It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on Bird Die Off - From "Ground Zero"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I noticed some strangeness too.

I was on the way home when i saw seagulls, pidgeons, geese, all flying in the same dirction. It seemed unusual, especially geese (not an expert on bird migration btw) all flying in the same direction. I took a bearing using my compass phone app and they were all flying in a north westerly direction.

I thought geese were already in the south this time of year and not flying north west?
edit on 8-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Please get out there today with a video camera or even a phone camera if that's all you have, I for one would like to see this although I don't hold out much hope that this is genuine. Please prove me wrong. BTW please don't take offence its just there are one too many hit and run threads on ats.
edit on 8-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I noticed some strangeness too.

I was on the way home when i saw seagulls, pidgeons, geese, all flying in the same dirction. It seemed unusual, especially geese (not an expert on bird migration btw) all flying in the same direction. I took a bearing using my compass phone app and they were all flying in a north westerly direction.

I thought geese were already in the south this time of year and not flying north west?
edit on 8-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

After reading your post, it reminded me of the night before Katrina hit. There was dead silence outside, no sound from birds, frogs, crickets or any of the usual noise one hears at night on the bayous. The animals had left or went into hiding. Could they be flying in the wrong direction because they are trying to get to a safer area? Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Those of you who are “hunters” will know that other massive bird deaths may not be found in populated areas. Speaking for the US only……….In the states where these bird deaths happened, other areas of possible bird deaths may have gone undetected due to rural areas or farm land. Unless you are out in these areas other deaths will/would go unreported.

Knowing how nature works together………a massive bird death out on farm land would disappear overnight with only a trace of feathers left behind unless the birds were poisoned.

I am from NW Louisiana and have hunted and trapped my whole life in Arkansas/Texas/Louisiana. Dead birds on the ground would be a fresh meal for several animals at night especially during the winter months.

I presently live in SW MO……….If I want to investigate possible “bird deaths” in my area I can’t wait and look out my window for them to fall. You must go out to where at least 75% of the birds species reside which is out on rural areas or farm land.

I did just that on Wednesday out in the rural farm land of SE Kansas. These areas typically have large groups of birds that usually can be seen jumping from field to field. It took me almost an hour before I finally found a group of robins (about 100) in a field. Looking through binoculars across many fields I could not find any massive bird deaths but I could not find the typical birds in the fields as well.

I did find one dead bird, a horned owl. It appeared to have died and dropped directly under a tree next to a field. It had been dead for about 24 hours and after inspection to its body it appeared not to have been shot by poachers.

Oddly it was still intact and it had not been devoured by the many coyotes in the area.

The point to my post is that you need to get out into nature a “look” for other strange bird deaths.

I am headed to KC today driving the back roads along farm land and I will be looking for anything odd.

I don’t live too far from Beebe Ar. If the OP is still posting that red-wings are alive but not flying on the ground I will personally go and video this event bright and early Monday morning.

Keep the information coming…………………and go take a walk with nature this weekend in your area……..You never know what you may find….

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Actually, I live in ohio, hour from you. But I live in the country, soooo maybe that is why I have birds? We have alot of birds. We call them snow birds =) they come out in winter and we feed them bird seed. I LOVE birds.

As for me, I will be watching the behavior of my snow birds. Ill see if they are acting strange or not.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Please get out there today with a video camera or even a phone camera if that's all you have, I for one would like to see this although I don't hold out much hope that this is genuine. Please prove me wrong. BTW please don't take offence its just there are one too many hit and run threads on ats.

I do not own a video camera...

I do have a digital camera - but I don't see what good it would do to take pictures of dead and dying birds, we've seen that on the news already.

I'm not really sure what I would have to gain by making this up.

I really didn't know there would be this many reply's to my post - I just wanted to update everyone on what we are seeing here in Beebe.

I think my friend Josh has a digital video camera - if he does, I'll ask him if I can borrow it and film these birds.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

I do not own a video camera...

I do have a digital camera - but I don't see what good it would do to take pictures of dead and dying birds, we've seen that on the news already.

I'm not really sure what I would have to gain by making this up.

I really didn't know there would be this many reply's to my post - I just wanted to update everyone on what we are seeing here in Beebe.

I think my friend Josh has a digital video camera - if he does, I'll ask him if I can borrow it and film these birds.

Your digital camera will probably allow you to take short videos most do even cheap digital cameras allow you to take basic video footage. Mine does and its at least 5 years old.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Probably so - I'm at work right now, so I don't have time to take video.

Honestly though, what good is video of dying birds going to do?

There isn't much there that you can see - just dead and dying birds.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

It would add credibility to your story, since you are the only one reporting such facts. I am beginning to wonder about a lot of the information on this site as mere imaginary stories.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, I understand - there are alot of lies on this page.

I am only telling you what I've seen.

Take it or leave it, lol.

Honestly - my opinion is that they can't fly because they survived the fall from the sky and probably have broken wings.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I noticed there was a 2.8 earthquake near Guy, Ark. today...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've posted this in a couple places but it seems most people aren't aware of this government program to reduce blackbird and starling populations: www.aphis.usda.gov...

The wetting agent could conceivably cause the birds to lose the ability to fly but not actually kill them, methinks. This could explain some of the deaths of blackbirds and starlings. It could also be used as an excuse for the deaths so that nobody goes asking any questions. But it certainly cannot explain ALL the animal deaths over the past couple of weeks.

That PDF and the recent leak of info regarding the EPA approving/supporting pesticides known to kill honey bees make me a little uneasy. The government has no place slaying massive populations of any creatures. That's a humanitarian, ecological, environmental issue that we as citizens should be tackling, not our political leaders (who have a mainly financial interest versus a genuine interest in the welfare of humankind).

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, T.

I hadn't read that yet.

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

actually, there may be more than you imagine. please, if you can, document the event. the video footage, if nothing else, will serve to prove that something is STILL happening or impeding or simply effecting their natural performance. This is important.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This from Maine, USA: Nothing about birds falling out of the sky but...

I noticed buffleheads, comorants, wood ducks, mergansers on the lake here in December. Usually they are done with their migration South in October and we don't see them again until Spring. They appeared to be two months late this year.

Another note... my compass indicates that the magnetic north pole has shifted about 30 degrees to the West.

Anyone else notice anything like this?
edit on 8-1-2011 by PapiBobbert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
can anyone give me info on the earthquakes happening in ark. i live in ms. right by the ark. line,i went to this website , www.intellicast.com... ,and clicked on the earthquake icon and it says yall have had 4 but the weird thing is ,is that the fourth one aint happened yet by the time it says,8 something tonight.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Thanks you so much for posting, finally someone from the area where all this began. Looking forward to your updates. Please let us know what kind of animals are acting strange and how so. Other than not being able to fly do they look sick, can you tell if they are trying to find food on the ground? I'm sorry - so many questions but this is the first post as far as I know from someone in the area in the way of a follow up.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ok...

I know how some of you are probably going to respond to this post, but here is an update.

The area in question, where I saw the dead birds, is next to my friend Josh's house.

The birds are gone - but Josh told me there was a government guy out there taking pictures of them and he beleives they may have cleaned them up.

I am only going off what Josh said - I didn't actually see any government officials on the scene, I am only telling you what he told me.

I promise to all of the readers out there who have star and flagged that I am not trying to make some story up - as I have nothing to gain from lying about this.

I am only telling you what I have seen and heard.

I hope this helps in someway.

Regards,

Mentor

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

This is very interesting, are you aware of the testing going on in this area?
Id like you to take a look at this video, everyone, and tell me if you think this has anything to do with it...at least in this area, but it could be going on in other areas as well.....thanks.
HAARP AT WORK most recent live footage from people nearby
I think this is what could have killed them and very well why they cant fly and seem disoriented. Birds have the MOST sensitive bodys to microwaves.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderingwonderer

arkansas related quakes and tremors -- 500 since September 2010
neic.usgs.gov... ... listing of quakes from last 8-30 days (worldwide) - coordinates included
www.eas.slu.edu... -- Central US quake history w/relevant links
www.ess.washington.edu... -- all kinds of cool links should you be interested

quakes near (Guy, AR) specifically, last 7 days -- earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join