It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Was it Obama who said all forums like ATS etc have 'nut jobs' so to speak? Either way I am expecting a lot of changes on the net and how we access information.

Good day and I hope this tragedy comes to an end.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
We just do not have enough information at this time to draw conclusions. One contributing factor though, is HATE radio. HATE radio incites nuts to commit cold blooded murder. We as a nation, have to learn to be civil again, and reject the HATERS.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
This Jared guy has ruined it for all of us, I'm afraid.

I think we can kiss this site goodbye in a couple of months. It looks like there's going to be a crackdown on conspiracy theorists.

I might have to leave this site and start going to mtv.com instead...and listen to some Diddy Dirty Money.

I was thinking the same thing! We are yet waiting to see who is going to get most profit out of it all...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I certainly don't think Palin intentionally instigated this murder, but it certainly was irresponsible of her to have that "target" graphic. Some of her comments over the last couple of years have been suggestive and irresponsible as well. She is well loved and highly influential over her followers and there are crazies like this guy in Arizona that will take the things Palin says/implies literally. Is Palin responsible? I don't know....perhaps on some level.

I do know a certain someone who has been sitting in jail for decades. A person who was loved and was highly influential over their followers. A person who never committed a murder, yet their followers did. Is Palin any less guilty?
edit on 9-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
We just do not have enough information at this time to draw conclusions. One contributing factor though, is HATE radio. HATE radio incites nuts to commit cold blooded murder. We as a nation, have to learn to be civil again, and reject the HATERS.

You rejected your own premise of not having enough information and then you draw conclusions and actually state it as fact....odd.

It is great to see people use this senseless murder to fulfill their desires; whatever they may be.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Thats like saying the gun shop he bought the glock 19 at is responsible! No palin has NOTHING to do with this.. Thats crazy partisan talk..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterCrowley

While I have the same line of thinking that people are taking a lot out of context, especially when they infuse an unrelated issue such as what a candidate stated in a different state about a totally different person. It will be used to try and bolster their arguments.

That is the connection they want. Since it is what they want, they will believe the connection to be true. In my opinion a lot of what is being connected is eerily similar to the disconnected ramblings of this troubled kid that shot the people.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They are interviewing a former high school student that knew this individual. They had played in the school band together. She stated he was never mean to anyone or that his views were normal or typical of a student. She stated that she read some of his recent blogs and said she could not believe this was the same person she had known from school.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sorry i havent been 'up to date' with what's going on in this case, but here's what i find VERY interesting and i'm not sure if it has been mentioned on here....but, the 9 year old girl...that was shot and killed....was born on September 11, 2001. Now, how is that for coincidence?

Here i am, watching ESPN, when the broadcaster just mentioned that. She is also the grand-daughter of ex-MLB coach Dallas Green.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Here we go again with the "lone nut" thing.

Is this guy Jared a manchurian candidate? Who knows, but I'm always suspicious when they say "lone nut." We've been through this many times before since JFK was gunned down by professional snipers, just my opinion.

MK-ULTRA?

www.examiner.com...
edit on 9-1-2011 by switching yard because: add link

The FBI are seeking a second person that was apparently there with the shooter. This might be more akin to the D.C. snipers or Columbine than a lone nut scenario. Could the other suspect be his MK-ULTRA handler?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I was checking the origin of her name. In one site I saw on top of the family Gifford Coat of Arms, an inscription or motto, I think in latin. It was translated as :

"I would rather die than be disgraced".

Souce : houseofnames.com...

With respect.

With all respect, most of these "Coat of Arms" Internet sites similar to the one you linked to is nothing more than an American business sham to make American families feel a bit more important about themselves. By buying products/a fairytale which "supposedly" is associated with their family name and get an invented beautiful story about the "origin" of their family attached to their family name.

You can enter whatever name you want and Voilà! everybody are suddenly from great noble heritage & European nobility, and you can now buy their invented story & products - and get your own family's FAKE coat of arms!

It's just a ridiculous business sham really!

I repeat, that site is not correct if you want to do serious research about the origin of family names, heraldry & coat of arms, European nobility etc etc!

On Topic:

What an awful & terrible tragedy! I feel sad for the families who lost their loved ones in this shooting rampage yesterday.

It's sad and disturbing that one mentally ill person and a madman can end the lives of so many innocent people in just a few seconds, and it was especially sad to read that a young 9 y.o little girl was among these victims.

Very sad and disturbing news indeed!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley
reply to post by Aggie Man

Thats like saying the gun shop he bought the glock 19 at is responsible! No palin has NOTHING to do with this.. Thats crazy partisan talk..

Partisan talk? I mentioned no political affiliation. I mentioned an individual. An irresponsible, inflammatory individual.The difference between the gun shop in your scenario and Palin is that Palin has a "cult" following. Palin spews irresponsible rhetoric that could set off the crazy individual. Gun shops have no cult following, they don't spew veiled, suggestive messages of violence.

Regardless, my previous post did not say she had anything to do with this massacre, I was merely making a comparison.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It takes just ONE phone call from an American Politican for a website to get shut down instantly - no due process, no arrests, no charges, no court hearing!

That ONE phone call puts pressure on banking institutions and companies who process funds

I can see it now, eventually advertisers who run ads on any websites who come into question feeling pressure and have their ads taken down, end of business, end of funding

DOJ can issue subpeonas to; Internet Providers, Companies who host Servers, Google, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Free Email companies like Yahoo, MSN, GMail etc and any other social networking, or forums requesting:

* specifically for names of those attached to selected accounts
* user and screen names
* and any registered mailing or postal addresses
* email addresses
* credit card details where possible
*and even content relating to connected mobile phones

* Server logs which could identify the computer and geographical location of where even private messages were sent from have also been ordered to be handed over

Recently we can note that Twitter contacted their Clients of subpeonas issued, however Google & Facebook have not notified their clients

Dont believe me?

Its happening right now!

Bloggers and independent journalists and writers wondered a long time ago if at any time they could be shut down/removed, they now know as of December 2010 that can happen, just like that

They now acknowledge they can NOT rely on a private company to host them anymore and have to opt for an alternative route, which many are working on

It can happen to any one of us, you dont even have to be a citizen of the USA, you can be a tax paying citizen in another country and are subjected to a US DOJ subpeona, If you are seen as some kind of threat or political dissent, or someone who supports some one or organisation the government doesnt like

Interestingly enough Politicans who cite indirectly (yet directly) for illegal conduct are NOT under investigation in the USA
edit on 9-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

link   
A good post here relating to this:

The Censorship of Madmen

link   
No, shame on YOU and your cronies for hating conservatives so much you start pointing fingers at Palin and the Tea Party.

You and your "it's Palin/TeaParty's fault" cronies apparently don't have a clue as to what a metaphor is. And you have all shown yourselves to be so hate filled with anything Palin/TeaParty/Conservative that you throw reason, logic, and common sense out the window to line up and point fingers without a shred of evidence.
What a bunch of freaking, pathetic idiots. You must feel pretty stupid to learn that the shooter is a lefty.

BTW, I'm not a Palin fan or a TeaParty member. I am disgusted by people such as you who are so ready to point fingers at someone you hate without a shred of evidence.

Originally posted by pmexplorer
Shame on you Sarah Palin and your cronies.

6 innocent people killed.

If Palin has called for the woman to be "removed" using campaign literature that highlights her name with a crosshair target, then I maintain my right to accuse her of having blood on her hands.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
You and your "it's Palin/TeaParty's fault" cronies apparently don't have a clue as to what a metaphor is. And you have all shown yourselves to be so hate filled with anything Palin/TeaParty/Conservative that you throw reason, logic, and common sense out the window to line up and point fingers without a shred of evidence.
What a bunch of freaking, pathetic idiots. You must feel pretty stupid to learn that the shooter is a lefty.

There was never an argument presented such as you state. It was not "Do not say such things because we do not know what a metaphor is." The argument has been, long before this incident, that there are in fact people out there that do not know what a metaphor is. There are people out there that have lost touch with reality. The argument was that this kind of language is not something we want you putting out to THEM. There is no reason for so much talk about using guns to get your way in the US from any politician. Let's just hope this is not an example of exactly what people have been warning about. Someone with a loose grip on reality that does not know how to take a metaphor.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

That's the same thing i thought, when i first heard it on ESPN. What are the chances...that this girl...would be born on 9/11/01. I mean, these people are really going to the well...a little too much. Dont cha think? They must really believe people are STUPID. And maybe, they're right!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Hardly doubt it. Julian Assange is the puppet being used by the authorities so that they can restrict public use of the Internet.

There is nothing really special about this guy. The only special thing everyone react to, is that he killed a bunch of people yesturday. No one cared much about this guy before he did that. Not even his own community or the American society.

Restricting the use of the Internet because of what this guy did. Will not cure any of the others that are already just like him.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

That is one brilliant and comprehensive profile you have worked up. Nice Job....

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Minutes ago: (2:13 PM Mountain Time)

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Officials at University Medical Center have confirmed that U.S. Rep Gabrielle Giffords is alive. She is out of surgery. Doctors are optimistic about her chances of recovery.

www.kgun9.com...

The Congresswoman (thankfully) appears to be alive. Condition still unclear.

Should you not update the OP? People who enter the thread will still think she died...Just a suggestion.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join