It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Looking at his videos and then learning he shot a 9 year old girls says

EPIC FAIL!

Did he just run up in to Safeway with his eyes closed shooting blind? I mean how do you go to all the trouble to assassinate some politicians on some grandiose vigilante here to save you all then.... shoot a child? Had he not shot the child he might actually have some sympathy or gain potential pen pals while in prison. Something just does not seem right, MKULTRA comes to mind... the very mind con troll he speaks of. Maybe that was the point, to make it appear that he was under mind control and shooting the child would ruin any credence to what he preached of before this. I don't know, he seemed pretty bright yet managed to shoot a 9 year old on the most important day of his life.

WTF?

Then again he was probably after all just a psychotic trying to find a reason to kill, this would justify his impulses. He may have blacked out from the adrenaline rush and tried to shoot everything that moved. Like when you get in to a fight, you just end up swinging without even thinking. None the less this gives the PTB another lame excuse for gun control. The guy had all the signs, boasted about his plans out in the open a cry for help? Yet the NSA who monitors these things, homeland security turned on def ears?

You never know

Until we get confirmation of how exactly the child was shot. I go for "clean through". Bigger calibers like 9mm NATO(Or 5mm hi-vel rounds) will go clean through when close enough. The person behind the "clean through" will, however get the tumbling bullet slammed into him/her, with horrific internal damage that even a dum-dum isn't capable of inflicting. That's the biggest killer if people start balling away in a crowded place with hi-vel ammo.

Not sure about the Glock though. My experience is limited to 1911 ACP, FN GP and Walther P5 (known for it's crappy stopping power. It goes clean through ,and was more dangerous for those around. Later ammo seems to have fixed that)

UGH! Some knowledge I wish I never had gained by direct observation.

A 9mil Glock will penetrate through a person. I have personally shot a junk car with one and it went clean through both doors. That should be much more than a person as far as ability to stop a bullet.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I am thinking that some of the people were hit by bullets passing through other people, not that it excuses it or anything.

That is a high probability, if i got a bullet in me after passing through someone else "using my fat to slow down said bullet" my chances of surviving are greater than a small child. Most 9 year olds are thin and petite. Would not take much to cause fatal damage. Still though i would love to be locked in a room with that guy for a good 10-20 minutes

edit on 8-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

Amen. That guy is a freakshow on wheels and nobody should use him as political fodder for one viewpoint or another.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Person on Fox news just said Jared Loughner had some kind of law suit in the deceased judges court to do with immigration. Didn't hear the whole thing...... sorry.

Thinking they're grasping? Maybe. MSNBC just reported that the judge didn't plan to even be there at all...wasn't expected and wasn't on his agenda. He decided at the last minute to drop by the meet-n-greet to show support for the congresswoman. This would mean that if he was an actual target, or one of them, the shooter would have had to have followed him there.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by glome
reply to post by boondock-saint

yeah this is the most tyranical government since the last tyranical government. i think comments like this are so bull# that I'm not surprised that some life hating, america hating asshole would act out.

would you like to explain your rant?

are you rageing against the comment or the shooter?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Please Stay On Topic

Discussion of personal illicit drug use and other subjects prohibited by the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use may result in suspension of posting privileges, so let's not.

This is a fast moving thread, but the rules still apply, and members are requested to keep that in mind.

Thanks.

edit on 1/8/2011 by Majic because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this happened right down the street from me, by a guy i went to highschool and interacted with on a daily basis with

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

Originally posted by ckstarling

Yep. Very left wing, volunteered at the book fair, thought the Congressman was stupid... Just like I said - an Anti-Gun Nut Job.

Wait... I'm confused.

Books are left wing?!!! OH, NO!!!!!

You've OBVIOUSLY never been to a Book Fair'. - A 'Book Fair' is not a 'Book' - A 'Book Fair' is a very liberal event to introduce liberals to self published books written by other liberals because they do not sell in 'Book Stores'. If you also need help with differentiating a 'Book Store' from a 'Book' as well, please let me know.

edit on 8-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: spelling

I can only laugh. Your hostility is amusing.

And way to make assumptions because, yes, I've been to a number of "book fairs." And let me tell you, they are NOT all so-called "liberal." Their primary purpose is to allow authors who are not contracted to big publishers exposure. Some of this is liberal, some is conservative, and some is neither.

Sure you have princess - yet somehow you don't know the difference between a 'Book' and a 'Book Fair'.

Oh, semantics. Aren't they lovely to rely upon when you don't have a valid point?

Having worked with a small press, I can give you more information about the processes of publication and marketing than you know. But alas, I don't need to defend myself since, as we've discovered, your argument relies on semantics. Peace be with you.

link   
reply to post by hartOV8

Are you saying that you knew Jared Loughner?

~Heff

link   
reply to post by hartOV8

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be awfully surreal.

However...

Let me be the first to encourage you to elaborate on that.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just heard a report on ktar.com newstalk radio in AZ:
Aide said gunman asked if congresswoman would be taking questions. He was unhurt.
Now talking about the person who tackled the shooter.

now on phone with a witness.
edit on 8-1-2011 by DaWhiz because: Update

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
I am sure it was just a random act of violence, can't see why anyone would want to shoot their congressperson.

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean a thing. A couple of weeks ago good ole patriotic Sara Palin is known to have said that this particular congresswoman was one of "those targeted" by conservatives. Now let me say that my gripe against her and the Beckster using inflammatory language like this is that there are many listening who do not have the capacity to sort things out for themselves and it is these poor folk that actually carry through and do bad things. Freedom of speech without responsibility for what we say is wrong. Both Palin and Beck plainly lack the levels of maturity which are so necessary these days.

Now, if you cannot see the sense in this then all I can say is that you need to go back to school and take a few psychology courses and learn a bit about human behavior.

edit on 8-1-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This may have been posted:

But the killer left a youtube video..

www.digitaljournal.com...

The suspect in the shooting of Congresswoman Giffords and others, Jared Loughner, posted a YouTube video three weeks ago indicating that "in a few days, you know I’m conscience dreaming!" as well as a MySpace post saying goodbye to friends.
U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords lists among her "Favorite Quotations" on her Facebook page the following:
“With malice toward none, with charity for all, ...let us strive on to finish the work we are in,...to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.” -- Abraham Lincoln.

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

In a YouTube video attributed to Jared Lee Loughner, which was posted approximately about three weeks ago, Loughner states, in part:
This video is my introduction to you! My favorite activity is conscience dreaming: the greatest inspiration for my political business information. Some of you don’t dream – sadly.
In conclusion, my ambition – is for informing literate dreamers about a new currency; in a few days, you know I’m conscience dreaming! Thank you

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yeah i did know him, he was a great writer, albeit a bit quiet and reserved, and i thought his talents would take him somewhere someday. granted i havent seen this guy since i was 18, i had a few classes with him and i believe he was a year younger. i guess you just cant know the darkness some people have concealed inside. i dont believe this was a random act of aggression.

link   
Apologies, just reading back i noticed the videos are already being discussed.

Very strange stuff, especially the talk of mind control.

Peace

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Actually there are 5, you can find em in here a few times. They are creepy, he even has one under his favorite(the only one) that is super creepy.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

I don't see it as a badge of honor in any sense. It's just my thought and I wrote it before I would forget it. I have never asked for stars or flags and I don't even know how you give stars and flags. I'm only here to put out my ideas and see others ideas and connect the dots. I'm sorry if it seemed insensitive to the people of this tragic event, I did not mean it that way. I think though that some very bizarre things are happening in the world that effect everyone.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Using a tragedy to try to curb free speech, not surprised. The gun grabbers are salivating too, and lot of other people that jump on bad events to put the people in even more of a chokehold.

Most intelligent people see right through these emotional vampire tactics, but intelligence seems to be dwindling away these days.

Metaphors should be banned, because stupid people might take them serious. Yeah that is really great.
edit on Sat, 08 Jan 2011 18:25:45 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Know whats funny about the nut stuff? Everyone said oswald was a nut, and here we are 50 years later still arguing on it. Bleh, is what I say.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yep. Very left wing, volunteered at the book fair, thought the Congressman was stupid... Just like I said - an Anti-Gun Nut Job.

Wait... I'm confused.

Books are left wing?!!! OH, NO!!!!!

You've OBVIOUSLY never been to a Book Fair'. - A 'Book Fair' is not a 'Book' - A 'Book Fair' is a very liberal event to introduce liberals to self published books written by other liberals because they do not sell in 'Book Stores'. If you also need help with differentiating a 'Book Store' from a 'Book' as well, please let me know.

edit on 8-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: spelling

I can only laugh. Your hostility is amusing.

And way to make assumptions because, yes, I've been to a number of "book fairs." And let me tell you, they are NOT all so-called "liberal." Their primary purpose is to allow authors who are not contracted to big publishers exposure. Some of this is liberal, some is conservative, and some is neither.

Sure you have princess - yet somehow you don't know the difference between a 'Book' and a 'Book Fair'.

Oh, semantics. Aren't they lovely to rely upon when you don't have a valid point?

Having worked with a small press, I can give you more information about the processes of publication and marketing than you know. But alas, I don't need to defend myself since, as we've discovered, your argument relies on semantics. Peace be with you.

I have been rude and allowed myself to be controlled by my ego, and thus exposed as one who has indeed acted foolishly. To this young lady I apologize.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join