth. Sir Francis Bacon never had these symptoms. Saint Germain never had these symptoms. These are all supposedly symptoms of "illuminated" people. Seriously?

For the record, there are NO crazy Tibetan monks. That is enough proof for me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

I've been successfully ignoring doctors' advice for more than a decade lol....they have me sit on boards to give them advice.

No-one's saying they think they're special. It's not been recorded once on this thread. What has been recorded is that any of this could happen to ANYONE. So hey - we're all special. aaaah.,..I don't need a doc and I certainly don't need counselling - I need to eat well and sleep well. Ascention? - what the hey?

Have you ever met a Tibetan monk? I was hospitalised with a christian monk - beautiful man. not crazy just full of love...but then I met him toward the end of his hospitalisation and didn't see him initially.

You seem to assume people who lead a spiritual life don't have any other probs. That's a bit narrow minded isn't it?

Why are you so bitter? Come on tell us about it....maybe we can make you feel 'better'.

edit on 17-1-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

lol, they used gang stalking for 19 years since school to try and drive me up the wall. This was organised by police and uk gov, who claimed i was this and that. Guess what, i have never committed a crime, and these people are just wannabe murderers.

I am me and you are you, and my life has nothing to do with anyone outside my family, and certainly nothing to do with wannabe murderers like police and gov, that could not stand it i did not want what they want.

My life is mine, and not someone elses to decide.

There is one group of loons, and this is who organises gang stalking, and terrorises people for no reason, in the name of having a great laugh while trying to murder them.

If people perve into my life like the uk gov did and are always wrong, i will never listen to them. Why should i listen to people that are always wrong?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I'm a pharmacology student in my third (and final) year; I plan on going for a masters and a Ph.D too after I've finished that. Also I never mentioned if the structural changes was present in 100% of cases.

I am aware that there are other theories as to why it develops, I was just listing the ones that have a fair bit of evidence to back them up (pharmacologically speaking). As we progress in the field of medicine, we will find out more and more answers. Hopefully some time in the near future we will determine the exact cause of schizophrenia. I have no idea how many identical twins have been studied, I don't know why that's relevant.

There is no medical test for schizophrenia, the only way to diagnose someone is to interview the person or members of his/her family to see if they have any of the symptoms. The more of them that person has, the more likely they are to have schizophrenia. After that the doctor can perform a ct/mri of the brain to see if there are any other changes to the structure of the brain (i.e. similar to the pictures I posted previously), this rules out any other possible diseases.

Similarly there is no chemical test to determine the cause of chemical imbalance of the brain (that's not to say we won't discover one in the future)

'Psychiatry is to medicine what astrology is to astronomy.' -- Leonard Roy Frank

I presume by this you mean that psychiatry is a load of nonsense?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I've seen plenty of Christian crazies, but the Tibetan ones always elude me.

I'm saying none of these "symptoms" have been in any spiritual texts.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Throwback because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

What are you talking about? I'm lost. Doctors aren't always wrong if that's what you're saying. No one's out to get you. That's just me guessing though.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Cool, I'm applying to pharmacy school this year.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback

I've seen plenty of Christian crazies, but the Tibetan ones always elude me.

I'm saying none of these "symptoms" have been in any spiritual texts.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Throwback because: (no reason given)

Ezekiel 8:1 In the sixth year, in the sixth month on the fifth day, while I was sitting in my house and the elders of Judah were sitting before me, the hand of the Sovereign LORD came upon me there. 2 I looked, and I saw a figure like that of a man. … The Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven and in visions of God he took me to Jerusalem, to the entrance to the north gate of the inner court, where the idol that provokes to jealousy stood. 4 And there before me was the glory of the God of Israel, as in the vision I had seen in the plain.
5 Then he said to me,…

Hallucinations and voices.

Ezekiel 9:1 Then I heard him call out in a loud voice, “Bring the guards of the city here, each with a weapon in his hand.”

Voices

Numbers Chapter 12
6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

Delusions of grandeur

Genesis Chapter 15
1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Hallucinations and voices

Luke Chapter 1
22 And when he came out, he could not speak unto them: and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple: for he beckoned unto them, and remained speechless.

Hallucinations and secondary symptoms

Acts Chapter 9
12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

Delusion, hallucination

Daniel Chapter 7
15 I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.

Hallucinations

Numbers Chapter 24
16 He hath said, which heard the words of God, and knew the knowledge of the most High, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open:

Audio hallucinations and visual hallucinations

Acts Chapter 9
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

Hallucination, audio hallucination and group hallucination

Acts Chapter 10
9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

Voices, hallucinations, audio hallucinations that he talked backed to.

Isaiah Chapter 6
1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

Hallucinations

Try again Throwback....that's a fraction of mentions in the Bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join